HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sellout streak coming to an end? Many unsold tickets.. Molson starting to sweat?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:48 PM
CN_paladin

vCash: 500
There are still plenty of side by side tickets in the blues for quite a few games so maybe we fans started to revolt against the $10/ticket web convenience fee. The $5/ticket of electronic delivery fee is a also pure jokes as they charged me $20 for a pdf document containing 4 tickets...

Last edited by CN_paladin: 01-20-2013 at 09:55 PM.
CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:50 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Thanks for this, just bought 3 tickets to the Devils game to go with my cousin who's a Devil's fan!
My first 2 games at the Bell Centre were against the Devils and I'll never pay to see that team in my lifetime.

Whenever Brodeur is in MTL buddy, prepare to see a boring game where we lose.

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm not so sure yet that Bergevin is doing a great job either
#FireBergevin

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
It's just a matter of knowing there are tickets available.

Pretty much the same as the Alouettes on a much bigger scale. McGill was sold out for so much time, it stay in people mind well over a year after they upgrade the stadium in size. People dont think about buying tickets because it's in their mind that it's pretty much impossible.

The same could apply to the scrimmage of last week. How many people though this event would be pack-out? Yet there was 4000 places left. I know 4 people at my office who didnt bother going simply because they thought it would be full before they could go late that afternoon.

Of course the on ice product doesnt help. And the upperbowl prices are now insane. The upperbowl is either cheapest possible tickets for me in the Blue (last row the best since i can stay up the whole game) or 1st row on the balcony. I just feel like having the same damn view then the cheapest blue from any other stop but at double the price. Thanks but no thanks. Might as well stay at my house and watch it on the 55" with a good beer at 1/2 the price.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
Might as well stay at my house and watch it on the 55" with a good beer at 1/2 the price.
1/2 price? you're overpaying

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Craig71

Poor Mr Molson, how will he cope with it all. Based on the teams play, he should be lucky to get 10,000 in the building. Canadian owners will never have to worry about selling tickets no matter how poor the on ice product.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:49 PM
JSBach

If the product is bad, you shouldn't pay for it; It's being a smart consumer. Would you buy a table with one leg significantly shorter than the others? A book with pages missing? If this is a direct result of the team's poor performance then that's a sign that the fans are thinking and aren't going to tolerate a bad team, which is good.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

well what can Molson expect? I seen the 3000 empty seats last year....
By all accounts the Habs are AGAIN in a REBUILD PHASE..that is the line there using,looking to future...but it is still way to fresh in peoples heads ,Gainey sold us a 5yr rebuild , and it took about 10 year to see it was fail..so here we go again ....

now tickets are way higher...Habs are saying the rebuild word again....Goona be tons of people stay away ,for good reason....

Prices are Crazy high for bad product on ice,no cups in 20 years...and crazy ticket price that suggest this org is most successful on ice in Nhl...which the excellence on ice has long gone ,an embarrassment to all legends who wore the Montreal jersey ..

will be interesting to see about 17,000 at Bell......it is the wake up call they really need...

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-20-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:00 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
well what can Molson expect?\\i seen the 3000 empty seats last year....

and by all account the Habs are AGAIN in a REBUILD PHASE..that is the line there using,looking to future...but it is stuill way to fresh in peiples heads ,Gainey sold us a 5yr rebuild , and it took about 10 year to see it was fail..

now tickets are way higher...Habs are saying the rebuild word again....Goona be tons of people stay away ,for good reason....

Prices are Crazy high for bad product on ice.....crazy ticket prices....etc

will be interesting to see about 17,000 at Bell......it is the wake up call they really need...
TBH, I think had management been a bit more forthcoming about having a rebuild, respected the fans' intelligence a bit more, then I think we'd see more people in the seats. Of course, the prices are still ridiculous.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Oh come on Molson isn't about to tell MB how to do his job because he's selling less tickets in advance. Once we get 2 or 3 victories in a row people will start to cheer up and start go crazy and make foolish decisions such as buying 150$+ tickets and buy 15$ beers to go see a bunch of millionaires chase after a puck. Which is fine by me because I go crazy sometimes...

People just don't have anything to expect after the game yesterday, a win and the tickets would of been sold.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Geester76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Now if people could stop drinking their **** beers, it would even be better.
I rather invite a nice lady for a good meal in a good restaurant with a couple of nice wine bottle. Far better satisafaction garanteed.

Geester76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Oh come on Molson isn't about to tell MB how to do his job because he's selling less tickets in advance. Once we get 2 or 3 victories in a row people will start to cheer up and start go crazy and make foolish decisions such as buying 150$+ tickets and buy 15$ beers to go see a bunch of millionaires chase after a puck. Which is fine by me because I go crazy sometimes...

People just don't have anything to expect after the game yesterday, a win and the tickets would of been sold.
lol,

I'm watching Vancouver/ Oilers and 10 mins to go in a 2-1 game empty seats....

Habs nose bleeds are close to $70 bucks now to watch a so called good road team ,i just can't see how over next 8-10 years they can keep this up....the housing market was the same way,just keep upping the price, people are willing to pay....the bubble popped...same with Montreal ticket prices,especially with such poor on ice product.....perfect storm

I want to meet the first fan to buy 1 beer for $20-24 dollar at Bell centre...lol where more than halfway there .....pure gouging(beer/ ticket prices) by owner, period ...

maybe will see a day where they pull out all 21,273 seats and put in 4000 luxury boxes....lol

Old
01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
la25ecoupe

Used to be 35$ in blues now it's 50$.

Non merci, man lower your prices c*liss..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 50
I used to go to 5-10 games a year while working part time as a teenager/early twenty year old.

I am now twenty-seven, and have been working full time for years. I really can't see myself paying for more than 2-3 games a year with the prices. I could afford it, but it's just not a wise purchase.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm not so sure yet that Bergevin is doing a great job either
Well, how long has he been in place, with a full staff, and what could he have done? He hasn't signed Subban (perhaps for reasons you don't know) but he re-signed Pacioretty and Price and brought in Prust, Bouillon (ugh), and Armstrong. He bought out Gomez. He drafted talented juniors (on the recommendation of Timmins).

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

The NHL has 30 teams, so if they take turns it would be one Cup in 30 years for each. If 1993 is too far back for you, how about 1967 for the fans of les feuilles mortes? The Flyers haven't won since 1975 and the Rangers since 1994. The Blues entered the NHL in 1968 and the Sabres and Canucks in 1970 but none of them has won a single Cup. How about one Cup for the Blackhawks since 1961?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The NHL has 30 teams, so if they take turns it would be one Cup in 30 years for each. If 1993 is too far back for you, how about 1967 for the fans of les feuilles mortes? The Flyers haven't won since 1975 and the Rangers since 1994. The Blues entered the NHL in 1968 and the Sabres and Canucks in 1970 but none of them has won a single Cup. How about one Cup for the Blackhawks since 1961?
how can you even compare Montreal to any of those teams?
This franchise has 24 cups.....and lost it's identity...
It is all about excellence off ice at ticket counter..
if you can be honest ..Habs are like an expansion team with near highest prices in the Nhl...

"no excuses"...that's on Montreal dressing room wall now...lol

Detroit gave there fans 20 great years ....... Montreal has been a joke....the notion of there's 30 teams it's harder now , is an excuse...

last night as they passed the torch around,and Jean passed the torch ,i thought to myself , man i really wonder what he thinks of the Habs today....it must just be very hard for him to see how far the club has fallen ...

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-21-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old
01-21-2013, 12:05 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post

Canadiens fans are a different breed - we come from a team with the richest history in the NHL. Why do you feel it is acceptable to establish the standard for this franchise based on the failure of other franchises, that have far less history and fan support? Sure we can apply the law of averages to base our expectation, but that doesn't mean that certain franchises over the course of time are unable to prove that good management and direction can lead to above average finishes.

I don't believe wanting more is a bad thing. Especially when we see the same mistakes repeat itself from the top-down.

But the sad part is, Canadiens fans don't really expect stanley cups easily, they want a team that can give them hope in winning one more often than not. I hope we can agree that this much should be normal from fans?

When was the last start of the season where you felt we had realistic shot at the cup?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
It's just a matter of knowing there are tickets available.

Pretty much the same as the Alouettes on a much bigger scale. McGill was sold out for so much time, it stay in people mind well over a year after they upgrade the stadium in size. People dont think about buying tickets because it's in their mind that it's pretty much impossible.

The same could apply to the scrimmage of last week. How many people though this event would be pack-out? Yet there was 4000 places left. I know 4 people at my office who didnt bother going simply because they thought it would be full before they could go late that afternoon.

Of course the on ice product doesnt help. And the upperbowl prices are now insane. The upperbowl is either cheapest possible tickets for me in the Blue (last row the best since i can stay up the whole game) or 1st row on the balcony. I just feel like having the same damn view then the cheapest blue from any other stop but at double the price. Thanks but no thanks. Might as well stay at my house and watch it on the 55" with a good beer at 1/2 the price.
That's exactly the problem.

I had no idea they went on sale today. Well I knew like 3 weeks ago but I forgot. I go on rds.ca, lapresse.ca, follow most of the reporter (french/english) on twitter and I don't remember seeing anyting TODAY

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

Same thing is happening in Vancouver. Anger combined with confusion and not much time has put the canucks sell out streak in question.

The real test will come when the habs get past the first few home games and face a team like the Islanders (well, they have some young talent but you know what I mean). If you throw in the potential of a poor season, it just might be the perfect storm to kill the streak in some markets across Canada.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:27 AM
boris4c

Well, killing the streak wouldn't be a bad thing at all. I think it's time the prices go down, but TSN and other media were reporting that some teams broke their historical attendance record this season on their home openers which is sad. I was expecting more of a revolt from the fans after the lockout.

The owners and the NHL have been ripping off the fans on all fronts. It even costs $49.99 to get an iPhone application (NHL Game Center) to watch replays and highlights.

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
It's Montreal, team is average/not good fans don't show up, has never changed

Maybe Molson should have a 1$ hot dogs game

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:33 AM
PricePkPatch*

"Yhea sure, let's tank. There is no way in hell it might hurt the franchise. In fact, let's consider doing it A SECOND YEAR IN A ROW"

Oh. Look. No more sold out matches.

Surprise surprise

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

But... but... I don't understand. The pro-tankers have been saying for years that the team would continue to be super popular and sell out the Bell Center no matter the product on the ice... could they have been wrong all these years?!? That's umpossible!

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to Carey Commit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
But... but... I don't understand. The pro-tankers have been saying for years that the team would continue to be super popular and sell out the Bell Center no matter the product on the ice... could they have been wrong all these years?!? That's umpossible!
Let's put it this way, through all this (last year + lockout) I haven't moved up 1 spot on the season ticket waiting list.

Like I said, it maybe a little slower than usual I suppose for single game tickets but I don't really remember them ever selling out on day 1. Maybe 08-09. Leafs tickets are the samething and evidently Flames and Canucks. I feel like we have this thread every year.

Carey Commit is offline   Reply With Quote