Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012 Patriots/NFL Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Terrier

vCash: 500
Anyone else hear the Bruins' goal horn throughout the game?

Old
01-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Mione134
Queen in the North

Two players we need to look at in this years draft. Alec Ogletree, and Desmond Trufant. I want Ogletree BADLY. At least he doesn't miss tackles like most of our guys do...and he makes an impression.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Over the volcano

Anybody else think talib was faking it?

Old
01-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Shaun
best poster alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
I think its time to get rid of Brady.

Bring in a different strong QB for shorter money. Use extra money to get better players.

Losing like we did to the ravens is not very good.

you don't lose the game by 14 points and blame one person. But god damn it, I blame brady completely.
u wot m8

Old
01-21-2013, 07:29 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier View Post

According to comcast saturday night, its the pats horn that the Bs use. As usuall most Boston news outlets no zero about the Bs.

I pretty sure the dropkicks where the Bs first and now the redsox claim then as there own. And the Pats ? Im not sure.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Brady started off looking like Joe Montana and is morphing into Jim Kelley.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Fire Sweeney

There's only so much a 35 year old QB can do in the playoffs with garbage receivers and no running game. He looks more like Dan Marino to me.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Over the volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38 View Post
Brady started off looking like Joe Montana and is morphing into Jim Kelley.
Maybe San Francisco Montana morphing into Kansas City Montana?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
I think its time to get rid of Brady.

Bring in a different strong QB for shorter money. Use extra money to get better players.

Losing like we did to the ravens is not very good.

you don't lose the game by 14 points and blame one person. But god damn it, I blame brady completely.
Stages of post-Patriot defeat:

1. Denial
2. Propose trading Brady
3. Regain consciousness and wait until next season

Also, the defense couldn't tackle a turtle and every receiver besides Lloyd dropped about 5 passes. Brady played a ****-tacular game against the Ravens (again,) but it sure as hell wasn't all his fault. His one interception was tipped, and the other was just desperation to get into the endzone.

He needs a taller receiver. Welker and Lloyd are both good, but they're both >6 ft. We have Gronk and Hernandez, but we need a bigger WR. I'm curious to see what we'll do with Welker. He's a good receiver but I think him being Brady's main target is a huge part of that. He wouldn't be nearly as good on any other team.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Mione134
Queen in the North

^ I think its no coincidence that Brady was at his best with Moss because he was tall.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
No pass rush
No playmakers on D
D gets shredded all day w/ short/intermediate stuff
All the pressure on the offense

Old
01-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Disappointing 2nd half that for sure, losing to the Ravens sucks.

I hope the 49ers will be able to take it all

Old
01-21-2013, 09:20 AM
BklyNBruiN

Was rooting for the Pats and Tom Brady which I am a big fan of.. This wasn't his fault, no way. I think New England needs another piece on defense.. Defense wins championships, and yesterday Baltimore's defense won it.

Did you know if the Pats would of won yesterday, it would of made the 6th time Tom Brady goes to the Super Bowl. That's crazy.. He's won it three times..

Old
01-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
^ I think its no coincidence that Brady was at his best with Moss because he was tall.
Of course not, Moss was likely Bradys best option he's ever had. While the Pats O is great, they are predictable at the same time. No deep threat to keep the opposing D honest.
Hell, Gronk was a big loss yesterday. He sure would have helped alot against a physical Ravens D.

I'd invest most of our money on the secondary, though. The game has become pass-first...with a better secondary, we could have picked off 1 or 2 bombs from Flacco yesterday, he threw some shaky passes.

But again, you can't score 13 and expect to win. 2-6 within the 25 yd range is embarrassing. We chould have easily scored close to 30 without a huge effort.

I know Welker is great and all, but he's your typical regular season WR, just like Manning is a regular season QB. When was the last time a WR really bailed out Brady? On other teams, it basically happens every other game. Eli Manning would still have zero rings if it wasn't for some circus catches. Do you think those passes to Tyree and Manningham were spot on? Actually, they were much worse than the pass Brady threw to Welker last year.

We could do one thing: stand pat on offense, hope for Gronk to stay healthy and franchise-tag Welker once again. Our RB-duo is nothing to worry about.
Invest all the chips on defense, get a CB and especially a quality safety. Secondary's got to be better...

@smithformeragent: I don't agree with your conclusion. While the D wasn't great, 28 points surrendered is actually not the worst thing in the world. If we knew that beforehand, I guess most would still have liked our chances. And all that happend when Talib went down...bad luck?
The Defense at least got the job done in the first half and we should have scored much more than 13 points, that was the gamebreaker for me. First half felt like we should have led by at least 13-14 points instead of 6.

To be completely honest, I don't think we would have won against the Niners...and I couldn't stand losing another SB-match. Yesterdays loss would have felt more heartbreaking had the Falcons won the NFCCG

Last edited by Mr Cartmenez: 01-21-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old
01-21-2013, 09:46 AM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier View Post
How could anyone miss it? They blow it for no reason whatsoever seemingly every thirty seconds. Absolutely the most obnoxious thing I've heard in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
According to comcast saturday night, its the pats horn that the Bs use. As usuall most Boston news outlets no zero about the Bs.
Par for the course for the media dummies in this town. They are all annoyed this morning that they have to scramble to find out who's on the Bruins roster now that the Pats are gone.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:47 AM
GloryDaze4877
Dishonest Intellect

Trading Brady and bringing in Tebow (and his good karma, how did that work out for the Jets, lol) after the Pats lose in the AFC Championship game? Only 2 go further yet we get this kind of crack analysis? Brady in the twilight of his career is still better than 95% of the QB's in the league. MB was right, when Talib went down, this game started slipping away. It just shows that the D needs to improve in the secondary.

On O, I think they need a big WR that can stretch the field a bit (as others have already suggested). It makes all the underneath stuff so much more effective. I'm torn on Welker. Love his guts, but he has dropped some big passes of late, and I wonder if he would be nearly as good somewhere else? I would try to bring him back at a reasonable price.

Trade Brady and bring in Tebow...Gawd this place needs meds sometimes.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:50 AM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cartmenez View Post
Of course not, Moss was likely Bradys best option he's ever had. While the Pats O is great, they are predictable at the same time. No deep threat to keep the opposing D honest.
Hell, Gronk was a big loss yesterday. He sure would have helped alot against a physical Ravens D.

I'd invest most of our money on the secondary, though. The game has become pass-first...with a better secondary, we could have picked off 1 or 2 bombs from Flacco yesterday, he threw some shaky passes.

But again, you can't score 13 and expect to win. 2-6 within the 25 yd range is embarrassing. We chould have easily scored close to 30 without a huge effort.

I know Welker is great and all, but he's your typical regular season WR, just like Manning is a regular season QB. When was the last time a WR really bailed out Brady? On other teams, it basically happens every other game. Eli Manning would still have zero rings if it wasn't for some circus catches. Do you think those passes to Tyree and Manningham were spot on? Actually, they were much worse than the pass Brady threw to Welker last year.

We could do one thing: stand pat on offense, hope for Gronk to stay healthy and franchise-tag Welker once again. Our RB-duo is nothing to worry about.
Invest all the chips on defense, get a CB and especially a quality safety. Secondary's got to be better...

@smithformeragent: I don't agree with your conclusion. While the D wasn't great, 28 points surrendered is actually not the worst thing in the world. If we knew that beforehand, I guess most would still have liked our chances. And all that happend when Talib went down...bad luck?
The Defense at least got the job done in the first half and we should have scored much more than 13 points, that was the gamebreaker for me. First half felt like we should have led by at least 13-14 points instead of 6.

To be completely honest, I don't think we would have won against the Niners...and I couldn't stand losing another SB-match. Yesterdays loss would have felt more heartbreaking had the Falcons won the NFCCG
So you're pretty much saying that Defense is key, whether its the secondary or whatever.. At the end of the first half yesterday it was a 6 point game in a Championship game. 13-7 Yes NE should of had more points on the board considering the chances but they didn't..

Well in the second half the Baltimore Ravens came out most likely with the game plan of STOP BRADY and we win this game. And that's what they did.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 AM
BklyNBruiN

How could anyone be talking about trading Brady.. That is just dumb talk. YEA Blame it on Tom Brady.

NE offense will always be potent as long as Brady is QB. I imagine this off season they will add a piece or two. But as the game has changed to pass first, which I agree with the poster above, Defense is where they will really be looking to beef up.

Last edited by BklyNBruiN: 01-21-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old
01-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Mione134
Queen in the North

I want Tebow on the Pats because I think we can think of good schemes for him. He won't play QB. But he can run. And sad as it is, he would have made that 4th down run unlike Brady!

It can't hurt! But our depth needs help and fast. Marquice Cole who?

Old
01-21-2013, 10:02 AM
BklyNBruiN

The NFL is seeing this new breed of QB who are strong on the run/pass using the read-option and you can best believe this off season, many teams Defense coaches will be trying to figure out how to stop this new phenominum.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:04 AM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Quote:
I want Tebow on the Pats because I think we can think of good schemes for him. He won't play QB. But he can run. And sad as it is, he would have made that 4th down run unlike Brady!

Is this a joke, just like "That game was rigged so "they" can have a Harbaugh Bowl" too?

Old
01-21-2013, 10:06 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:

Tim Tebow is NOT the answer to any quarterback quandary. You guys have Tom ****ing Brady and you are advocating for Tim ****ig Tebow?!?! How about just upgrading the D and signing an actual WR.....I think that would solve the pat's problems.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:11 AM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Anybody else think talib was faking it?
Why would he be faking it? He had a noticable limp after going to the locker room holding his thigh. Talib is a lot of things, but he's never quit on a team he's been on.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:

Our linebackers suck

The running game stinks

Tim Tebow > Tom Brady

Some real gems in here from you

Old
01-21-2013, 10:18 AM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
Tim Tebow is NOT the answer to any quarterback quandary. You guys have Tom ****ing Brady and you are advocating for Tim ****ig Tebow?!?! How about just upgrading the D and signing an actual WR.....I think that would solve the pat's problems.
Exactly. On the majority of the top sports networks, ESPN, NFL etc, as they recap the game, not one has blamed Tom Brady for the loss, if anything they still consider him the best in the game. Maybe the best the game has ever seen.

I predict next year's AFC Championship game will be NE vs Denver. I know Tom Brady wants that 4th Super Bowl.. Joe Montana,Terry Bradshaw both have 4.

Closed Thread