HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Kansas City at Philadelphia (Sept. 19, 8:25 p.m. ET; NFLN)

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Lulz.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Good sports day

Flyers
NFL
Tons of hockey

Old
01-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Krishna

san Fran is back.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Krishna

This game reminds me of the Flyers and Pens series

Ain't nobody playing defense

Old
01-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Krishna

49ers 1:04 from the superbowl

Suck it flacco

Old
01-20-2013, 05:12 PM
litflyersfan

SF in the Super Bowl.

Let's go Ravens!! I want to see a brother vs. brother Super Bowl. Not Belichick again.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Maybe next year if the Falcons return to the playoffs they learn to not play with fire and blow two leads of at least 17 in back to back weeks.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Im not sure of his contract status, but I think Tyrod Taylor would work for what Chip would want to run.

Flacco played great tonight.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Hollywood Couturier

The Brother Bowl.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

"Experts" from ESPN have to learn that football games aren't played on paper. Congrats Ravens.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:51 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Good for the Ravens. Seriously seen way too much of the Pats.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:54 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
The Har"bowl"

Old
01-21-2013, 12:38 AM
RussianRocket10

Glad it's these two teams making it to the Superbowl. I might actually watch the game this year since it doesn't include the Giants/Steelers/Patriots.

Looks like Todd McShay's first mock draft has us taking Luke Joeckel with the 4th pick. I'd be okay with that.

Mel Kiper Jr's mock draft has Joeckel going #1 to KC and the Eagles picking Dee Milliner, Cornerback from Alabama.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Looks like Todd McShay's first mock draft has us taking Luke Joeckel with the 4th pick. I'd be okay with that.

Mel Kiper Jr's mock draft has Joeckel going #1 to KC and the Eagles picking Dee Milliner, Cornerback from Alabama.
I think a lot depends on who goes in the top 3 and who our defensive coordinator is.

Milliner is the riser so far. With the current situation, our entire defensive secondary needs to be replaced, so Milliner makes some sense for that reason. Assuming we go to a 3-4, any one of Joeckel, Milliner, Lutulei, or Jarvis Jones would make an immediate and longterm impact.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:39 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post

Being that Kelly's scheme requires an excellent OL to truly reap all the benefits, I think if Joeckel is there then we're going to take him no questions asked. But if he's not there then it becomes a tricky choice. If we bring in that Georgia defensive coordinator and we switch to the 3-4 as has been rumored, then I think Jarvis Jones or Star Lotuleilei would be 2nd and 3rd on our big board.

If we stick w/ the 4-3, it could be Milliner. Personally, I don't love Milliner, I think he's being overrated and I think it would be a reach to take him in the top 5. My personal philosophy is that CBs shouldn't go in the top 5 unless they are the total package ala Patrick Peterson; and Dee Milliner is no Patrick Peterson.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:51 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Being that Kelly's scheme requires an excellent OL to truly reap all the benefits, I think if Joeckel is there then we're going to take him no questions asked. But if he's not there then it becomes a tricky choice. If we bring in that Georgia defensive coordinator and we switch to the 3-4 as has been rumored, then I think Jarvis Jones or Star Lotuleilei would be 2nd and 3rd on our big board.

If we stick w/ the 4-3, it could be Milliner. Personally, I don't love Milliner, I think he's being overrated and I think it would be a reach to take him in the top 5. My personal philosophy is that CBs shouldn't go in the top 5 unless they are the total package ala Patrick Peterson; and Dee Milliner is no Patrick Peterson.
If he's running the same scheme as he did in Oregon, he actually doesn't need great lineman. The spread zone scheme masks a lot of deficiencies in lineman. Lineman in this scheme just need to be able to mirror their guy and be athletic enough to get to the next level. Just look at the [lack of] lineman Oregon has sent to the NFL. I can only think of Max Unger from Seattle as being the only one to do anything at the next level.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:57 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
If he's running the same scheme as he did in Oregon, he actually doesn't need great lineman. The spread zone scheme masks a lot of deficiencies in lineman. Lineman in this scheme just need to be able to mirror their guy and be athletic enough to get to the next level. Just look at the [lack of] lineman Oregon has sent to the NFL. I can only think of Max Unger from Seattle as being the only one to do anything at the next level.
This. and if hes running this scheme in the NFL it will fail miserably. He's going to run an uptempo offense but the scheme will be different as the one at Oregon relies too much on talent and confusion.. not blocking up field. NFL linebackers would have a field day if Kelly runs the same scheme and he's smart enough to know this.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:03 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
You are correct that he didn't send a ton of guys to the pros, but he did have his fair share of good college linemen that were just too undersized to go to the next level. He's also had several good college QBs who just don't translate to the next level either.

The point I was trying to make is that the NFL is different from the NCAA... while you can get by in the NCAA running the scheme w/ subpar offensive linemen, I think you need a superior offensive line to be able to do it successfully @ the NFL level. And Jockel is the total package (size, strength, speed, quickness, technique)...

I think if Joeckel is there, he's our pick.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
You are correct that he didn't send a ton of guys to the pros, but he did have his fair share of good college linemen that were just too undersized to go to the next level. He's also had several good college QBs who just don't translate to the next level either.

The point I was trying to make is that the NFL is different from the NCAA... while you can get by in the NCAA running the scheme w/ subpar offensive linemen, I think you need a superior offensive line to be able to do it successfully @ the NFL level. And Jockel is the total package (size, strength, speed, quickness, technique)...

I think if Joeckel is there, he's our pick.
Joeckel's good but I don't think he's elite. I'd much rather draft a guy I can build my defense around along with Fletcher Cox.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:20 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

What is your superbowl pick?

I have Baltimore winning 20-17.

49ers have played two very soft defenses this post season. The Raven D is vicious.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:53 PM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Joeckel's good but I don't think he's elite. I'd much rather draft a guy I can build my defense around along with Fletcher Cox.
I dunno man, draftnicks have been talking about Joeckel as one of the best offensive linemen to come out in recent memory (which is why he's got a shot to be #1 overall). He's the total package IMO.

That being said, I could definitely get behind Star Lotuleilei (I'm assuming that's who you were talking by mentioning Fletcher Cox?) or Jarvis Jones. I'm not sold on Milliner being worth the #4 overall.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:36 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
All the scouts/draft guys have said Joeckel is the most talented player in the whole draft....as a OL.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Go For It

As much as I would love to have Star or Joeckel, I don't see either of them available for us at 4. I can't see Joeckel getting past Big Red and Star getting passed Oakland.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
I want them to draft Star, doubt he is there though at 4.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:21 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
All the scouts/draft guys have said Joeckel is the most talented player in the whole draft....as a OL.
That ain't saying much in this draft. He's good, no doubt, I just think you're going to get more value on the defensive side of the ball.

Quote:
I dunno man, draftnicks have been talking about Joeckel as one of the best offensive linemen to come out in recent memory (which is why he's got a shot to be #1 overall). He's the total package IMO.
I don't even think he's better than Matt Kalil who came out last year.

Quote:
That being said, I could definitely get behind Star Lotuleilei (I'm assuming that's who you were talking by mentioning Fletcher Cox?) or Jarvis Jones. I'm not sold on Milliner being worth the #4 overall.
I'm not really sold on anyone at this point, but if we switch to the 3-4, I'm taking one of the rush LBs- Moore, Mingo, Jones (my third choice). Star is very good at what he does, but I don't believe in taking two down players that high in the draft and I think the difference between him and a replacement level guy is a lot less than the difference between one of the pass rushers and a replacement level guy at that position. Elite pass rushers are hard to acquire. Just look at the two teams in the Super Bowl. Aldon Smith has been phenomenal this year and Suggs, although not as productive coming off a torn Achilles, has been as productive as anyone in the league since he was drafted in 2003. Meanwhile, the NTs on each team: Isaac Sopoaga a 4th rounder and Terrance Cody a late 2nd rounder.

Closed Thread