HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Duclair and Erne suspended by the Quebec Remparts

Old
01-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Small Brain Presence

vCash: 500
God forbid that anyone would "think about their little person first." Clearly Martin Lefebvre is biased towards midgets and should be punished accordingly by Roy.

Small Brain Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:07 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Brain Presence View Post
God forbid that anyone would "think about their little person first." Clearly Martin Lefebvre is biased towards midgets and should be punished accordingly by Roy.
The 5 seasons veteran captain should clearly be punished.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:25 PM
hockey365

I was at the game, when I saw them in the warm up, I thought maybe they'll be in the stands afterwards, but Duclair started the game.......

I don't understand all this hoop-la and then a change of heart.... Why have gone to the media and expose something that could of been salvaged within the locker room???

Anyway, both played well..... The entire team played well, compared to Friday.

hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:45 PM
UvBnDatsyuked

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
I was at the game, when I saw them in the warm up, I thought maybe they'll be in the stands afterwards, but Duclair started the game.......

I don't understand all this hoop-la and then a change of heart.... Why have gone to the media and expose something that could of been salvaged within the locker room???

Anyway, both played well..... The entire team played well, compared to Friday.
Kind of strange but oh well. Wonder why they announced it if there was even a chance of a change of heart. (And Duclair starts to boot LOL)

UvBnDatsyuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:38 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

From what I understand, both talked to their teammates this morning. It was the right thing to do I think. I was afraid they would just sulk.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:43 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I think you misunderstood the context of his post. Was not meant to be serious.

WasTeD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:50 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
I think you misunderstood the context of his post. Was not meant to be serious.
Oh sorry.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:10 AM
puckfan13

It's a motivational tactics to light a fire under these guys and get them refocused - why are people making such a big deal about this? Roy is known to be fiery and try a few different things.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
UvBnDatsyuked

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
It's a motivational tactics to light a fire under these guys and get them refocused - why are people making such a big deal about this? Roy is known to be fiery and try a few different things.
I don't think many are complaining about it being done. Just questioning the back tracking and then subsequent start for Duclair.

There are parenting books that talk about threats with no follow through. You don't even need a high level coaches background to realize this. $20 and an Amazon account will teach you this.

I'm never surpised by a suspension and believe that it should be done more often to prove points. I'm just surprised that the team management would allow themselves to appear to be push overs. Not only did team "leadership" dictate the suspension but then on top of that, there was a change of heart by the same group. I would find it hard to be the head coach or GM and listen to that. I would say "you guys made your decision, stick to it or we are all going to look like an f-in Jr. B Team"

At least don't make the thing public and then change your mind.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by UvBnDatsyuked View Post
I don't think many are complaining about it being done. Just questioning the back tracking and then subsequent start for Duclair.

There are parenting books that talk about threats with no follow through. You don't even need a high level coaches background to realize this. $20 and an Amazon account will teach you this.

I'm never surpised by a suspension and believe that it should be done more often to prove points. I'm just surprised that the team management would allow themselves to appear to be push overs. Not only did team "leadership" dictate the suspension but then on top of that, there was a change of heart by the same group. I would find it hard to be the head coach or GM and listen to that. I would say "you guys made your decision, stick to it or we are all going to look like an f-in Jr. B Team"

I agree with you, but after seeing the game yesteday, they couldn't of won without these 2.

The team isn't good this year...... They have heart and try their best, but in terms of talent..... Not there.

hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:22 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UvBnDatsyuked View Post

Haha I don't think Roy resorts to parenting books or conventional methods most times to motivate players. If he thinks what he said lit a fire under their ass and they responded well to it, then maybe he is rewarding them for their positive response. Roy might be putting the onus on them to carry through the privilege of being able to play into leadership and team-first attitude going forward in this crucial stretch.

There's no set method of doing things when motivating 17-year-old kids to do things.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:58 AM
The Folignorant One
Subby Dubby Doooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Fwoosh, right over your head.

The Folignorant One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:20 AM
UvBnDatsyuked

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Haha I don't think Roy resorts to parenting books or conventional methods most times to motivate players. If he thinks what he said lit a fire under their ass and they responded well to it, then maybe he is rewarding them for their positive response. Roy might be putting the onus on them to carry through the privilege of being able to play into leadership and team-first attitude going forward in this crucial stretch.

There's no set method of doing things when motivating 17-year-old kids to do things.
I agree Roy isn't following any guidelines and was joking that a parenting book should be used. I was more pointing towards looking like an idiot with the story behind who was deciding the discipline, announcing the decision to the public and the reason, and then changing their mind. It is like a woman announcing to her family that her husband cheated and was abusive and then is shocked when her family thinks she is a moron when they get back together.

John Wooden had a pretty good set in stone method of teaching and coaching. No one can be as great as he was as a coach but I'm sure somewhere in his Pyrimid of Success there is something that touches on this.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
If you get your desired results, why would you care if you look like an idiot to the outside world?

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukan View Post
Fwoosh, right over your head.
English not being my first language, a post like that sometimes get misunderstood.