HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Assassin's Creed 3

Old
01-13-2013, 04:15 AM
Darnell Nurse
SMASHBROS2014

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
Is it possible to use Altair's outfit for a full playthrough when u start as Connor?
Nope, you have to 100% sync every main mission first

Am I the only one that thinks that this is the best game of 2012?

Darnell Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH View Post

I certainly don't.

It can't hold a candle to AC2, and honestly it lacks depth, both in story and in gameplay.

It's like a wonderfully dressed up mediocre game.... But still a mediocre game.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH View Post

That's what i meant, after you unlock it, can u use for a full playthrough

The Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
tomcatNYR
Rookie User

I've grown to really like this game. I'm not that deep into the story yet, just got to the winter sequel, killed some wolves etc. but in general I like it. AC2 was awesome, but this one isn't that bad either.

tomcatNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

I think I may have hit a glitch on my game as I beat the main storyline and it says no more homestead missions are available, but
Spoil:
*SOMEWHAT OF A SPOILER* Achilles is still alive and I heard he was supposed to die. So ya is this a glitch? anyone else have this problem
?

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 01-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:44 PM
The Viper
Legolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
I think I may have hit a glitch on my game as I beat the main storyline and it says no more homestead missions are available, but
Spoil:
*SOMEWHAT OF A SPOILER* Achilles is still alive and I heard he was supposed to die. So ya is this a glitch? anyone else have this problem?
Spoil:
hmm never had that glitch, but i think he is supposed to die around Sequence 10 or 11 or 12, don't quite remember and you complete all homestead mission at Sequence 11

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 01-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM
The Viper
Legolas

The one thing i hate about this game is when the guards go after you for no reason even when ur incognito

Old
01-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Finish it last night and I didn't like the ending. It just seemed like more of a setup up for the next game which i suspect isn't a full AC game but more like one of the in between games like Brotherhood or Revelations.

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:19 PM
The Viper
Legolas

Is it smart to fully upgrade the Aquila before doing any of the Privateer Contracts?

Btw how do i make money apart from opening chests which i am running out of

Old
01-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Darnell Nurse
SMASHBROS2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Spoil:
I think I may have hit a glitch on my game as I beat the main storyline and it says no more homestead missions are available, but *SOMEWHAT OF A SPOILER* Achilles is still alive and I heard he was supposed to die. So ya is this a glitch? anyone else have this problem?
I had this problem too, but I managed to get it fixed when I looked around in the frontier and ny and Boston, try looking there.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 01-14-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Darnell Nurse
SMASHBROS2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
hmm never had that glitch, but i think he is supposed to die around Sequence 10 or 11 or 12, don't quite remember and you complete all homestead mission at Sequence 11
Spoil:
He dies after 12

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 01-14-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 08:23 AM
The Viper
Legolas

For anyone who is having problems with the glitch against the wolves on oak island, the solution is glitch them out by running towards them

Old
01-14-2013, 11:05 PM
The Viper
Legolas

So i unlocked Altair's outfit, but still wondering if you can use it for a full playthrough by starting a new game, can anyone tell me?

Old
01-16-2013, 08:44 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
I certainly don't.

It can't hold a candle to AC2, and honestly it lacks depth, both in story and in gameplay.

It's like a wonderfully dressed up mediocre game.... But still a mediocre game.
I picked up Border Lands. AC3 has been collecting dust since.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:42 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Never played an AC game before but I got this for Xmas so I've been playing it for the last couple of weeks. It took me a long, long time (Sequence 10 or so) to really get into it. I think I liked doing the side missions more than the main mission itself. Anyway I'm at the end now...

Spoil:
And the ending to the Desmond story line may be the worst to a game that I can remember. Jumping through those ruins with little indication where you're supposed to go next? Maybe I'm an idiot but it took me like an hour. Completely anti-climatic and made me just wish the game was over. Total momentum killer. And if I have to listen to that ***** in the white dress utter one more stupid word...

The ending to the Connor story was really weak too. The two guys you've been chasing after the whole game and those were the final confrontations? Throw Haytham against 3 barrels and chase Lee for a minute and you've killed them both? Garbage.

Anyway...sitting through the incredibly pretentious and annoyingly over-the-top ending now so I can get back to side missions.

Strange game. Probably a 7/10 at best.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:00 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Never played an AC game before but I got this for Xmas so I've been playing it for the last couple of weeks. It took me a long, long time (Sequence 10 or so) to really get into it. I think I liked doing the side missions more than the main mission itself. Anyway I'm at the end now...

Spoil:
And the ending to the Desmond story line may be the worst to a game that I can remember. Jumping through those ruins with little indication where you're supposed to go next? Maybe I'm an idiot but it took me like an hour. Completely anti-climatic and made me just wish the game was over. Total momentum killer. And if I have to listen to that ***** in the white dress utter one more stupid word...

The ending to the Connor story was really weak too. The two guys you've been chasing after the whole game and those were the final confrontations? Throw Haytham against 3 barrels and chase Lee for a minute and you've killed them both? Garbage.

Anyway...sitting through the incredibly pretentious and annoyingly over-the-top ending now so I can get back to side missions.

Strange game. Probably a 7/10 at best.
I would get ACII and Brotherhood (wasn't a fan of Revelations). Ezio is a much more engaging/enjoyable protagonist than Conner, and the Desmond stuff is a little easier to digest. Of course you'd be going into it with one of the bigger Desmond twists (the way Lucy's storyline plays out) already spoiled, but still. I also had more fun exploring renaissance Italy than colonial America.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I would get ACII and Brotherhood (wasn't a fan of Revelations). Ezio is a much more engaging/enjoyable protagonist than Conner, and the Desmond stuff is a little easier to digest. Of course you'd be going into it with one of the bigger Desmond twists (the way Lucy's storyline plays out) already spoiled, but still. I also had more fun exploring renaissance Italy than colonial America.
AC2 was a truly great game.

The story was told the right way, the characters were properly introduced and the out-of-Animus stuff was developing at a rate where it was interesting (as opposed to annoying and basically something you really couldn't wait to get out of in AC:Revelations and AC3).

Plus, the game still let you stab people.
As opposed to AC3.

Last edited by Corto: 01-22-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
It took me no time at all to hop into the top 10% worldwide for kills. I do sort of destroy everything I see.

01-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Finally finished it.

Spoil:
Yeah. The ending is disappointing. After doing all the Homestead quests and taking care of the conversations and such, I ended up liking Connor more than I did on the first play through. In the main quest storyline he spends most of the game coming off as arrogant, whiny, and dependent on others. The Homestead stuff showed a different aspect.

I don't like how you finished Lee or Haytham either. Overall, I thought the game had the potential to be great and just fell short because of sketchy storytelling and gameplay choices at the wrong times. There wasn't anything as laughable bad as the tower defense, but lots of small decisions added up to really hold the game back. If they plan on having expansions, killing both Haytham and Lee was unwise. I thought those were really solid villains; hell, Haytham was pretty damned likable overall. They might have Darth Mauled themselves by killing him.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Anyone here play AC3 online? I haven't even started the single player in revelations or AC3 yet. The multiplayer is where its at for me.

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:38 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Hey guys I plan on renting this game from Red Box and realized that the game has two parts.

Wondering do I need both parts to complete the storyline or is the game in two parts with one disc for campaign and the other for MP? Also I do not want to play MP (multiplayer) at all.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwingsfan View Post
Anyone here play AC3 online? I haven't even started the single player in revelations or AC3 yet. The multiplayer is where its at for me.
In my personal opinion, I thought the AC3 multiplayer was the best yet for the franchise. It was very well done and fluid, the new styles worked well and the advancement system was solid. You can tell they put a fair amount of time and resources into it.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:42 PM
The Viper
Legolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Hey guys I plan on renting this game from Red Box and realized that the game has two parts.

Wondering do I need both parts to complete the storyline or is the game in two parts with one disc for campaign and the other for MP? Also I do not want to play MP (multiplayer) at all.
1st disc is the game and the 2nd disc is Multiplayer

Old
05-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Just finished Seq 3 and I did not see that twist coming

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 10:11 PM