HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
That is correct, you show the ticket and say please apply the season ticket holder discount.

The x-factor is no hard copy tickets for the first 6 home games.
Ah good point although my tickets have my account #.. Other x-factor is the Den being under new management, which could mean a new way of doing discounts, but probably not

Old
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Ah good point although my tickets have my account #.. Other x-factor is the Den being under new management, which could mean a new way of doing discounts, but probably not
I definately have some shopping to do at the Devils Den Tuesday night.

My wife needs a new shirt since her Parise one is now used as a dust rag.

I think the 20% off will only be at the main store next to the box office, but if it's also given at the various kiosks on the main concourse and upper concourse I will let everyone know late Tues night or Wed morning.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
Peekskill, New York.
Ok, I don't remember meeting any Devils fans from Peekskill.

I have met a few from Poughkeepsie last season and I used to know a few from the Newburgh area.

I think the majority of NY Devils fans, aside from Manhattan, are in Staten Island, Rockland County and Long Island-with a growing number from Queens from the representation on this forum.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
RHilla619

Thanks for the quick replies fellas, yeah hopefully the ticket I have will get me the discount. If not ill just have another friend buy the jersey for me since he will be there.

Anyone remember roughly what they charged for an adult jersey last year with custom name + number?

Old
01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Scott04

Normally tickets have the account number on it. Don't know if it still lists it with the first few games being the e-tickets (haven't looked at any yet), but if it does list it, you should definitely be fine. Just make note of it because that may be how they confirm it. I think I remember that STH email about the benefits saying "just present your ticket to receive the discount" or something along those lines.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what has changed at the store. Hopefully they have more of a selection in there than before. Was always nice, just never found much of interest to me previously.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:16 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Yeah the e-ticket has the account number in one of the grey boxes.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Anyone else have an issue when accepting tickets that have been forwarded? I sold my pair to a future game on StubHub and when I clicked Accept in the email the page had an error. When I tried clicking again it said the tickets had been printed.. Called the team and they said Friday that they may have to leave tickets at Will Call. Haven't heard anything since, but I need this tickets returned to my account or I lose a pretty big sale. Wtf, why can't they just put it back in my account?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
aero8279

Quote:
Anyone else have an issue when accepting tickets that have been forwarded? I sold my pair to a future game on StubHub and when I clicked Accept in the email the page had an error. When I tried clicking again it said the tickets had been printed.. Called the team and they said Friday that they may have to leave tickets at Will Call. Haven't heard anything since, but I need this tickets returned to my account or I lose a pretty big sale. Wtf, why can't they just put it back in my account?
no issues here with forwarding yet. i've done 2 games with a 3rd being forwarded today. haven't uploaded through stubhub though.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
I had a friend who was having issues accepting tickets I had forwarded to him.

So what I did was cancel that, then print the tickets, saved them as pdfs, then I emailed them to him.

There seems to be a lot of glitches so far this season with TM.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:

So what I did was cancel that, then print the tickets, saved them as pdfs, then I emailed them to him.

How did you cancel it? If I go back to the email and hit Deny it pops up an error. And I don't get why they can't put it back in my account. They don't have full control of their system?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
How did you cancel it? If I go back to the email and hit Deny it pops up an error. And I don't get why they can't put it back in my account. They don't have full control of their system?
On my end in ticket mgmt, I was still able to cancel it.

Your issue may be different, take a look again in ticket mgmt.
if not, call the Devils (not fan experience team) and say you have a technical issue.
Maybe their IT dept can help you?

Hope it works out for you.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:

It doesn't help that all the team TicketExchanges have been combined into an NHL TicketExchange. Why the NHL had to pick this, of all years to centralize the secondary market I have no idea.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:33 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Well no envelope from the Devils today unless ups changed delivery time on me ( doubt it).

Old
01-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

I have a feeling things aren't looking good for the FlashPass happening. This is gonna cost me some $$$.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:28 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I have a feeling things aren't looking good for the FlashPass happening. This is gonna cost me some $$$.
Ya I may have to drive or just go to less games. I am surrpise because good amount of people use them too.

Did you ask recently? I was going to call today but forgot today is a holiday.

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 01-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Ya I may have to drive or just go to less games. I am surrpise because good amount of people use them too.

Did you ask recently? I was going to call today but forgot today is a holiday.
I emailed Eric last week and he said (on Thursday I think) that they were still looking into it. Haven't heard anything since. My round-trip train fair is $20.50, so the FlashPass really helps. I may end up driving I guess, but I'm about 30 miles away, so with gas and parking, I'm pushing $20 anyway, so I don't know. Probably will just go to fewer games.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I emailed Eric last week and he said (on Thursday I think) that they were still looking into it. Haven't heard anything since. My round-trip train fair is $20.50, so the FlashPass really helps. I may end up driving I guess, but I'm about 30 miles away, so with gas and parking, I'm pushing $20 anyway, so I don't know. Probably will just go to fewer games.
Do they collect your ticket on the return trip each time?

I have found that typically NJ Transit is lax on collecting tickets at night.
That could save you a few bucks since tickets do not expire for a year.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:

Highly doubtful .................Only time is during the holiday season

Old
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
indfin

Quote:

Took the train from NY Penn Station back to NJ a couple of days before Christmas. Train was packed ... people standing everywhere, including in the space between cars. From what I could tell, not one person had their ticket collected.

I wonder how much that cost NJ transit?

Old
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Brick City
Ignore me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Took the train from NY Penn Station back to NJ a couple of days before Christmas. Train was packed ... people standing everywhere, including in the space between cars. From what I could tell, not one person had their ticket collected.

Depends on how many passengers purchase single ride tickets vs. monthly passes. When I used to commute to New York Penn from Newark Broad, there would usually be 1-2 free rides a week because the conductor did not get to my car before I got off. I imagine a lot of people ride for free on the standing room only trains; conductors move like molasses on those.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I found NJTRANSIT used to be pretty lax/slow about collecting NYPenn to Newark Penn and vice-versa for a long time, but this seems to have changed considerably in the last few years with more of an effort to collect those tickets and move faster as the train departs.

If I had to guess, I'd say I used to only have my ticket taken 60% of the time, and now it's probably more like 85% of the time.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post

Less than you think. Most people probably bought tickets anyways, and only use NJT once or twice a year... Their operating income is still based on monthly passes...

01-21-2013, 12:36 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Less than you think. Most people probably bought tickets anyways, and only use NJT once or twice a year... Their operating income is still based on monthly passes...
Fair enough, but this was the Sunday before X-mas, so a lot of non-regulars ... not to mention a bunch of folks who rushed to make the train and were going to buy on the train (several near me ... have to figure there were others). A lot of those "non-regulars" might go again and use the unchecked ticket (in my case, my college-age son and a couple of his friends used our as few days later).

Old
01-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Highly doubtful .................Only time is during the holiday season
I am actually talking from experience on the Morris Line from Newark Broad after games.
Of all the times I took the train to games, they collected my ticket about 50% of the time.

If things have changed this year I would not know yet.

With that said, I hope they offer the Flash Pass for you guys, seems to be a win-win for everyone.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
One7nine

Okay, here's a strange one. Devils had to mail me printed tickets for first six games because there is some kind of problem with my online account on ticketmasters side that hasn't been resolved yet. So today UPS comes with the envelope with the tickets but I still haven't received my STH package yet.

Closed Thread