HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ballard, Robidas, Hamonic to Colorado

Old
01-21-2013, 01:38 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
I guess as a Canucks fan I might have made the deal a little sweeter for the Canucks, so how about that 4th rounder for the Avs gets turned into a 2nd rounder?! Now the trade looks pretty even...

to col: Ballard, Ebbett, 2nd round pick

to VAN: Landasbog, Paranteau, 1st round pick
Please stop making proposals with little thought towards the other team.

Landeskog was just named captain, and Parenteau was just signed as a free agent. Neither are going to be traded anytime soon, regardless of the atrocious value offered.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Curious to what Nucks fans want for Ballard? He isn't offensively gifted, but we need him for a defensive role and decent skating.

Avs have ton of depth defensemen, so one of them would probably go back.

Also Canucks would have to keep 1.4 to 1.6 million of his salary as well.
Make an offer, before this turns into another hilarious overshot value thread. At present, he's contributing and not looking bad at all, but if we get fair value, we're probably ok moving him. I'd be, ideally, looking to package him up for a top six forward to play with Kesler/Booth when they are back in game shape.

We currently have 9 defenders (Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, Garrison, Ballard, Tanev, Alberts, Barker and Vandemeer) on our roster...we need no depth defender coming back at present unless they edge out the last three by a pretty significant margin.

Actual salary, I'd be more then happy to retain if it raised the asking price. Cap space however we can't afford, especially for a player we aren't using.

You've heard our unrealistic requests, what were you thinkin', OP?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:41 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Ballard has been steadily improving in all aspects of his game. Top 2 on a lot of teams, top 4 on Canucks, and would be a great addition to an optimistic Avalanche team...

to col: Ballard, Ebbett, 4th round pick

Terrible for the Canucks. Ebbett is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of player.

Dont think I need the sarcasm emblem

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:42 AM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
I guess as a Canucks fan I might have made the deal a little sweeter for the Canucks, so how about that 4th rounder for the Avs gets turned into a 2nd rounder?! Now the trade looks pretty even...

to col: Ballard, Ebbett, 2nd round pick

A little? I'd say a **** ton in your favour. Just because you bumped a couple of rounds of draft picks doesn't make your offer any better. In fact, it's still ****.

Landeskog >>>> Ebbett
(can't really judge Parenteau since I haven't seen him play as an Av, but he's done pretty well as an Islander and is easily more favoured to perform better than Ballard would)
1st round pick > 2nd round pick

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:45 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Think someone is missing the sarcasm...

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post

A little? I'd say a **** ton in your favour. Just because you bumped a couple of rounds of draft picks doesn't make your offer any better. In fact, it's still ****.

Landeskog >>>> Ebbett
(can't really judge Parenteau since I haven't seen him play as an Av, but he's done pretty well as an Islander and is easily more favoured to perform better than Ballard would)
Everyone knows Parenteau's career has been heading downhill for years now. He might bolster the Canucks' 4th line. And Ballard's feisty top 2 minutes on Colorado PLUS Ebbett's know-how skills easily are comparable to losing Landesbog.

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:01 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Please stop making proposals with little thought towards the other team.

Landeskog was just named captain, and Parenteau was just signed as a free agent. Neither are going to be traded anytime soon, regardless of the atrocious value offered.
How can you not tell that it was a sarcastic proposal?

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Yossarian54

In all honesty we will probably have to trade him for not much/waive him (I am in agreeance with the opinion that he would not be bought out as he would not pass waivers) due to cap issues at the end of the year.

We'd probably need a D back as he's actually fulfilling a useful role for us at the moment, the only issue being the fact that we have 4 other D-men being paid more.

So in light of all that:

Ballard

for

Cameron Gaunce

Would be willing to throw in 3rd/4th depending on how high Avs fans are on Gaunce.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:51 AM
skip2mybordeleau
We're not that good!

vCash: 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
In all honesty we will probably have to trade him for not much/waive him (I am in agreeance with the opinion that he would not be bought out as he would not pass waivers) due to cap issues at the end of the year.

We'd probably need a D back as he's actually fulfilling a useful role for us at the moment, the only issue being the fact that we have 4 other D-men being paid more.

So in light of all that:

Ballard

for

Cameron Gaunce

Would be willing to throw in 3rd/4th depending on how high Avs fans are on Gaunce.
i'd be down for that. i'm also not as high on gaunce as other avs fans.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Nash

I don't think Ballard is going to fetch second line talent, but maybe a gritty third liner could be a benefit. If we are going to do that, why not include one of our depth forwards for a bottom pairing D to come back as well. That way both teams maintain roster size. I'd be happy with a Ballard & Ebbett trade for Downie & Barrie.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:26 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
I don't think Ballard is going to fetch second line talent, but maybe a gritty third liner could be a benefit. If we are going to do that, why not include one of our depth forwards for a bottom pairing D to come back as well. That way both teams maintain roster size. I'd be happy with a Ballard & Ebbett trade for Downie & Barrie.
That would be quite the steal for us.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:40 AM
Yossarian54

Quote:
No way do I do that if i'm Colorado.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:44 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Not even close from Colorado.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Absolutely terrible.

Damn do Nucks fans ever overvalue their players, on par with Leafs fans it looks like.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Shocker.

So since Downie was essentially traded for a 1st round pick, which of Ballard or Ebbett has that kind of value? Is it superstar "I can't stick on one team for more than a half season" Ebbett or "holy crap I have a horrible contract for what I bring to the table" Ballard? Just curious. Also, to add one of our best d-man prospects as well 'to balance things out' is ridiculous.

Avs have ZERO interest in either player. Ebbett because he's not much of an upgrade over what we have and Ballard because he would become our highest paid d-man on our roster.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

Quote:
Your offer is bad and you should feel bad. You're terribly overrating Ballard considering the Canucks usually run Hamhuis - Bieksa and Edler - Garrison (IIRC), therefore Ballard hasn't even seen much top-4 time and is regularly playing as bottom pairing d-man. And you have the audacity to say he would be "a great addition to an optimistic Avalanche team?" (especially when you're trading garbage for Avalanche's Calder winner Captain and a decent forward?)

Quote:

Landeskog >>>> Ebbett

incidentally landasbog >>>> landeskog

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't think Ballard is going to fetch second line talent, but maybe a gritty third liner could be a benefit. If we are going to do that, why not include one of our depth forwards for a bottom pairing D to come back as well. That way both teams maintain roster size. I'd be happy with a Ballard & Ebbett trade for Downie &
Barrie.
So you want Downie and our best D prospect? Yes, I'm sure you would be happy with that. You can keep your overpaid defensman. No one will give you a return even close to that.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

seriously though, anyone have a scouting report on ryan o'byrne? i remember from watching him a few times last year that he looked like an excellent shot blocker and really solid defensive guy. i mean, shades of scuderi.

but did i just catch o'byrne at his very best and/or the canucks at their shin-pad-shooting-at-on-the-PP-iest?

if o'byrne is close to as solid as i think he is, which ideally is what ballard brings (shot blocking, hits, battle) except without the skating ability but also without the crazy blind bieksa passes, would avs fans be willing to make that trade?

local boy too, and obviously a much more palatable contract for a third pair guy. RH shot and as big as alberts.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Babs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Ballard is a bad player with a terrible contract. No thanks.

It's funny so many Canuck fans bash him on their board and say he shouldn't be in the line up and then come here and ask for Ryan O'Reilly in return.
Haha agreed, he isn't worth near ROR, and he's more offensive the defensive. He might help the Avs a little since their D is atrocious but let's be real, his contract sucks and he's just plain bad. At most he's worth a 3rd.

Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 0
Most likely Vancouver would want O'Brien back but a straight O'Brien for Ballard swap could work. Vancouver would save $2.2M/year for the next two and a half season and get a third pairing guy back.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
seriously though, anyone have a scouting report on ryan o'byrne? i remember from watching him a few times last year that he looked like an excellent shot blocker and really solid defensive guy. i mean, shades of scuderi.

but did i just catch o'byrne at his very best and/or the canucks at their shin-pad-shooting-at-on-the-PP-iest?

if o'byrne is close to as solid as i think he is, which ideally is what ballard brings (shot blocking, hits, battle) except without the skating ability but also without the crazy blind bieksa passes, would avs fans be willing to make that trade?

local boy too, and obviously a much more palatable contract for a third pair guy. RH shot and as big as alberts.
No, he is pretty much always like that. He is incredibly underrated around here. Trading him for Ballard does not really help us IMO. Would rather not trade him.

And Freudian, I don't think anyone wants O'Brien

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Babs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Most likely Vancouver would want O'Brien back but a straight O'Brien for Ballard swap could work. Vancouver would save $2.2M/year for the next two and a half season and get a third pairing guy back.
Been down that road and couldn't wait to ship him out.

Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Lonewolfe2015

I'd rather shop elsewhere, ex-Avs burn us wayyyy too frequently to send someone inter-division.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:25 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'd rather shop elsewhere, ex-Avs burn us wayyyy too frequently to send someone inter-division.
With the divisions likely changing next year, it is possible (however unlikely) that Vancouver won't be in the same division as the Avs. Of course, I'm expecting the Pacific and Mountain time zone teams to be an 8 team division (assuming a return to 4 divisions), so it's still a no for me.

As for Ballard, I wouldn't give up any roster players for him. He's a mid-round pick at best, maybe as high as a 2nd if Vancouver keeps some salary.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Diamonddog01

Just out of curiosity - what would Avs fans want for the rights to ROR from Vancouver?

Extremely unlikely I know, and we may not have the pieces to get it done. Keep in mind that a holdout RFA's rights are worth less than the signed player....

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote