HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Bishop to Flyers

Old
01-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Ben Bishop to Flyers

Just wondering what thoughts are on both sides for this? Value? The Sens would want a return on their original investment of a 2nd rounder (or equivalent), if not higher.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:44 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Ehh, No thanks. Not interested personally. Maybe I'd do a 3rd.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Ehh, No thanks. Not interested personally. Maybe I'd do a 3rd.
I'm just curious as to why Philly wouldn't be interested. I won't object, but I'd be concerned for the short-term future of the Flyers in the goaltending position.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:56 AM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I'm just curious as to why Philly wouldn't be interested. I won't object, but I'd be concerned for the short-term future of the Flyers in the goaltending position.
Boxscores are misleading. Bryzgalov has been our best player bar none these first two games.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:59 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Albeit its only been 2 games, Bryz has looked alright this season. Don't see the need to invest in a high price, asset wise, back-up. A serviceable backup is all we need, no reason to spend a 2nd or higher on that, when we could get a free one. Plus, you have Anderson and Regin, you will have to re-sign Bishop after this season as he is an RFA. Correct me if I'm wrong if you send him to the A, he would be subject to waivers. We could get him then and give up nothing cause we're not in the market for a back-up this year with Leighton and Boucher on our team, both UFAs in themselves after this season. Long story short we're fine in short-term, long term TBD.

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

I wasn't really thinking about Bryzgalov not being a suitable #1 goalie, but after watching both yesterday and today's games I don't think it would hurt to have a quality back up. Personally don't trust Leighton haha...

Old
01-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Albeit its only been 2 games, Bryz has looked alright this season. Don't see the need to invest in a high price, asset wise, back-up. A serviceable backup is all we need, no reason to spend a 2nd or higher on that, when we could get a free one. Plus, you have Anderson and Regin, you will have to re-sign Bishop after this season as he is an RFA. Correct me if I'm wrong if you send him to the A, he would be subject to waivers. We could get him then and give up nothing cause we're not in the market for a back-up this year with Leighton and Boucher on our team, both UFAs in themselves after this season. Long story short we're fine in short-term, long term TBD.
Regin's struggled as a goalie though, hasn't made a save in his career yet...

Old
01-21-2013, 01:14 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:

Good one meant to say Lehner. Makes a big difference. Sorry, late here. I just don't see the Flyers pulling the trigger on Bishop we have bigger needs at the moment (PMD and something who knows how to kill a penalty).

Old
01-21-2013, 06:52 AM
thelos
Bunk

I would definitely prefer Bishop to Leighton.....

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:06 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
I would definitely prefer Bishop to Leighton.....
And I would definitely prefer Leighton +2nd to Bishop...

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:24 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
And I would definitely prefer Leighton +2nd to Bishop...
The plot thickens, HFboards worthy poll question. Who would you rather have as a backup Sergei Bobrovsky or Ben Bishop? Makes zero sense to trade Bob, re-sign Leighton, re-acquire Boucher then trade for Bishop at the start of the season, what chaos.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:42 AM
TSA0402

I would think Flyers upper brass would think long and hard about using the amnesty buyout clause on Bryzgalov if he doesn't start playing closer to his contract soon. Then, Bishop for the 2nd maybe plus something small is pretty good. Oilers are a better fit though.

Unless Bryz gets injured or the buyout happens, I don't see Philly giving up the assets needed for Bishop. As previously stated, they traded Bobrovsky because they wanted to tell Bryz he is their goalie.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Oshie97

I'm surprised Flyers fans are saying they are ok with Bryzgalov, I thought he looked bad in that third against Buffalo. Not sure why Ott is so eager to trade Big Ben, I would hold onto him if possible.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:00 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
I'm surprised Flyers fans are saying they are ok with Bryzgalov, I thought he looked bad in that third against Buffalo. Not sure why Ott is so eager to trade Big Ben, I would hold onto him if possible.
Nothing personal against Bishop, but Lehner is our future in nets and is ready to start his NHL career. Bishop may stay for the rest of the season, but the future in nets is Lehner, so may as well try and get some value for Bishop.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

When did Bishop become such a high priced goalie? He hasn't done anything in the NHL yet, only serving a few games last season when Anderson was injured. I don't see him as anything more then a minor piece in a big trade, kind of like Ramo in the Cammalleri trade last season.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:18 AM
dan1el

I don't wanna move Bishop, he has much more value serving Anderson as backup then he does in a trade at this point, while Lehner gets one more year of carrying the BSens. Lehner's on a two-way contract, no sense in rushing things. If Bishop proves himself as pretty capable in goal this year, either he has much more value by the year's end, or we decide to go with Bishop and Lehner and we trade Anderson for a more significant piece. Let's not run Bishop out just yet.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:34 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
When did Bishop become such a high priced goalie? He hasn't done anything in the NHL yet, only serving a few games last season when Anderson was injured. I don't see him as anything more then a minor piece in a big trade, kind of like Ramo in the Cammalleri trade last season.
I'm curious why you would think that a guy who was moved for a 2nd round pick less than a calendar year ago, then played admirably after the deal, would see his stock go down.

Not trolling, or trying to be condescending. I'm just wondering your reasoning behind that sentiment.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Excuse me. Since 2009/10 Regin has 50 blocked shots.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Supply and demand.

Bishop is a proven AHL goalie and many GM's feel he is ready for the next step. Perfect for starting as a back up. There are a few teams in need of a quality back right now.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'm curious why you would think that a guy who was moved for a 2nd round pick less than a calendar year ago, then played admirably after the deal, would see his stock go down.

Not trolling, or trying to be condescending. I'm just wondering your reasoning behind that sentiment.
He played decently. Not enough to show that he's a starter. His stock may not go down, however it certainly does not go up. Back-ups are nice to have, however Bishop was brought in to compete for the no. 1 job. If a team is acquiring him to be a back-up they aren't going to pay too much. He has less value then Bobrovsky or Lindback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Supply and demand.

Bishop is a proven AHL goalie and many GM's feel he is ready for the next step. Perfect for starting as a back up. There are a few teams in need of a quality back right now.
Don't you need to send a goalie down to the minors? Bishop is waiver eligible, not sure about Lehner. No way Lehner would be sent if he is waiver eligible. If Bishop gets puts on waivers then I see other GM's picking him up then for nothing. I don't see many GM's overly anxious to pick him up unless their starter gets injured and they have no one left. Bishop or Anderson has to be gone at some point to make room for Lehner.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:29 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
I wasn't really thinking about Bryzgalov not being a suitable #1 goalie, but after watching both yesterday and today's games I don't think it would hurt to have a quality back up. Personally don't trust Leighton haha...
I don't trust Leighton either, but if the difference between the Flyers being successful and not successful is Leighton, we're already f***ed.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:31 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

meh, I'm fine with Leighton as the back-up during a shortened season. He'll be gone at the end of the year and we can replace him then

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Don't you need to send a goalie down to the minors? Bishop is waiver eligible, not sure about Lehner. No way Lehner would be sent if he is waiver eligible. If Bishop gets puts on waivers then I see other GM's picking him up then for nothing. I don't see many GM's overly anxious to pick him up unless their starter gets injured and they have no one left. Bishop or Anderson has to be gone at some point to make room for Lehner.
We kept three goalies last year after Anderson returned.

Anderson/Auld/Bishop

We can afford Bishops prorated contract of 650k and Lehner's 870k and have one sit in the press box. Heck, we can afford to buy them Nachos too. But not beer, Ottawa is giving out free beer as it is and Eugene isn't made of money.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
I don't wanna move Bishop, he has much more value serving Anderson as backup then he does in a trade at this point, while Lehner gets one more year of carrying the BSens. Lehner's on a two-way contract, no sense in rushing things. If Bishop proves himself as pretty capable in goal this year, either he has much more value by the year's end, or we decide to go with Bishop and Lehner and we trade Anderson for a more significant piece. Let's not run Bishop out just yet.
Exactly what I was thinking, Bishop has good potential, just needs a chance to get some exp. I wish the Blues could have kept him but with Halak and Elliott playing so good he would of been in the AHL for at least a couple more yrs.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote