HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 09:31 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
100% correct

IMO for us to compete in the playoffs we need to fill 2 holes.

1. #1 Center
2. Goaltending

TOR: Duchene
COL: Bozak + Colborne + Blacker + 2nd

TOR: Bernier
LA: Frattin + 3rd
Colorado does not need 2 centers. The fact they have an abundace of centers is why we are trading with them.

BUt I would love Duchene.

I think the price is more like:
Kulemin + Gards + ???? (whatever hole they want to fill)

Bernier I'm not sold on. HIs value to LAK is higher than What I want to pay. Too many one hit wonder goalies. This kid is a never had a hit to begin with.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
wtf does Gunnar have to do with the TEAM making the playoffs??
Nothing. ANd Any team would be happy to have a cheap solid allround D-man like Gunner.

Using him as a main piece to get Forsberg might be a bit much but that depends how desperate WAS is by the end of March.

All depends what the other team needs.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
HE was sick last night. I watched a chunk of the Carolina massacre.

FLA has young stud D-men so, do you see any way we could land him and keep KEssel and Lupul?

I just can't.
i wish too but no we can't gotta give up good pieces to get that guy here, the panthers have something special going on sooner than later.

01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Ricky Bobby

People suggesting 4 milion for CMac are crazy.

I say trade CMac close to the deadline.

Guy is a # 4 40 to 45 point winger who need PP time, doesn't kill penalties and excels in a transition game on a team that has to many players of his type of skillset. He had one career 60 point year on a crap team where he got more powerplay time then he'll ever get again on this team because we've now got better options to give that time to in Lupul plus he'll be fighting JVR and Kadri for PP time.

CMac was simply a good player on a bad team. Younger cheaper guys can fill his role (or close to it) at a fraction of the cost.

If we reink him for anything over 3 he'll become the next Poni or Hagman or Stajan.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Mac for 4 mil, no thanks.

Mac for 3? Yes.

He's so underrated. Guys a great 2nd/3rd liner and a leader.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
People suggesting 4 milion for CMac are crazy.

I say trade CMac close to the deadline.

Guy is a # 4 40 to 45 point winger who need PP time, doesn't kill penalties and excels in a transition game on a team that has to many players of his type of skillset. He had one career 60 point year on a crap team where he got more powerplay time then he'll ever get again on this team because we've now got better options to give that time to in Lupul plus he'll be fighting JVR and Kadri for PP time.

CMac was simply a good player on a bad team. Younger cheaper guys can fill his role (or close to it) at a fraction of the cost.

If we reink him for anything over 3 he'll become the next Poni or Hagman or Stajan.
He's been 1/3 of our most consistent, and defensive forward line in the past few years. He's been a big part of that line, which a couple of years ago was our best line.

I see him as a 60~ point player that could have a contract of 3.5-4 mill.

That being said, if one of our top six had to be traded to make rook for other, it wouldn't be the worst thing to trade him.

I'd like to keep him though as he has proven that he can produce, has chemistry with grabo and kulie, and he has been consistent.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Im Old Gregggg

unless we get him at a huge discount I hope we trade Mac..... imo the most mehhhhh trabable player in our top 6, If we pick up a #1 center that can knock bozak down to #3c and kadri can fill in on cmacs wing

Dont get me wrong hes a good player, but doesnt do any 1 thing in particular great. Dont trade him off for a bag of pucks but if we can reel in a 1st pick for him he MUST cash out on him since he ISNT a long term fit here and is replacable from withing the system

Old
01-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

If we keep retaining guys like Clarke MacArthur we will never get out of mediocrity. I would say the same thing about Kulemin but I think he's a guy who can actually play a checking role while chipping in with some offense. MacArthur is not effective if he is not providing offense and even that he does in spurts.

We need an upgrade on the 2nd line winger position. The cheapest one available on the market is Alex Radulov.

01-20-2013, 11:14 PM
keonsbitterness
Don't vote for Ford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
The cheapest one available on the market is Alex Radulov.
There's that has-trouble-honouring-a-contract thing with him.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:30 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Colorado does not need 2 centers. The fact they have an abundace of centers is why we are trading with them.

BUt I would love Duchene.

I think the price is more like:
Kulemin + Gards + ???? (whatever hole they want to fill)

Bernier I'm not sold on. HIs value to LAK is higher than What I want to pay. Too many one hit wonder goalies. This kid is a never had a hit to begin with.
Kuli + Gards + Colborne for Duchene would probably suffice. Duchene-Grabo-Bozak up the middle would be a way better situation.

Last edited by calcal798: 01-20-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 11:46 PM
LEAFSIN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonsbitterness View Post
There's that has-trouble-honouring-a-contract thing with him.
He's making $9+ mil in the KHL. He's not coming back

Old
01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
i wish too but no we can't gotta give up good pieces to get that guy here, the panthers have something special going on sooner than later.
They just signed all the secondary players they will ever need just to meet the cp floor last year. And those guys look around and see Gudbransson, Kulikov and now Huberdeau. They have to see a potential winner. So they aren't going to move their future All-star #1C.

FOR me the guy that keeps popping up is Skinner.

I am offering basically Gards and whatever they think they need to make the playoffs this year.

MacA? Kule?

Old
01-21-2013, 12:26 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Kuli + Gards + Colborne for Duchene would probably suffice. Duchene-Grabo-Bozak up the middle would be a way better situation.
Colborne will not be enough.

It will be another piece they feel will hellp them make the post season. Macarthur. OR Komi with us keeping some salary + a pick. OR Gunnersson.

We have to remember we will be over paying.

We are the ones looking for a young stud center. We are the ones who will have to meet asking price. Not the other way around.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
They just signed all the secondary players they will ever need just to meet the cp floor last year. And those guys look around and see Gudbransson, Kulikov and now Huberdeau. They have to see a potential winner. So they aren't going to move their future All-star #1C.

FOR me the guy that keeps popping up is Skinner.

I am offering basically Gards and whatever they think they need to make the playoffs this year.

MacA? Kule?
They wont part with Skinner, I know we like and but he isn't the right man for our mold we are building, definitely not at the price of Gards.

If we can use Gards for say someone like Duchene yes go for it. However no way for skinner, and obvious we need to add if we are going to be giving them gards.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:48 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
They wont part with Skinner, I know we like and but he isn't the right man for our mold we are building, definitely not at the price of Gards.

If we can use Gards for say someone like Duchene yes go for it. However no way for skinner, and obvious we need to add if we are going to be giving them gards.
OK It's Duchene then.

We want Duchene and "NO" isn't an answer we will accept.

What's the price?

Gardiner + Kulemin(or Mac/ Kadri/ Bozak/ Gunner) + (what do they want?) Komi/ Holzer/ Franson/ Komarov/ Frattin/ Ashton ?

More?

Old
01-21-2013, 07:34 AM
darrylsittler27

I dare you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
100% correct

IMO for us to compete in the playoffs we need to fill 2 holes.

1. #1 Center
2. Goaltending

TOR: Duchene
COL: Bozak + Colborne + Blacker + 2nd

TOR: Bernier
LA: Frattin + 3rd
To go on the Colorado board and suggest that trade.The only one I can see is Frattin for Bernier,maybe. If we want Duschene start offering Kessel,but they will still say no.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:52 AM
416Leafer

It's a salary cap world. Kinda hard to maintain a well balanced team if we're gonna have Grabo, JVR, Kessel, Lupul, and MacArthur all making 4+ million. Assuming Kessel gets ~6.5 and MacArthur got ~4M, that's like 25.5M for 5 of our top 9 forwards. Not to mention if they want to keep Bozak, he's due for a raise. Kadri is an RFA at the end of the year. Kulemin a UFA in 1 year.

MacArthur just seems to be the odd-man out. Replaceable from within at a cheaper cap hit, and can get us a relatively high pick in what looks like a really good draft.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
To go on the Colorado board and suggest that trade.The only one I can see is Frattin for Bernier,maybe. If we want Duschene start offering Kessel,but they will still say no.
i figure their GM has made bad trades b4 why not now

Old
01-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

^ Right now, you've go with the best option you have, and that is retaining the mentioned guys. If we get an opportnity to significatly implrove player quality/team balance, we can move these guys through trades and waiver pickups. None of them have horrible contracts, so it shouldn't been too hard to move them.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:35 AM
darrylsittler27

Imagine how bad it would be...

If we had eaten Luongo's horrible contract.We wouldn't even have the money for Kessel when the cap drops to 64 million.Poor Gillis his game of chicken backfired.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
He's been 1/3 of our most consistent, and defensive forward line in the past few years. He's been a big part of that line, which a couple of years ago was our best line.

I see him as a 60~ point player that could have a contract of 3.5-4 mill.

That being said, if one of our top six had to be traded to make rook for other, it wouldn't be the worst thing to trade him.

I'd like to keep him though as he has proven that he can produce, has chemistry with grabo and kulie, and he has been consistent.
Let a bad team overpay CMac if he wants anything over 3 million.

We need to reserve our cap space to allocate towards the center ice position, D group, goaltending or lastly in the priority list a winger who is tough to play against.

If we were to pay another winger over 3 million he better be a tough as nails type winger like a Brown/Callahan/Ladd type or someone elite like a Corey Perry. Enough of these middle of the road tweeners.

We've got Kessel, Lupul, JVR locked up. Offence from the wing isn't our problem.

CMac is an offensive winger who doesn't do anything else at an above average level.

The 60 point season CMac says more about how terrible the Leafs roster was that he had the opportunity to get 60 points. Just like it did for Stajan. A lot of people point to Kulemins down season for CMac drop in production last season. Just as importantly was that he went from about 240 PP minutes and 19 points all the way down to 146 PP minutes and 9 points. Yet with his reduced time last season the Leafs powerplay was a lot better because that time mostly got shifted to Lupul.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

I agree with you RB - Mac has not done anything to show us that he deserves a raise. His play has been the exact same, in some cases regressed if anything. I would sign him at his exact same hit for 3 more years, or 3.5 at 2 years. That would be the best I would offer him.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:19 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

we dont need mac anymore
jvr frattin komarov take your pick

Old
01-21-2013, 11:39 AM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
we dont need mac anymore
jvr frattin komarov take your pick
this is just the truth. burke did well in maximizing assets, and we know nonis was behind many of his trades. id be surprised if we didnt capitalize on a trade for macarthur given then we are capable of replacing him.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:39 AM
leugangen

In Friedman's 30 thoughts today, he suggests that O'Reilly could be dealt soon. I have been a major supporter of this: we need to trade for him. He may not be a 90 point centre, but he is incredible defensively and would give us balance on that line. With Lupul and Kessel, he would be a 70 point guy.

I just don't know what it would take to get it done.

Closed Thread