HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012 Patriots/NFL Thread Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 11:18 AM
  #301
BklyNBruiN
Registered User
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
Tim Tebow is NOT the answer to any quarterback quandary. You guys have Tom ****ing Brady and you are advocating for Tim ****ig Tebow?!?! How about just upgrading the D and signing an actual WR.....I think that would solve the pat's problems.
Exactly. On the majority of the top sports networks, ESPN, NFL etc, as they recap the game, not one has blamed Tom Brady for the loss, if anything they still consider him the best in the game. Maybe the best the game has ever seen.

I predict next year's AFC Championship game will be NE vs Denver. I know Tom Brady wants that 4th Super Bowl.. Joe Montana,Terry Bradshaw both have 4.

BklyNBruiN is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:28 AM
  #302
MioneRask134
Registered User
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 11,265
vCash: 500
Some of you people are ridiculous. Let's get some facts out here.

1. Ridley. Vereen. Woodhead are NOT elite running backs. Period. Ridley had a nice season but is he really our answer at rb? Wouldn't you want to upgrade at that position? I would.

2. The Harbowl thing is a joke. But a very good conspiracy if you're into that sort of thing. Good luck trying not to hear about it because you will.

3. I never ONCE said I want to replace Brady and/or bring in Tebow to replace him. Matter of fact, we were looking to acquire him before the Jets did, remember that? He's friends with Belicheck. Its totally plausible they'll be looking at him. And in this new NFL where hybrid QB's are coming out any player with that particular skill set will be looked at and be determined whether or not they can help the team.

Tewbo could help this team. He can't throw but he can run. And I'm sure they'd figure out a useful way to play him unlike the Jets, so riddle me this, what's so wrong with it?

Fact: IF that 4th down play was designed for Tebow he would have got that first down. I'm not a jerk for saying it either. I don't blame Brady for the loss. We need to upgrade our players but he certainly didn't play his best.

MioneRask134 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:36 AM
  #303
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Some of you people are ridiculous. Let's get some facts out here.

1. Ridley. Vereen. Woodhead are NOT elite running backs. Period. Ridley had a nice season but is he really our answer at rb? Wouldn't you want to upgrade at that position? I would.

2. The Harbowl thing is a joke. But a very good conspiracy if you're into that sort of thing. Good luck trying not to hear about it because you will.

3. I never ONCE said I want to replace Brady and/or bring in Tebow to replace him. Matter of fact, we were looking to acquire him before the Jets did, remember that? He's friends with Belicheck. Its totally plausible they'll be looking at him. And in this new NFL where hybrid QB's are coming out any player with that particular skill set will be looked at and be determined whether or not they can help the team.

Tewbo could help this team. He can't throw but he can run. And I'm sure they'd figure out a useful way to play him unlike the Jets, so riddle me this, what's so wrong with it?

Fact: IF that 4th down play was designed for Tebow he would have got that first down. I'm not a jerk for saying it either. I don't blame Brady for the loss. We need to upgrade our players but he certainly didn't play his best.
Ridley is more than exceptable. Unless you are going to draft an Adrian Peterson near the top of the draft don't bother. Too many Afred Morris' and Arian Foster to worry about that. Remember Laurence Maroney?

Not really sure how Tebow could help this team. Maybe on some 4th and 1's? Hardly seems worth the circus he brings. If you are talking about a 4th and more then one yeard (I think you are) you are nuts. It's highly unlikely he would have gotten it..

WBC8 is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:40 AM
  #304
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
I want Tebow on the Pats because I think we can think of good schemes for him. He won't play QB. But he can run. And sad as it is, he would have made that 4th down run unlike Brady!

It can't hurt! But our depth needs help and fast. Marquice Cole who?
You honestly think they would have had the same defense in if Tebow was in there ? Seriously?

WBC8 is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:42 AM
  #305
BklyNBruiN
Registered User
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Some of you people are ridiculous. Let's get some facts out here.

1. Ridley. Vereen. Woodhead are NOT elite running backs. Period. Ridley had a nice season but is he really our answer at rb? Wouldn't you want to upgrade at that position? I would.

2. The Harbowl thing is a joke. But a very good conspiracy if you're into that sort of thing. Good luck trying not to hear about it because you will.

3. I never ONCE said I want to replace Brady and/or bring in Tebow to replace him. Matter of fact, we were looking to acquire him before the Jets did, remember that? He's friends with Belicheck. Its totally plausible they'll be looking at him. And in this new NFL where hybrid QB's are coming out any player with that particular skill set will be looked at and be determined whether or not they can help the team.

Tewbo could help this team. He can't throw but he can run. And I'm sure they'd figure out a useful way to play him unlike the Jets, so riddle me this, what's so wrong with it?

Fact: IF that 4th down play was designed for Tebow he would have got that first down. I'm not a jerk for saying it either. I don't blame Brady for the loss. We need to upgrade our players but he certainly didn't play his best.
Guess what tho, I don't think Tim Tebow ever wants to be put in a situation where he is used as the way he was used in NY. Like you said on that "One 4th down play" And that is pretty much what happen in NY. I am pretty sure he wants to be put in a situation where has a good chance on being the #1 QB. Where he would get a chance to get into the offense. And with that, they're is no way he comes to Tom Brady's Pats.

BklyNBruiN is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
  #306
MioneRask134
Registered User
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 11,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Ridley is more than exceptable. Unless you are going to draft an Adrian Peterson near the top of the draft don't bother. Too many Afred Morris' and Arian Foster to worry about that. Remember Laurence Maroney?

Not really sure how Tebow could help this team. Maybe on some 4th and 1's? Hardly seems worth the circus he brings. If you are talking about a 4th and more then one yeard (I think you are) you are nuts. It's highly unlikely he would have gotten it..
I would like another option at rb. But I want to see what Demps can do because I think he's special. He's an Olympian. That's gotta count for something.

Its not gonna win me any points on here, Bam. But I think Tebow can do more on 4th and 1 along with Special Teams. I just think hes got a special skill set and with the right coach, they can extract that. I don't expect him to be a quaterback, but I think he can be used properly in certain situations.

Not sure where people determined that I meant Tebow is better than Brady. The only thing he hes better at than Brady is that he can run. That's all.

MioneRask134 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:45 AM
  #307
BklyNBruiN
Registered User
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 500
Yes Tim Tebow can run but coming to the Pats, the negatives will heavily outweigh the positives.

BklyNBruiN is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:49 AM
  #308
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 500
Please give me ONE viable option at RB for the Patriots next year that is an upgrade over Ridley & co.

Guiledoom is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:49 AM
  #309
MioneRask134
Registered User
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 11,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
Yes Tim Tebow can run but coming to the Pats the negatives, will heavily outweigh the positives.
We'll see. I realize its an unpopular opinion. But I watched so much of the guy in college and I just think with a coach like Bill, he can work some magic with him. I just don't see another NFL team giving Tim a shot. Better to cut his losses now and try to make it as special teamer or full back.

Again, its just IMO. No biggie if y'all don't agree.

MioneRask134 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:52 AM
  #310
MioneRask134
Registered User
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 11,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Please give me ONE viable option at RB for the Patriots next year that is an upgrade over Ridley & co.
Steven Jackson.

Good mentor for Ridley and co. Also a vet. May be 30 but the guy can grind.

MioneRask134 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:54 AM
  #311
BklyNBruiN
Registered User
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
We'll see. I realize its an unpopular opinion. But I watched so much of the guy in college and I just think with a coach like Bill, he can work some magic with him. I just don't see another NFL team giving Tim a shot. Better to cut his losses now and try to make it as special teamer or full back.

Again, its just IMO. No biggie if y'all don't agree.
No man It's all good. That's what this is all about, so we can debate and express our opinions. Were all fans but we all have our own views,Rah Rah..
Trust me if Tim Tebow ends up on the Pats this off season, I'll be coming back to remind you of this convo. LMAO

BklyNBruiN is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:57 AM
  #312
MioneRask134
Registered User
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 11,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
No man It's all good. That's what this is all about, so we can debate and express our opinions.

Trust me if Tim Tebow ends up on the Pats this off season, I'll be coming back to remind you of this convo. LMAO
Haha! Deal

I can proclaim myself Ms Cleo because I knew all along ~

MioneRask134 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:58 AM
  #313
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,514
vCash: 500
- Draft a safety, CB, DT, OL in that order

- Sign Dwayne Bowe

- Resign Welker, Vollmer, Talib, Edelmen, Woodhead

We have the youngest defense in the league, tied with the Packers. It's taken a big step forward from last year. With some more depth and one more impact player in the secondary ( Steve Gregory should not be one of the starting safeties ) it has the markings of being a really great playmaking group. As it was, this year we were 6th in INTs, first in forced fumbles, and first in overall takeaways. And no, I don't think that's a fluke. I think it shows the investment the Pats have taken in targeting defensive players in the draft the past few years is starting to show.

I want to see more of Justin Francis next year. I think the kid can be a really solid pass rusher for the team.

VeddarRants is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:06 PM
  #314
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 18,501
vCash: 500
The Cards need to do Larry Fitzgerald a favor and trade him here.

Fire Julien is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:37 PM
  #315
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
some of you should stick to hockey

LOL get rid of Brady

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:50 PM
  #316
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
The RBs arent a big deal. They're good. Not elite but we have an elite QB.
We need to develop Mallet more under Brady.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
  #317
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I thought the game-changer was the Welker drop. Again.
Exactly. The Pats would have gotten a 1st down in FG range. They could have taken a 16-7 or 20-7 lead after that possession.

That drop was a huge momentum killer.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
  #318
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
The Cards need to do Larry Fitzgerald a favor and trade him here.
Agreed. That team needs to rebuild badly. Trading him for picks is the right route for them.

Guiledoom is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
  #319
KesselBuiltMyHotrod
Registered User
 
KesselBuiltMyHotrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,212
vCash: 500
Patriots are not going to give up picks and pay all that money for Fitzgerald.

This was the second highest scoring offense of all time. Yeah, they can still improve it, but the defense is more important.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
  #320
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
Patriots are not going to give up picks and pay all that money for Fitzgerald.

This was the second highest scoring offense of all time. Yeah, they can still improve it, but the defense is more important.
They need a big physical WR though. Whether that's via draft or trade/FA, it's an area that needs to be addressed. Secondary depth is still the primary concern though.

Guiledoom is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
  #321
Johnnyduke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,914
vCash: 500
I've had this debate with a friend...

The great Pats offense can struggle against a good defense. But, our defense can't make a great offense struggle. To me, it says more about the defense than the offense. He disagrees.

Brady would light up the Pats defense much like all good QBs do. That is the biggest problem. When the offense isn't perfect and can't put up a lot of points, we simply can't win. We do not have a defense than can do what Baltimore did or what SF did in the 2nd half against Atlanta. Until that changes, we can continue to have the greatest regular season offense...it won't matter.

Johnnyduke is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:54 PM
  #322
smithformeragent
Moderator
 
smithformeragent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester NH
Country: United States
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
I've had this debate with a friend...

The great Pats offense can struggle against a good defense. But, our defense can't make a great offense struggle. To me, it says more about the defense than the offense. He disagrees.

Brady would light up the Pats defense much like all good QBs do. That is the biggest problem. When the offense isn't perfect and can't put up a lot of points, we simply can't win. We do not have a defense than can do what Baltimore did or what SF did in the 2nd half against Atlanta. Until that changes, we can continue to have the greatest regular season offense...it won't matter.
Yup, and I don't buy that the defense is all that improved either. Anyone can defend well when you get up 2-3 touch downs and make the opponent one dimensional. In a close game though, they get absolutely picked apart. They are pretty good against the run, but when you have Spikes drop back in coverage, he gets beat every time.

This team has become the 2003-05 Colts. When is the last time the defense stepped up and stole a big game?

smithformeragent is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
  #323
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
I've had this debate with a friend...

The great Pats offense can struggle against a good defense. But, our defense can't make a great offense struggle. To me, it says more about the defense than the offense. He disagrees.

Brady would light up the Pats defense much like all good QBs do. That is the biggest problem. When the offense isn't perfect and can't put up a lot of points, we simply can't win. We do not have a defense than can do what Baltimore did or what SF did in the 2nd half against Atlanta. Until that changes, we can continue to have the greatest regular season offense...it won't matter.
The defense is close though I think. They get a fair amount of takeaways. They are young and have some really good young players. I think that stat is a bit misleading since teams are forced to throw more because of the Pats offense giving them a cushion. I still think they are on the cusp though.

The biggest concerns I have on defense is the lack of depth in the secondary. It unfortunately reared its head yesterday when Talib went down.

CBs: Re-sign Talib. Absolutely priority #1. They are a completely different defensive group with him. Denard looks to be a pretty good CB as well. Not flashy, but makes plays, and CAN TACKLE, which is something that the defense as a whole severely lacks.

Safety: McCourty is good there, and will only get better. They need to find someone who can play opposite him though. Gregory was alright, but he's not a starter on a championship team IMO. Still have no idea what they actually have in Tavon Wilson, really seems like wasted pick to me.

LBs: Absolutely fine. Spikes took another step forward in his development again this year, If he can show next season that he can give you decent pass coverage, he's a 3 down LB. Hightower was very good for a rookie, I expect him to take another step forward again. Mayo probably had one of, if not the best year of his career. Depth is good here as well. Not an area of concern at all.

D-Line: The personnel is good, and the depth is okay, but they need to find a way to get pressure on QBs. Whether it was by design or not, they really struggled this season with constant pressure. It picked up once Talib showed up, but it still wasn't good enough.

Overall the defense is still a work in progress. They desperately need DB help and depth though. Denard, Talib, and McCourty are fine, after that though it's too big of a drop off. Arrington is an okay nickel corner. Cole is garbage. Wilson is an unknown. Dowling has a big year coming up. He's a big CB but can't stay healthy. If he cn give you something, that's huge.

I think they draft a safety in the 1st round.

Guiledoom is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 06:03 PM
  #324
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Exactly. The Pats would have gotten a 1st down in FG range. They could have taken a 16-7 or 20-7 lead after that possession.

That drop was a huge momentum killer.
Yup. After the drop, the Pats punted it and the Ravens went on their 90 yard march for a TD. Huge swing point in the game.

VeddarRants is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:10 PM
  #325
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,530
vCash: 500
man do i love TMQ......

Sour Play of the Title Round: Ravens leading 28-13 with nine minutes remaining, New England has fourth-and-4 on the Baltimore 19. Having strangely punted three times in Baltimore territory -- see more below -- Bill Belichick decides to go for it.

Tom Brady is flushed from the pocket, rolls left, and has a decent chance to gain the first down by running. But perhaps he knows Baltimore is furious that at the end of the first half, running in the same spot on the field, he started to slide, then raised his foot high and seemed to try to injure Baltimore's Ed Reed with his spikes. The Ravens were furious about that play -- and Brady may know that it means the next time he becomes a runner, the Ravens will reply with no-holds-barred hits. Brady doesn't want to be hit hard, so he throws the ball away. He throws the ball away on fourth down! Sour.

Pie O My is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.