HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Center Ice/Game Center Discussion

Old
01-19-2013, 04:21 PM
steveat

vCash: 500
can someone test gamecenter...I can get to the site...but I can't get to the game page and watch the games...it hangs.. I was watching the Jets game and tried to switch to the LA Chicago game and that's when it messed up. I am wondering if it is my end or everyone.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:25 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
can someone test gamecenter...I can get to the site...but I can't get to the game page and watch the games...it hangs.. I was watching the Jets game and tried to switch to the LA Chicago game and that's when it messed up. I am wondering if it is my end or everyone.
Happened to me too. I clicked refresh and that's when it stopped working. Getting a little antsy.

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:33 PM
steveat

I just did a search NHL Gamcenter Not working.... There are hundreds of people complaining. Apparently, the response was that a lot of upgrades were done to the site over the past year and the only way to properly test it is live...

Old
01-19-2013, 04:38 PM
steveat

It's all over the main area of the forum...LOADS of people can't connect and it was for the very reason we did...we tried to either refresh or see another game..then poof.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:10 PM
steveat

well, gamecenter started to work again with 1 min of hockey left..

two games already ended...wonder why it was so easy to log back in.

Boys..I think WE ARE SCREWED. I don't think this will hold up for tonights games...If 3 separate games are too much....what's going to happen to the 9 games scheduled in an 1?

Old
01-19-2013, 05:15 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
NHL's tech services seem to be screwed up in general. Scoreboard hasn't updated since the LA game started.

01-19-2013, 05:33 PM
giddy up

Doesn't everyone get center ice for free this month? We don't need Game Center right yet? If its not working online just watch it on TV

giddy up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Cash927

Is there a reason whenever I click on the gamecenter logo, I get to the order page even though I already ordered it?

Cash927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:58 PM
13th Floor

My center ice on Direct TV is saying that I'm not subscribed? I thought it was free? Is anyone else having this problem?

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Augscura

Center Ice AND game center have failed me today. Sigh

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:10 AM
will5059

I have dish in Madison ct. The isles-devils game was MIA on center ice last night. Last year I had comcast and the only teams that were blacked out for me were the bruins and rangers. This applied to gamecenter as well. I called dish customer service but they were useless . They just kept directing me to the black out list that applied to regional sports networks; not center ice. Anyways anyone else in new haven county have trouble with center ice last night?

will5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Hyphistos

Wow, gamecenter didn't work at all yesterday for me. That didn't have to do anything with blackout, it was just not working.

I really hope that it will be better tomorrow. If not, I will enter Hulk-mode, fitting the "super hero celebration day". Because as much as you Americans hate those midday-games, as much they are a blessing for us Europeans, because those are the only few games we can watch live at a sane time *g*

Hyphistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:30 AM
steveat

Gamecenter right now is super sluggish.

I am also in Austria and it was working at the beginning..went down for about 1.5 hrs and worked again.

Today...I am waiting for the game to start to see how the other teams are doing and it is SLOW.

BTW...do you guys know Neulion...the streaming company that powers gamecenter live?

Well it's owned buy...yes..you guessed it..WANG!

Old
01-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Gamecenter worked flawlessly for me last night.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:25 PM
steveat

If you watched the earlier games you would see. It was all over the main forum here.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by will5059 View Post
I have dish in Madison ct. The isles-devils game was MIA on center ice last night. Last year I had comcast and the only teams that were blacked out for me were the bruins and rangers. This applied to gamecenter as well. I called dish customer service but they were useless . They just kept directing me to the black out list that applied to regional sports networks; not center ice. Anyways anyone else in new haven county have trouble with center ice last night?

Center Ice does have blackouts. For example, when the Isles play Tampa, I can only get the local Tampa feed on Sun Sports. Center Ice is just a black screen or I see the Center Ice Game channel line up.

Are you sure the game wasn't on locally somewhere? That's probably why you didn't see it on Center Ice. Also the Isles game last night for me at least was only broadcast in SD, it was not available in HD.

01-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
When the hell is the 2013 PS3 game center app coming out?

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:04 PM
will5059

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Center Ice does have blackouts. For example, when the Isles play Tampa, I can only get the local Tampa feed on Sun Sports. Center Ice is just a black screen or I see the Center Ice Game channel line up.

Are you sure the game wasn't on locally somewhere? That's probably why you didn't see it on Center Ice. Also the Isles game last night for me at least was only broadcast in SD, it was not available in HD.
I think what happened was I had the guide set to HD channels . I looked to mon and it has the TB at NYI up there in HD and SD . This is my first year with dish so that's why I made the mix up. My only local sports network is NESN.

will5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:17 PM
BorzNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
When the hell is the 2013 PS3 game center app coming out?
I called on this a few days ago.

for Roku, on the 21st.
for PS3, end of the month.

I was pretty annoyed when he told me that -- they have had 4 months to make sure this would be up and running!

BorzNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:36 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorzNYI View Post
I called on this a few days ago.

for Roku, on the 21st.
for PS3, end of the month.

I was pretty annoyed when he told me that -- they have had 4 months to make sure this would be up and running!
I have to Roku app now.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:09 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

You can't appreciate what we have for broadcasters until you watch Center Ice. The pre-game intro for Edmonton was embarrassing. One word: props.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:44 PM
82isles

One benefit with direct tv is you can stream live tv to any smartphone or tablet with their App.

I tested this today with the free preview and it worked great. After seeing how game center behaved last night, I wish I went with CI. Direct TV had 4 channels reserved for each game last night. 2 in SD and 2 in HD, both home and away broadcasts. I'm not sure if that's how it will be all season though.

82isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
Doesn't everyone get center ice for free this month? We don't need Game Center right yet? If its not working online just watch it on TV
NO. We NEED gamecenter (those of us with cable at least). Thankfully my gamecenter has been working great since Saturday night after I got home from the game. Center Ice is COMPLETELY useless since it's not in HD. And if that's not bad enough, it actually got worse. Now the game is shown in a smaller box on your TV. It took my 42 inch TV and basically turned it into a 27 incher. Anyone with cable who actually pays for center ice this year after the preview is over needs their head examined. Gamecenter is the only way to go.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:59 AM
StumpNYI

Gamecenter from my experiece the last couple of years:

Web Browser

PROS- Works flawlessly. Very manageable, quality is good, and a consistent experience much like center ice. Can watch anywhere with internet access on any computer.
CONS- Need to rig a laptop or computer to your tv if you want to enjoy from your couch. Need HDMI for both video and audio or setup a pair of speakers on your computer. Can be a pain.

Andriod app (4.6" Phone screen)

PROS- Had issues at first but now works flawlessly. Lets you changes the bitrate manually which is so convenient. Have yet to test it on 4g but works great over my home wifi. Can pretty watch hockey anywhere now.
CONS- Crashed once during the Oiler vs Canucks game last night. Had issues not loading at first on Saturday, but everyone was having problems. Have to manually sign in to the app every time you load it.

Xbox app

PROS- Great interface and navigation. Not quite as good on the web browser but allows you to quickly look up stats and other league info. Perfect for watching hockey on your couch. Worked flawlessly for vault games.
CONS-Runs like crap for live streams. Like the ps3 app last year the streams "rebuffer" every 2 minutes. Very frustrating. Causes the game to stop for about 15 seconds and skips back to live. By the time the game is over, you miss a few big plays and your delayed by about 5 minutes. Can't change it to a lower kbps setting like the andriod app. Would totally save this app if I could.

PS3 app (2011-12 Season)
PROS- Compared to the xbox app I have no reason to use this anymore. Interface was slow and not easy.
CONS-Only used it a few times. Barely worked for me. Same issues as the xbox app during live streams.

Center Ice

PROS- RELIABLE. As long as you pay your cable bill, you will always be able to watch the game.
CONS-NO FREAKING HD. Can't pick your feed (home or away) and is completely random on which local feed you will be watching. Can only watch where you have cable tv. So you are tied to your living room. Dependent on cable service. So if you don't have cable, it will cost you more then $160 since you now have to pay for cable tv. No Vault service. I think there is a stats and standing channel but its not easy to find.

So there you go. Hope this helps if anyone was stuck on which to choose...

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Gamecenter from my experiece the last couple of years:

Web Browser

PROS- Works flawlessly. Very manageable, quality is good, and a consistent experience much like center ice. Can watch anywhere with internet access on any computer.
CONS- Need to rig a laptop or computer to your tv if you want to enjoy from your couch. Need HDMI for both video and audio or setup a pair of speakers on your computer. Can be a pain.

Andriod app (4.6" Phone screen)

PROS- Had issues at first but now works flawlessly. Lets you changes the bitrate manually which is so convenient. Have yet to test it on 4g but works great over my home wifi. Can pretty watch hockey anywhere now.
CONS- Crashed once during the Oiler vs Canucks game last night. Had issues not loading at first on Saturday, but everyone was having problems. Have to manually sign in to the app every time you load it.

Xbox app

PROS- Great interface and navigation. Not quite as good on the web browser but allows you to quickly look up stats and other league info. Perfect for watching hockey on your couch. Worked flawlessly for vault games.
CONS-Runs like crap for live streams. Like the ps3 app last year the streams "rebuffer" every 2 minutes. Very frustrating. Causes the game to stop for about 15 seconds and skips back to live. By the time the game is over, you miss a few big plays and your delayed by about 5 minutes. Can't change it to a lower kbps setting like the andriod app. Would totally save this app if I could.

PS3 app (2011-12 Season)
PROS- Compared to the xbox app I have no reason to use this anymore. Interface was slow and not easy.
CONS-Only used it a few times. Barely worked for me. Same issues as the xbox app during live streams.

Center Ice

PROS- RELIABLE. As long as you pay your cable bill, you will always be able to watch the game.
CONS-NO FREAKING HD. Can't pick your feed (home or away) and is completely random on which local feed you will be watching. Can only watch where you have cable tv. So you are tied to your living room. Dependent on cable service. So if you don't have cable, it will cost you more then $160 since you now have to pay for cable tv. No Vault service. I think there is a stats and standing channel but its not easy to find.

So there you go. Hope this helps if anyone was stuck on which to choose...
Best thing about gamecenter is one subscription gives you many different platforms to watch the games. If you are having trouble with the xbox app, watch on a laptop. If the phone is giving you trouble, watch on your ipad. I checked out my laptop, xbox and ipad this weekend and while it started off shaky, it got better as the weekend went on. The first week is always a pain. Especially now with all the free previews. The streams will get better. The ipad app didn't work at all Saturday but last night I watched a period of the Oilers-Canucks game on it and was pleasantly surprised. Near HD quality and zero hiccups.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote