Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets @ Bruins | Mon Jan 21| 12 Noon | TD Garden | Game 2 | "Zapping the Bear"

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Resurrection

vCash: 500
Amazing GDT! I'm gonna be At work but cheering my ass off for the boys!

I think Olli and Kane establish good chemistry and bury some chances today. GO JETS!

Old
01-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Beavski24

The Sens game was such a dissapointment, Just please someone get the scoring going im tired of no offence and the clitsome postma pairing is scaring the **** out of me for todays game.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:44 AM
kurpitsa

vCash: 571
Jets win 4-2
Awesome starting time for scandinavien fans.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Pavlovian Response

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Amazing GDT! I'm gonna be At work but cheering my ass off for the boys!

I think Olli and Kane establish good chemistry and bury some chances today. GO JETS!
Thanks for the inspiration for the GDT! Love your avatar.

Agree - would love to see them get something going. I'd really like Noel to give Scheif a chance on the RW on that line. His nose for the net might help that line.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:56 AM
RonJon

vCash: 801
Zapping the bear is better than poking the bear but if we must poke em lets get them in the eye. Great GDT, were in tough but as they say... Thats why we play the game. Go Jets Go

Old
01-21-2013, 08:59 AM
videofarmer
thirsty

1 pm start time makes it hard for me to catch this one. I guess it'll be highlights and reading thru the completed GDT for me this time. I still had to get a comment in though. Go! Jets! Go!

Old
01-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Awesome GDT as usual YYGinYYZ.

Hopeing for the W, but just hope the Jets can improve on last game and start getting in synch.

Before Bogo comes back I think mgmt needs to take a serious look at Redmond. The guys played 2 pro seasons and put up 2 all-star awards. He's 24, so he's not some 18 or 19 year old that needs to be handled with kid gloves. If I was Redmond, I would wonder how many all-star seasons I would have to put up to get a shot, especially looking at the shape of the Jets D.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 163
Fantastic GDT as always!

We will be up! And we will be at them!

I have this one on record so I'll be watching it this evening. Which also means i'll be staying away from this place this afternoon.

Hope we bounce back here. Boston will give us a big run for our money, and I hope we're up for the physical challenge that guys like Lucic, Thornton, Campbell, Marchand, Paille, Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Boychuk, Ference, etc. will give us.

Chances are we roll the same line-up as we did Saturday (understandable), and I like Wellwood as a guy who can slide up and down the line-up and provide versatility, but for this one in order to move Scheifele up the depth chart, I'd personally do something like the following in order to get Mark icetime and insert Peluso. If Peluso can do as advertised and play the game, this is a game I am sure we could use his spark, energy and physical elements. Essentially everything he's been touted for.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Jokinen - Scheifele
Ponikarovsky - Burmistrov - Antropov
Thorburn - Slater - Peluso

Old
01-21-2013, 09:27 AM
puck stoppa

I like the lineup you have Guerzy, I hope they go with that as it would give them more insight on Schief and Peluso. And not to mention give our team the best chance to win.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:35 AM
pcanuck

We need a strong effort and performance from our club today.

Go Jets Go!

Old
01-21-2013, 09:35 AM
kurpitsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Fantastic GDT as always!

We will be up! And we will be at them!

I have this one on record so I'll be watching it this evening. Which also means i'll be staying away from this place this afternoon.

Hope we bounce back here. Boston will give us a big run for our money, and I hope we're up for the physical challenge that guys like Lucic, Thornton, Campbell, Marchand, Paille, Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Boychuk, Ference, etc. will give us.

Chances are we roll the same line-up as we did Saturday (understandable), and I like Wellwood as a guy who can slide up and down the line-up and provide versatility, but for this one in order to move Scheifele up the depth chart, I'd personally do something like the following in order to get Mark icetime and insert Peluso. If Peluso can do as advertised and play the game, this is a game I am sure we could use his spark, energy and physical elements. Essentially everything he's been touted for.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Jokinen - Scheifele
Ponikarovsky - Burmistrov - Antropov
Thorburn - Slater - Peluso
Moving scheifele up to second line wont work and you are seriously removing wellwood from the lineup?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
pcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Awesome GDT as usual YYGinYYZ.

Hopeing for the W, but just hope the Jets can improve on last game and start getting in synch.

Before Bogo comes back I think mgmt needs to take a serious look at Redmond. The guys played 2 pro seasons and put up 2 all-star awards. He's 24, so he's not some 18 or 19 year old that needs to be handled with kid gloves. If I was Redmond, I would wonder how many all-star seasons I would have to put up to get a shot, especially looking at the shape of the Jets D.
completely agree - I'd like to see what Redmond can do too.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Jets win 6-1.
Ron Hainsey scores 6 goals.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurpitsa View Post
Moving scheifele up to second line wont work and you are seriously removing wellwood from the lineup?
If you have something else in mind, we're all ears.

01-21-2013, 09:44 AM
cutchemist42

I don't get it, there's 22 other American teams, did you really need to make them play a Canadian team on an American holiday?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Why won't it work? Nobody knows this until we try.

And yes, against a good sized and physical Boston team, I would consider removing Wellwood from the line-up. It gives Scheifele a spot, in which he played rather well Saturday in comparison to the rest of our forwards. And for reasons I stated, I'd insert Peluso.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
kurpitsa

Quote:
Why won't it work? Nobody knows this until we try.

And yes, against a good sized and physical Boston team, I would consider removing Wellwood from the line-up. It gives Scheifele a spot, in which he played rather well Saturday in comparison to the rest of our forwards. And for reasons I stated, I'd insert Peluso.
Well.. I wouldnt put scheifele on the second line against Bruins.. due to the fact that he isnīt good sized either. Maybe I would give him a chance against Islanders on next home game.
Although I do agree that Noel should give Peluso a chance.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well.. I wouldnt put scheifele on the second line against Bruins.. due to the fact that he isnīt good sized either. Maybe I would give him a chance against Islanders on next home game.
Although I do agree that Noel should give Peluso a chance.
If that's the case then send the kid back now. I'd hate to see us shelter him to that extent. We can look out for him to a certain point, but we cannot baby him. To not play him in a certain role against the Bruins but to then allow him to play that role vs. the Islanders is silly, in my opinion. Either he can play in this league or he can't. Time is ticking to find out. If he is going to be here and take up ice-time, he needs to play against all and any teams, and he needs to play with decent players in my opinion, not Slater and Thorburn.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
I don't get it, there's 22 other American teams, did you really need to make them play a Canadian team on an American holiday?
In a perfect world, yes. I'm giving the NHL the benefit of the doubt on this one, having to put together a very busy schedule on short notice using mainly existing schedule dates. The Leafs were originally scheduled to play the Bruins this aft. Ironically, the Jets originally had 2 afternoon games on workdays in Canada (today and day after US thanksgiving). So actually the league probably doesn't give a rats' behind about the visitors fans.

Jets played the Bruins tough last year. Jets jump out to 2-0 and 4-1 leads and hang on for dear life and a 4-3 win. Kane, Buff, Thor and Joker with the markers.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
If that's the case then send the kid back now. I'd hate to see us shelter him to that extent. We can look out for him to a certain point, but we cannot baby him. To not play him in a certain role against the Bruins but to then allow him to play that role vs. the Islanders is silly, in my opinion. Either he can play in this league or he can't. Time is ticking to find out. If he is going to be here and take up ice-time, he needs to play against all and any teams, and he needs to play with decent players in my opinion, not Slater and Thorburn.
Agree with this. Sink or swim time. Lets see how he handles a physical team.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

As a back handed turn of fate, my oldest boy has decided to wake up with a bad cough and a fever today.

So I have to leave work at lunch to go home and hang out with him.

So while he sleeps this afternoon, I may be able to turn the game on a bit.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Photoshop a moving Pizza into this picture, and it becomes hilarious.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:13 AM
kurpitsa

Quote:
Well I guess u have a point there. Personally I just want to see Wellwood on the second line today, but tbh think Scheifele played pretty well against sens. Letīs just see what Noel decides after few matches

Old
01-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well I guess u have a point there. Personally I just want to see Wellwood on the second line today, but tbh think Scheifele played pretty well against sens. Letīs just see what Noel decides after few matches
And I think you are likely right, I think we still see Wellwood on that 2nd line with Kane and Jokinen. That is a line in which Noel was set on so in all fairness they will likely get more than 1 game to form chemistry and see what they can do.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully we hear about the line-up soon and don't have to wait until game time.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:21 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 661
Quote:
I agree. Give Scheifele a real shot to show he is ready. That way there are no regrets, he either earns his way or back down he goes.

Closed Thread