HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Perry and Getzlaf talks to start

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 04:02 PM
  #176
IDuck
Registered User
 
IDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 500
my fear isnt the product on ice if getz/perry are gone this summer...its the franchise, and what would happen if getz,perry, and selanne were all gone in one offseason

IDuck is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 04:10 PM
  #177
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,970
vCash: 500
If LA can survive the loss of Gretzky, I'm sure that we could survive the loss of the twins. If we can assemble a quality team in their absence, people will come.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
  #178
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
If LA can survive the loss of Gretzky, I'm sure that we could survive the loss of the twins. If we can assemble a quality team in their absence, people will come.
Whelp if we lose twins and trade em away at deadline! We're Nathan MacKinnon bound.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
  #179
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Whelp if we lose twins and trade em away at deadline! We're Nathan MacKinnon bound.
Oh no, We're #1 overall pick bound! We get a player to replace Getzlaf!! ahhhh!!!! (We probably wouldn't be "Mackinnon Bound" anyways, because we'd probably get some decent players back from the Getz and Perry trades)

Loosing Getzlaf and Perry isn't suicide. There was a time when we lost Selanne, and then Kariya. Guess what? We survived.

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:07 PM
  #180
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
Oh no, We're #1 overall pick bound! We get a player to replace Getzlaf!! ahhhh!!!! (We probably wouldn't be "Mackinnon Bound" anyways, because we'd probably get some decent players back from the Getz and Perry trades)

Loosing Getzlaf and Perry isn't suicide. There was a time when we lost Selanne, and then Kariya. Guess what? We survived.

Ummm
Then we lose Teemu, bobby, koivu
After that....

There is no scenario u can compare that too....

DaDucks is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:09 PM
  #181
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
How do we lose Bobby because Perry / Getz leave......?

Teemu and Koivu have to retire at some point

mightyquack is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:14 PM
  #182
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Ummm
Then we lose Teemu, bobby, koivu
After that....

There is no scenario u can compare that too....
We'll be losing Teemu and Koivu regardless of what happens. Their decision to retire has nothing to do with Getzlaf and Perry.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:16 PM
  #183
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Ummm
Then we lose Teemu, bobby, koivu
After that....

There is no scenario u can compare that too....
We're in a WORLD of hurt if all those dominos fell this year. Talk about a serious rebuild. Good post

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:19 PM
  #184
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
How do we lose Bobby because Perry / Getz leave......?

Teemu and Koivu have to retire at some point
Bobby wouldn't resign after next year... And the Finns would hang them up

DaDucks is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:20 PM
  #185
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Ummm
Then we lose Teemu, bobby, koivu
After that....

There is no scenario u can compare that too....
We didn't even have many good secondary scorers back when we lost Kariya...

.... and it's not like we can't go out and trade for or sign a few good players (We did go out and sign Fedorov). Anybody who actually thinks losing Getzlaf and Perry is the end of the franchise, is an idiot.

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:22 PM
  #186
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
We're in a WORLD of hurt if all those dominos fell this year. Talk about a serious rebuild. Good post
Ya I totally meant this season...
Have a good day at school tomorrow son

DaDucks is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:23 PM
  #187
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Bobby wouldn't resign after next year... And the Finns would hang them up
Do you have the lottery numbers for next week good sir?

mightyquack is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:23 PM
  #188
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
We didn't even have many good secondary scorers back when we lost Kariya...

.... and it's not like we can't go out and trade for or sign a few good players (We did go out and sign Fedorov). Anybody who actually thinks losing Getzlaf and Perry is the end of the franchise, is an idiot.

Ohhh boy not going to touch this

DaDucks is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:24 PM
  #189
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Bobby wouldn't resign after next year... And the Finns would hang them up
Are you Bobby Ryan's agent or something? You can't guarantee Bobby leaves.... maybe he'd want to stick around and become the team's primary star?

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
  #190
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Bobby wouldn't resign after next year... And the Finns would hang them up
Seeing as we can practically guarantee that he'll be offered a job with our organization when he retires, one I'm sure he'll take, I don't think Teemu hangs it up until he's ready.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:27 PM
  #191
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Do you have the lottery numbers for next week good sir?
don't even know why I'm arguing.. I believe perry and Getz are signing..

DaDucks is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:27 PM
  #192
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Ohhh boy not going to touch this
Yet you post. If you don't want to "touch this", then ignore the post.

You just can't reply to it because you know I'm right.


Last edited by Corey Perry*: 01-20-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:30 PM
  #193
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
don't even know why I'm arguing.. I believe perry and Getz are signing..
I don't know why you are either

mightyquack is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:30 PM
  #194
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,239
vCash: 500
This thread is starting to resemble a Toronto trade proposal

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:30 PM
  #195
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
Are you Bobby Ryan's agent or something? You can't guarantee Bobby leaves.... maybe he'd want to stick around and become the team's primary star?
Only mentioned it because he seems like a question mark right now to re-sign... Take away pears and Getz and i think the odds dip very heavily out of our favor for him to stick around for a kings like 8-10 year rebuild

DaDucks is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:31 PM
  #196
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
This thread is starting to resemble a Toronto trade proposal
Sexton + 4th for Niedermayer!

mightyquack is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:32 PM
  #197
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Only mentioned it because he seems like a question mark right now to re-sign... Take away pears and Getz and i think the odds dip very heavily out of our favor for him to stick around for a kings like 8-10 year rebuild
But you said that it was a sure thing that Bobby would leave... and not every rebuild takes 8-10 years. I don't even know if we'd have to rebuild because we have some good young players that could come in and replace Getzlaf and Perry's production.

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:32 PM
  #198
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
Yet you post. If you don't want to "touch this", then ignore the post.

You just can't reply to it because you know I'm right.
Ha ha your okay buddy your okay

DaDucks is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:35 PM
  #199
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,641
vCash: 500
nvm.

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:39 PM
  #200
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
But you said that it was a sure thing that Bobby would leave... and not every rebuild takes 8-10 years. I don't even know if we'd have to rebuild because we have some good young players that could come in and replace Getzlaf and Perry's production.
Ahh interesting... So we will have young players to make up for perry and getzlaf... And bobby is staying? Ok ya... I feel better now
Thank you

DaDucks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.