HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
  #551
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
That is correct, you show the ticket and say please apply the season ticket holder discount.

The x-factor is no hard copy tickets for the first 6 home games.
Ah good point although my tickets have my account #.. Other x-factor is the Den being under new management, which could mean a new way of doing discounts, but probably not

Colin226 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
  #552
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 165 Mulberry
Country: United States
Posts: 23,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Ah good point although my tickets have my account #.. Other x-factor is the Den being under new management, which could mean a new way of doing discounts, but probably not
I definately have some shopping to do at the Devils Den Tuesday night.

My wife needs a new shirt since her Parise one is now used as a dust rag.

I think the 20% off will only be at the main store next to the box office, but if it's also given at the various kiosks on the main concourse and upper concourse I will let everyone know late Tues night or Wed morning.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:43 PM
  #553
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 165 Mulberry
Country: United States
Posts: 23,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
Peekskill, New York.
Ok, I don't remember meeting any Devils fans from Peekskill.

I have met a few from Poughkeepsie last season and I used to know a few from the Newburgh area.

I think the majority of NY Devils fans, aside from Manhattan, are in Staten Island, Rockland County and Long Island-with a growing number from Queens from the representation on this forum.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
  #554
RHilla619
Registered User
 
RHilla619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Marlboro
Country: United States
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Thanks for the quick replies fellas, yeah hopefully the ticket I have will get me the discount. If not ill just have another friend buy the jersey for me since he will be there.

Anyone remember roughly what they charged for an adult jersey last year with custom name + number?

RHilla619 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
  #555
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,740
vCash: 500
Normally tickets have the account number on it. Don't know if it still lists it with the first few games being the e-tickets (haven't looked at any yet), but if it does list it, you should definitely be fine. Just make note of it because that may be how they confirm it. I think I remember that STH email about the benefits saying "just present your ticket to receive the discount" or something along those lines.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what has changed at the store. Hopefully they have more of a selection in there than before. Was always nice, just never found much of interest to me previously.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:16 PM
  #556
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,070
vCash: 50
Yeah the e-ticket has the account number in one of the grey boxes.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:15 AM
  #557
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Anyone else have an issue when accepting tickets that have been forwarded? I sold my pair to a future game on StubHub and when I clicked Accept in the email the page had an error. When I tried clicking again it said the tickets had been printed.. Called the team and they said Friday that they may have to leave tickets at Will Call. Haven't heard anything since, but I need this tickets returned to my account or I lose a pretty big sale. Wtf, why can't they just put it back in my account?

Colin226 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
  #558
aero8279
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Anyone else have an issue when accepting tickets that have been forwarded? I sold my pair to a future game on StubHub and when I clicked Accept in the email the page had an error. When I tried clicking again it said the tickets had been printed.. Called the team and they said Friday that they may have to leave tickets at Will Call. Haven't heard anything since, but I need this tickets returned to my account or I lose a pretty big sale. Wtf, why can't they just put it back in my account?
no issues here with forwarding yet. i've done 2 games with a 3rd being forwarded today. haven't uploaded through stubhub though.

aero8279 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:49 AM
  #559
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 165 Mulberry
Country: United States
Posts: 23,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Anyone else have an issue when accepting tickets that have been forwarded? I sold my pair to a future game on StubHub and when I clicked Accept in the email the page had an error. When I tried clicking again it said the tickets had been printed.. Called the team and they said Friday that they may have to leave tickets at Will Call. Haven't heard anything since, but I need this tickets returned to my account or I lose a pretty big sale. Wtf, why can't they just put it back in my account?
I had a friend who was having issues accepting tickets I had forwarded to him.

So what I did was cancel that, then print the tickets, saved them as pdfs, then I emailed them to him.

There seems to be a lot of glitches so far this season with TM.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:57 AM
  #560
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I had a friend who was having issues accepting tickets I had forwarded to him.

So what I did was cancel that, then print the tickets, saved them as pdfs, then I emailed them to him.

There seems to be a lot of glitches so far this season with TM.
How did you cancel it? If I go back to the email and hit Deny it pops up an error. And I don't get why they can't put it back in my account. They don't have full control of their system?

Colin226 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
  #561
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 165 Mulberry
Country: United States
Posts: 23,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
How did you cancel it? If I go back to the email and hit Deny it pops up an error. And I don't get why they can't put it back in my account. They don't have full control of their system?
On my end in ticket mgmt, I was still able to cancel it.

Your issue may be different, take a look again in ticket mgmt.
if not, call the Devils (not fan experience team) and say you have a technical issue.
Maybe their IT dept can help you?

Hope it works out for you.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
  #562
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,070
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I had a friend who was having issues accepting tickets I had forwarded to him.

So what I did was cancel that, then print the tickets, saved them as pdfs, then I emailed them to him.

There seems to be a lot of glitches so far this season with TM.
It doesn't help that all the team TicketExchanges have been combined into an NHL TicketExchange. Why the NHL had to pick this, of all years to centralize the secondary market I have no idea.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:33 AM
  #563
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Well no envelope from the Devils today unless ups changed delivery time on me ( doubt it).

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:22 AM
  #564
Luke3026
When you're burned..
 
Luke3026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raritan, NJ
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
I have a feeling things aren't looking good for the FlashPass happening. This is gonna cost me some $$$.

Luke3026 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:28 AM
  #565
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I have a feeling things aren't looking good for the FlashPass happening. This is gonna cost me some $$$.
Ya I may have to drive or just go to less games. I am surrpise because good amount of people use them too.

Did you ask recently? I was going to call today but forgot today is a holiday.


Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 01-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.
BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:42 AM
  #566
Luke3026
When you're burned..
 
Luke3026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raritan, NJ
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Ya I may have to drive or just go to less games. I am surrpise because good amount of people use them too.

Did you ask recently? I was going to call today but forgot today is a holiday.
I emailed Eric last week and he said (on Thursday I think) that they were still looking into it. Haven't heard anything since. My round-trip train fair is $20.50, so the FlashPass really helps. I may end up driving I guess, but I'm about 30 miles away, so with gas and parking, I'm pushing $20 anyway, so I don't know. Probably will just go to fewer games.

Luke3026 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
  #567
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 165 Mulberry
Country: United States
Posts: 23,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I emailed Eric last week and he said (on Thursday I think) that they were still looking into it. Haven't heard anything since. My round-trip train fair is $20.50, so the FlashPass really helps. I may end up driving I guess, but I'm about 30 miles away, so with gas and parking, I'm pushing $20 anyway, so I don't know. Probably will just go to fewer games.
Do they collect your ticket on the return trip each time?

I have found that typically NJ Transit is lax on collecting tickets at night.
That could save you a few bucks since tickets do not expire for a year.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
  #568
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Do they collect your ticket on the return trip each time?

I have found that typically NJ Transit is lax on collecting tickets at night.
That could save you a few bucks since tickets do not expire for a year.
Highly doubtful .................Only time is during the holiday season

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
  #569
indfin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Do they collect your ticket on the return trip each time?

I have found that typically NJ Transit is lax on collecting tickets at night.
That could save you a few bucks since tickets do not expire for a year.
Took the train from NY Penn Station back to NJ a couple of days before Christmas. Train was packed ... people standing everywhere, including in the space between cars. From what I could tell, not one person had their ticket collected.

I wonder how much that cost NJ transit?

indfin is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
  #570
Brick City
Ignore me!
 
Brick City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Took the train from NY Penn Station back to NJ a couple of days before Christmas. Train was packed ... people standing everywhere, including in the space between cars. From what I could tell, not one person had their ticket collected.

I wonder how much that cost NJ transit?
Depends on how many passengers purchase single ride tickets vs. monthly passes. When I used to commute to New York Penn from Newark Broad, there would usually be 1-2 free rides a week because the conductor did not get to my car before I got off. I imagine a lot of people ride for free on the standing room only trains; conductors move like molasses on those.

Brick City is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
  #571
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,536
vCash: 500
I found NJTRANSIT used to be pretty lax/slow about collecting NYPenn to Newark Penn and vice-versa for a long time, but this seems to have changed considerably in the last few years with more of an effort to collect those tickets and move faster as the train departs.

If I had to guess, I'd say I used to only have my ticket taken 60% of the time, and now it's probably more like 85% of the time.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:25 PM
  #572
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Took the train from NY Penn Station back to NJ a couple of days before Christmas. Train was packed ... people standing everywhere, including in the space between cars. From what I could tell, not one person had their ticket collected.

I wonder how much that cost NJ transit?
Less than you think. Most people probably bought tickets anyways, and only use NJT once or twice a year... Their operating income is still based on monthly passes...

__________________
[size="1"]"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:36 PM
  #573
indfin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Less than you think. Most people probably bought tickets anyways, and only use NJT once or twice a year... Their operating income is still based on monthly passes...
Fair enough, but this was the Sunday before X-mas, so a lot of non-regulars ... not to mention a bunch of folks who rushed to make the train and were going to buy on the train (several near me ... have to figure there were others). A lot of those "non-regulars" might go again and use the unchecked ticket (in my case, my college-age son and a couple of his friends used our as few days later).

indfin is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:52 PM
  #574
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 165 Mulberry
Country: United States
Posts: 23,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Highly doubtful .................Only time is during the holiday season
I am actually talking from experience on the Morris Line from Newark Broad after games.
Of all the times I took the train to games, they collected my ticket about 50% of the time.

If things have changed this year I would not know yet.

With that said, I hope they offer the Flash Pass for you guys, seems to be a win-win for everyone.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
  #575
One7nine
Registered User
 
One7nine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Neptune, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,265
vCash: 500
Okay, here's a strange one. Devils had to mail me printed tickets for first six games because there is some kind of problem with my online account on ticketmasters side that hasn't been resolved yet. So today UPS comes with the envelope with the tickets but I still haven't received my STH package yet.

One7nine is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.