HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
jwolf

vCash: 500
I don't get what's happening. Why the **** can't they sign this kid??? What's worse, we're not hearing anything! Who's being unreasonable? Meehan? MB? Does PK want a Crosby contract?

All we've heard from both sides is that "the relationship is good"... "we like each other"... "PK wants to be here and we want him here". Ok. Great! Everyone is in their happy place and looking lovingly into each other's eyes. So why the **** has the season started and our best dman remains unsigned?!?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:38 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Therrien's strategy is to prepare for PK's arrival so the D doesn't have to scramble again once he is sitting again at the top of the depth chart.
Perhaps Therrien's strategy should be to put the proper players in the proper situations so that the Habs can win games.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Trying to back peddle out of your own mess won't help. The other guy trolling me about my education level and watching hannity,(i am a marxist but I would expect hat from someone who doesn't understand the greater good)got thrown on ignore. YOu started with the suggestion that the habs offered 1 million per.
Back peddling? Err...from what?
*sigh* I really thought that if you got some sleep, the haze would lift.
As I and the others have already tried to explain, I did 'not' suggest the habs offered 1 mil per.
Let us try again in a more simpler way.
I said: " For all we know he was offered 2mil for 2 yr"

"For all we know" = We do NOT know but it can be a possibility how ever unlikely.

Thus,

" For all we know he was offered 2mil for 2 yr"
!= (does not equal)
Habs offered 1 mil per.

It's simple common English. Yes, I do understand it is more common to say "For all I know" but it is still common English.
If you still do not understand, well, we tried. We really did. Get some more rest and maybe a 'cuppa' once you get up.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Really enjoy this as a fan of behindthenet: http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...real-canadiens

I disagree with his criticism of Therrien's comment on developing Subban because he can still be much better in certain areas of the game (discipline and shot selection/accuracy). The rest however is spot on.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:03 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
Perhaps Therrien's strategy should be to put the proper players in the proper situations so that the Habs can win games.
Blablabla.

We get it. You like to complain.

Bouillon was a bit in over his head yesterday, but he clearly wasn't THE weak link. He can hold the line until Subban gets signed.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:03 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Dave Stubbs just tweeted that Subban's agent said there is no progress today.

Shortened season and going to be missing another game already is not good.

There is no way other GM's aren't calling about PK, and by now you gotta believe that management is at least open to trading Subban.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Therrien's strategy is to prepare for PK's arrival so the D doesn't have to scramble again once he is sitting again at the top of the depth chart.
I'm not so sure that it is. He's been clear about asking about PK and just focusing on the guys he currently has on the team.
Markov and Emelin was a no brainer. With or without PK, we all knew the two russians were likely going to be paired together. Emelin plays the perfect style to complement Markov, and he needs help with his english. Makes perfect sense. Only question mark is if he can get comfortable on his off side.

That leaves Gorges, Kaberle, Bouillon and Diaz.
Gorges is comfortable on his off wing, so despite us probably being better off with Gorges-Diaz as a 2nd unit, it was likely not going to happen because neither Kaby or Bouillon, at this stage in their careers, should be asked to play on their off wing.
So, means Gorges on 2nd pair, Diaz on 3rd.
Bouillon already played with Gorges, so it made sense.

I don't think this was made in case PK comes back. I wouldn't be surprised to see things change either.

Personally, I would have gone with Gorges-Diaz, and Kaberle-Weber.
We'll see what happens.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:13 AM
PricePkPatch

Thank Kriss E, indeed; I might be wrong

Old
01-21-2013, 10:13 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
No room was left for PK in the team photo: http://goha.bs/Sr4o9w

Old
01-21-2013, 10:27 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Really enjoy this as a fan of behindthenet: http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...real-canadiens

I disagree with his criticism of Therrien's comment on developing Subban because he can still be much better in certain areas of the game (discipline and shot selection/accuracy). The rest however is spot on.
I agree with you. Subban could definitely improve on those.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:38 AM
MrNasty

Some great points by Elliote Friedman on Subban Benn and O'Reilly.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...ned-three.html

Old
01-21-2013, 10:54 AM
capnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Not to belabor the point but Bergevin was hired to turn this franchise around. It will take strategic planning in a Cap World to get all of the pieces in place to create a contender.

With that responsibility for managing the Cap and improving the team, Bergevin cannot be hung with a contract that is not in line with HIS perceived value of a player.

In other words, the Habs were a last place team with Subban on the team. The Canadiens can and will move forward with or without PK Subban and Meehan's version of what he is worth.

If one of those Facebook engineers resigns tomorrow, they will be replaced with someone rather quickly. One software engineer does not make Facebook. Nor does one player make a hockey team.
This.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
ClasslessGuy

I think Bergevin is doing the right thing. Considering that everything we hear is true (contract lenght etc.)

Old
01-21-2013, 10:58 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
No room was left for PK in the team photo: http://goha.bs/Sr4o9w

Sure there is, lying on the ground spooning with Mehan in front of everybody. He will be wearing golden skates. They can photoshop it in later.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Some great points by Elliote Friedman on Subban Benn and O'Reilly.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...ned-three.html
Good read. Where are these whispers about Subban's character coming from and what's been said about him?

Quote:
It is impossible, though, to look at this situation and not recognize that something is seriously wrong between Subban and the Canadiens. No one is attacking Benn's character or O'Reilly's, but there are whispers about Subban's. It could get worse before it gets better, but will teams finally hold the line?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Good read. Where are these whispers about Subban's character coming from and what's been said about him?
2 words: Don Cherry. (from when he first broke in)

I get the feeling he will never shed that reputation no matter what he does people will always assume he is a classless punk.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:03 AM
capnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
I don't get what's happening. Why the **** can't they sign this kid??? What's worse, we're not hearing anything! Who's being unreasonable? Meehan? MB? Does PK want a Crosby contract?

All we've heard from both sides is that "the relationship is good"... "we like each other"... "PK wants to be here and we want him here". Ok. Great! Everyone is in their happy place and looking lovingly into each other's eyes. So why the **** has the season started and our best dman remains unsigned?!?
Because PK and his agent made a decision to try to get more than what the Habs are prepared to offer. And with that decision came the risk of a deal not getting done resulting in PK missing camp, missing the opening game and basically becoming alienated from the group.
He had to know that this was a possibility and was prepared to go through it, just as Bergevin was prepared to start the season without him.

The longer it goes on, the worse it will get for both parties and I can't see the damage being repaired, especially with an emotional coach like Therrien. If they finally sign him, we're in for a long, controversy-filled season that will end with either Therrien being fired or PK demanding a trade.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:07 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnk View Post
Because PK and his agent made a decision to try to get more than what the Habs are prepared to offer. And with that decision came the risk of a deal not getting done resulting in PK missing camp, missing the opening game and basically becoming alienated from the group.
He had to know that this was a possibility and was prepared to go through it, just as Bergevin was prepared to start the season without him.

The longer it goes on, the worse it will get for both parties and I can't see the damage being repaired, especially with an emotional coach like Therrien. If they finally sign him, we're in for a long, controversy-filled season that will end with either Therrien being fired or PK demanding a trade.
Agree with the first part, now the second one is just pure speculation. I think if he does get signed somewhere down the line both parties with breathe a sigh of relief and try to focus on hockey than this sideshow. No matter what Therrien says this issue is still a distraction to the team presently, and will get worse with each loss.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
E = CH²

Quote:

Therrien isn't a young emotional school girl. He can separate the business side from the hockey side.

Also, the bold part is a bit hysterical. No offense but I don't think you have a future in fortune telling.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
capnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Therrien isn't a young emotional school girl. He can separate the business side from the hockey side.

Also, the bold part is a bit hysterical. No offense but I don't think you have a future in fortune telling.
Sorry, should have said that it was a speculation. Of course I can't predict what will happen. Merely speculating here.
But I figured that was clear...

Old
01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
This.
Is a ridiculous opinion. We don't have another Subban to come in and eat up minutes.

The Habs finishing 15th has nothing to do with his skill level, or his on-ice statistics (which are fantastic btw, even on a bottom team)

Old
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I think Bergevin is doing the right thing. Considering that everything we hear is true (contract lenght etc.)
Absolutely, it really sucks but Bergevin needs to stick to his guns and not cave in

Old
01-21-2013, 11:19 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Absolutely, it really sucks but Bergevin needs to stick to his guns and not cave in
And we select Barkov.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post

Quote:
It is impossible, though, to look at this situation and not recognize that something is seriously wrong between Subban and the Canadiens. No one is attacking Benn's character or O'Reilly's, but there are whispers about Subban's. It could get worse before it gets better, but will teams finally hold the line?
This is just wild speculation from Friedman who is perpetuating a myth and nothing more. He doesn't claim he has knowledge of this situation. In fact, it seems apparent he doesn't know anything about it and is just thinking there could be something. And it's always the same thing with these type of rumors concerning Subban. Nothing substantial is ever ever brought up. Only thing I can remember is Subban being messy in the locker room and not picking up some towel he had left on the ground. Yeah.....

In the mean time, Subban keeps showing up in public, tweeting, doing interviews and has yet to insert his foot into his own mouth like his teammates seem to love to do on a regular basis. I find that to be interesting to say the least and I wonder how much of the noise around Subban is really justified.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Anyone else impressed that there seems to be even less rumour leakage from the Bergevin administration than the Gainey/Gauthier one? KGB, indeed.

Closed Thread