HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nikolai Kulemin

Old
01-21-2013, 10:08 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
I'm surprised at how some people want Sutter or Morrow for him, then at the other end of the spectrum we have guys who think that the original offer is overpayment.

I would still do Pouliot + Tangradi/Conditional 2nd for Kulemin + Komisarek.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Count Von Grabo*

vCash: 500
Jesus, some of you guys are really overrating him imo.

I mean I like his defensive play, but he is a borderline 2nd line player on a meh team.

I wouldn't trade him right now because his value is at an all time low most likely. I am just hoping he can be a 20 goal guy.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:21 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
I don't see Kulemin as a 20-30 goal guy... That's relying on him far too much offensively.

I see Kulemin as a 15-18 goal guy, very strong defensively, can play in most roles, works hard, never whines and shows some offensive flare now and again but not enough to justify a goal scoring role.

I think he's likely one of those tweener 2nd/3rd line guys. I liked his PK work a LOT on Saturday vs Montreal. TWICE he was behind our own goal line and chucked the puck down the ice.
Put a Malkin beside him, and he easily becomes a 20-30 goal guy. He will not carry his line offensively, though.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
God I hope we don't trade him to the Pens...the last thing anyone in the conference needs is another player turning into a first liner because of Malkin.

I really think he can be a 65-70 point guy if he played with Malkin...

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:32 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

sutter would be good

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:35 AM
DaveT83*

Trade him for Bernier straight up?

I like Kulie - I'm willing to give him some time to work things out - but its starting to look like he+mac have just been riding Grabo's coattails. Glad he's playing both ends of the ice - but plenty of guys ready to make that same contribution in system (D'Amigo)

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
leafspring*

He friggin stunk against the habs,and looked like he wasn't even playing during the lockout. For a guy that was playing i expected to see some jump in his game. It wasn't there at all.

He was not alone though because Grabbo,and MacArthur stunk too. MacArthur had more jam than both,and he was the one that didn't play during the lockout. If he is that good with Malkin maybe we should ship him there if it was one of them possibilities.

Ryan Hamilton can do Kulemins job right now,and for that matter should have Browns job in reality right now. I would rather keep Kulemin,and ditch brown though. Kulemin has to be alot better,and if not by the trade deadline moving him could be a move the organization see's fit to make.

Lots of teams would want him if he plays good,but if its the Kulemin of last year,forget there being as much interest in him. Pittsburgh is better off waiting and watching as a smart way of thinking for that team. If he continues playing like he did the last bit for the leafs we don't need him.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
I'm surprised at how some people want Sutter or Morrow for him, then at the other end of the spectrum we have guys who think that the original offer is overpayment.

I'm surprised you'd give up Pouliot so quickly.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:13 AM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I don't think anyone expects him to be a 30 goal scorer again -- the statistics certainly don't support him (he shot a ridiculous 17% that year.) I also don't think he's going to be putting up another 7 goal season again anytime soon, though. Rather, I think the prognosis on Kulemin is a 20-20 guy that can play in all situations -- he forechecks hard, he backchecks hard, he can play the PK, and he can finish on the PP. The versatility offered by him is just great, because he's equally comfortable in a 2nd line secondary scoring role as he is in a 3rd line checking/shutdown role.

That's a solid offer, but I'd be hesitant to pull the trigger. Our team's defensive ability is so laughably non-existent, Kulemin is exactly the type of player we need more of, not less of.

I'd almost want to see a trade like that happen though, just so we can get the NHL edition of the Malkin-Kulemin pwn fest
You are watching a different player than me then. Kulemin has lost his edge man,and it was his downfall last year too.He is looking like a player that put it all on the line in a contract year to me. I hope not,but thats what it looks like.

The hype is over to me,and it time he starts getting his nose dirty again or we can do without him. His game has been gone a long time bro when its a whole season.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:18 AM
satyr9

Well you can forget 30 goals (or 30 goal pace) if he's not getting PP time (he might see some, but so far it looks like JVR gets his 2nd unit PP time and Kule plays first unit PK with McClement).

It's funny, 'cause with the shortseason and a diminished PP role he's likely going to be closer to 7 than 30 and people will lament his lack of punch, even though he might be more like the '11 version then '12 and still putting up those numbers.

satyr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Quote:

Big problem is Kulemin is what we need to play a Carlye System and he really likes him. (He had the most ice time of our forwards on Saturday.) Kulemin is just one of those guys the fan base loves and trading him only really makes sense if we can package him for a #1C.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Hologram

I would be against trading Kuli unless the package was insane. No point in selling low on a player who isn't a liability defensively.

Hologram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:23 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Yes, he may not be an offensive force but it's clear that his other assets are a key cog to the team going forward (ignoring that horrid clear during the Montreal game).

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Cor
GOAT Poster

vCash: 50
If we get Pouliot and a 1st for Kulemin and Komi we take it and run away

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
leafspring*

HOLY, i just read my posts on kulie over lol. I was a little harsh. Some times a guy has to step back i guess. He has orr,fraser,brown,phaneuf,and MacArthur right on his line wouldn't let anyone beat him up so he should play nasty like Komarov in the hitting department. Hit to hurt.

I love kulie,i'm just disappointed lately.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
There's also no way you get offered that. Stop playing NHL 13 for a few minutes and come back to reality.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:11 PM
shaner89

It seems Kulemin gets worse every game. He has zero offensive ability.

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Tak7

...^yes... let's make wide sweeping generalizations about a player's offensive abilities after one single game.

Classic Leafs Nation

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:14 PM
TheOneArmedMan

Kulemin said he knows he needs to get back on track offensively.... everyone knows the death of his close friend had a major impact on his performance.

I see him as a 25goal 45-55 point guy when paired with the right players. I expect him to start producing offensively again.... he had so many great chances last season but was just snake bitten.

TheOneArmedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
He friggin stunk against the habs,and looked like he wasn't even playing during the lockout. For a guy that was playing i expected to see some jump in his game. It wasn't there at all.

He was not alone though because Grabbo,and MacArthur stunk too. MacArthur had more jam than both,and he was the one that didn't play during the lockout. If he is that good with Malkin maybe we should ship him there if it was one of them possibilities.

Ryan Hamilton can do Kulemins job right now,and for that matter should have Browns job in reality right now. I would rather keep Kulemin,and ditch brown though. Kulemin has to be alot better,and if not by the trade deadline moving him could be a move the organization see's fit to make.

Lots of teams would want him if he plays good,but if its the Kulemin of last year,forget there being as much interest in him. Pittsburgh is better off waiting and watching as a smart way of thinking for that team. If he continues playing like he did the last bit for the leafs we don't need him.
I thought McArthur played well on Saturday, but each to his own. I agree regarding Kulemin. Good defensively and along the wall, but needs to start producing. If a good return is offered, I wouldnt lose sleep over moving him. Some guys on the Marlies like Hamilton (as you mentioned), Frattin and Ashton could do a decent job.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneArmedMan View Post
Kulemin said he knows he needs to get back on track offensively.... everyone knows the death of his close friend had a major impact on his performance.

I see him as a 25goal 45-55 point guy when paired with the right players. I expect him to start producing offensively again.... he had so many great chances last season but was just snake bitten.
Knowing it and actually doing it are two different things.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:33 PM
huge*

Send a message via MSN to huge* Send a message via Skype™ to huge*
Kuli sucks. Nothing but a 3rd liner at best

huge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
There's also no way you get offered that. Stop playing NHL 13 for a few minutes and come back to reality.
Thing is, a Pens fan just offered almost that. I'd value Tangradi at their 1st

And I just tried it, CPU doesn't accept my trade.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:42 PM
bobbyflex

Kuley lost his ballz when he got knocked out by Gleason. Just like when Schenn lost his ballz when he go destroyed by Chris Neil. And Komisarek by Lucic. It happens in hockey. Kuley's got a find a way to get his ballz back

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Jerkini

I don't know what fans expect from Kulemin when it's said repeatedly how awful he was against Montreal. It's almost baffling, actually.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote