HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sellout streak coming to an end? Many unsold tickets.. Molson starting to sweat?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:33 AM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
I'll be surprised if they sell out tomorrow's game against the Panthers...There are still a lot of side by side tickets available in the reds and whites.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Jigger77

Good. Well deserved. Hopefully it's the same everywhere.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

At around 10 PM yesterday, my friend bought 5 tickets side by side for the game against Buffalo on March 19th. We're paying 60 each.

I was surprised but I just think that people aren't ready to pay 100+ from what they saw Saturday.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Guy Germaine

BOOOORING!! That's the problem. The Canadiens are probably THE most boring team to watch in the NHL... boring ass dump and chase hockey, no creativity at all. Hiring Michel Therrien again was the stupidest move possible, and of course not having your most exciting player on ice doesn't help.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
BOOOORING!! That's the problem. The Canadiens are probably THE most boring team to watch in the NHL... boring ass dump and chase hockey, no creativity at all. Hiring Michel Therrien again was the stupidest move possible, and of course not having your most exciting player on ice doesn't help.
FOR

FRAK

SAKE

It was 1 bloody game! You already decided the system was boring?!?!

What is wrong with you ****ing fanbase?!?!

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:57 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 50
Quote:
Bet you wont find them as boring if they suddenly start to win

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
It's the players. Not that I think Therrien is/will be great, but you could put whatever coach you want out there and you'd get the same result.

We have a total of four forwards who can make a pass that's longer than five feet in Pleks, DD, Eller and Gally. And Gally, the only one who can play wing, is a rookie and is still adjusting to the speed of the NHL.

What that means is that on every one of our first three lines (save for potentially Pleks' once Gally picks up his game, which could not even happen this season - see: Stamkos, Seguin, etc.) we have one center who can actually move the puck, playing with two wingers that will cause the play to die once the puck is on their stick through either a shot from a poor location or a turnover. With this group of forwards, there will never be any puck movement that could potentially create space in the offensive zone and generate quality scoring chances. But at least we look good skating in a straight line, right?

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Guy Germaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
FOR

FRAK

SAKE

The Habs have been putting people to sleep for years now. Do what i did , and start watching other teams more often and see what exciting hockey looks like again.
Everyone knew Therrien was going to use a defensive system and if Saturday night offered a glimpse into the season, then I'll start selling Hab games to cure insomnia.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:42 AM
ppil

I wouldn't say it was boring as hockey is never boring to me, but I kind of agree that there's nothing much to be excited about...

I think that for the casual fan, you need the possibility of something special happening to bring them to come to the Bell Center. While we don't have a bad team, we have a team that might win if they stick to the game plan. Having guys use their speed to enter the zone and put pucks to the net might be effective, but it is not as noticeable as when you had Kovalev (or to some extend, Kostitsyn) going around everybody, or scoring on a crazy shot...

Sure we have guys like Price, Subban, Markov (I think we forgot about him), but it's not as noticeable as an exciting forward player... I sometime see some flash of that in Eller, but it's pretty rare... Hopefully we let Galchenyuk show us what he can do.

Don't get me wrong. I'll watch any kind of hockey, especially if the habs are playing, but I understand that for the casual fan, winning 3-1 because you scored 3 goals on rebounds in front of the net might be less attractive, especially at the price they are selling those tickets...

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:45 AM
ClasslessGuy

Just moved to Longueuil, never seen a single game at the bell center before and I just bought 7 tickets (single tickets) for 7 different game for just over 300$ (blue).

Is it like that every year? Bought that yesterday night and it was easy.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:54 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Just moved to Longueuil, never seen a single game at the bell center before and I just bought 7 tickets (single tickets) for 7 different game for just over 300$ (blue).

Is it like that every year? Bought that yesterday night and it was easy.
Nope, I remember a couple of years ago, there was such a high demand that people were waiting in a "virtual waiting room" to buy single game tickets online. If you were able to buy more than one game you considered yourself to be lucky.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:09 AM
SeriousHabs

As a proud member of Tank Nation, it would be ironic for me to part ways with my hard earn dollars to go see a team that I do not consider to be worthy of this league. The team is bad and it is not exciting. If I want to see players flick pucks off the glass and not chase, I will loop Biznasty's highlights. If I wanted to see Francis Bouillon on the PP, I'd...wait, no, I'd never want to see that.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
how can you even compare Montreal to any of those teams?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Canadiens fans are a different breed - we come from a team with the richest history in the NHL.
Just replying to this part of your posts:

The belief in the lore of the Habs' historic past is as much a problem as it it is an asset.

Living in the past, ignoring the present and the future is a comfortable blanket that people can wrap themselves up in on a cold winter night. But it does not make a so-so team into a contender.

In the meanwhile, it has been MANY years since the Habs were a real contender. Even in 89 and 93, they were not dominant teams. They were midpack teams that had some good performances when it counted, and some lucky circumstances with top teams falling short.

As long as the Habs have stop gaps that become mainstays, then the Habs will remain what they are now. READ: Petrov, Bulis, Perreault, Dykhuis, Begin, even Deharnrnais etc. (guys who step in, do a great job for the short term, but instead of the team addressing the problem, they start to believe these guys are the solution)

You need to draft right, and develop your players on and off the ice, instead of rushing them and trading them when they have a silly mis-step. But when you have fans saying that Higgins (or another, take your pick) is not Beliveau so he needs to go, then you make stop-gap moves. Stop gap moves become permanent, and then ...you get the Habs.

It ain't always easy to be a fan of the team they put on the ice. But I am a fan.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I'll be surprised if they sell out tomorrow's game against the Panthers...There are still a lot of side by side tickets available in the reds and whites.
Yesterday when I went to buy tickets, they listed the Panthers game as a sell out so either they made a mistake or released more tickets.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:23 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
As a proud member of Tank Nation, it would be ironic for me to part ways with my hard earn dollars to go see a team that I do not consider to be worthy of this league. The team is bad and it is not exciting. If I want to see players flick pucks off the glass and not chase, I will loop Biznasty's highlights. If I wanted to see Francis Bouillon on the PP, I'd...wait, no, I'd never want to see that.
That's an oxymoron.

You cannot be PROUD and be a member of Tank Nation.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
That's an oxymoron.

You cannot be PROUD and be a member of Tank Nation.
What about being a proud member of the Sasha Barkov fan club?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What about being a proud member of the Sasha Barkov fan club?
a tad better.

Just don't claim to be proud that you want your team to ****ing lose.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
FOR

FRAK

SAKE

I was on the Bruins' board earlier to laugh at the Patriots thread since I despise them nearly as much the Bruins (good 'ol shadenfreude). It got me to think about how much I dislike their fans. However, it also made me realise how I can't really stand Habs fans either. I've been on HF for 9 years and while there are many great knowledgeable people on the forum, I find myself being more and more disappointed and angry at my own fanbase as time goes by. Negative, whiny, overeacting bunch of fans?!? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Habsolument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:49 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
a tad better.

Speaking for myself only, every loss hurts my soul, little by little. There is just that silver lining when we go on really bad skids that we may get another galchenyuk, you know?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
They doubled ticket prices over the past 5-7 years when the Canadiens were hot but now with the team not being as good the IT factor is dying down and people are thinking twice about paying hundreds of dollars for this show which on a lot of nights is not even great hockey. Add to that 12$ beers, 6$ hot dogs, being bombarded with cheesy high decibal POM bread advertisements every 30 seconds, the bell centre is not a great experience most nights. $300 for a pair in the reds f that. I could go to chez serge hd tv wall to wall, crazy crowd and get ****faced for a fraction of that price.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:06 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument View Post
I was on the Bruins' board earlier to laugh at the Patriots thread since I despise them nearly as much the Bruins (good 'ol shadenfreude). It got me to think about how much I dislike their fans. However, it also made me realise how I can't really stand Habs fans either. I've been on HF for 9 years and while there are many great knowledgeable people on the forum, I find myself being more and more disappointed and angry at my own fanbase as time goes by. Negative, whiny, overeacting bunch of fans?!? Ain't nobody got time for that.
Happens with every fanbase especially when the team they cheer for is bad or plays a bad game. You make it sound like only Hab fans do that.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:10 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
a tad better.

Thanks for the advice, but I'll choose to take pride in whatever I feel like. For example, I take pride in the fact that my emotions aren't dictated by the performance of ''our'' 23 athletes vs ''their'' 23 athletes. I take pride in the fact that I know enough about hockey to realize that what ''my'' team offers is a low quality product compared to nearly all of the other teams out there.

I'd rather hope for an eventual exciting team than hope that we fluke our way to 3-2 wins in the SO after getting two lucky garbage goals in the third.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasybaseballchamp View Post
Yesterday when I went to buy tickets, they listed the Panthers game as a sell out so either they made a mistake or released more tickets.
Yup same same.
Only Jersey and Winterpegs games left lol.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:16 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
FOR

FRAK

SAKE

As far as I am concerned it was the 83rd game. Mostly the same team, just less good.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:34 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Speaking for myself only, every loss hurts my soul, little by little. There is just that silver lining when we go on really bad skids that we may get another galchenyuk, you know?
It is a silver lining, that we got to soften the horrible blow that was last season.

But it is not the prize at the end of a great performance!