HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Someone on twitter reported that our scheduled practice turned into an optional skate today. Don't know if that means anything.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Scottyb123

I don't want anything to do with Connolly.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb123 View Post
I don't want anything to do with Connolly.
I'm pretty sure we could use 10g 30a up the middle.

01-13-2013, 01:05 PM
korpedo

i think if Visentin continues to produce the way he has been, we will see him as the backup next year

Old
01-13-2013, 01:08 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Someone on twitter reported that our scheduled practice turned into an optional skate today. Don't know if that means anything.
Season cancelled again. Lol

Old
01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Carolina just made its second move, trading with the LAK for westgarth.
Sort of a lateral move. Anthony Stewart is a big body that fits the Kings' template - but he's a bit of a poor man's Penner, which is not a good thing LOL. Even more inconsistent.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:00 PM

I was bummed to see Stewart go to the Kings, I would have preferred the Coyotes to take him.

I know Montreal is just going to let Gomez ride it out until they do a compliance buyout this summer, but I wouldn't mind if the Coyotes accepted a cap dump trade from the Habs with a sweetener to get Gomez. If nothing else I wouldn't mind signing Gomez in the offseason to a reasonable project 1 year deal like Maloney does so well. Gomez fits the local market here with name value and outreach and fill a need of center depth.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
mitch27

If we can't get Lombardi or Connolly, why not grab Gomez for scraps. We need another center. If it doesn't work out we buy him out in the summer like Montreal is going to do. Seems like a move with zero risk.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
If we can't get Lombardi or Connolly, why not grab Gomez for scraps. We need another center. If it doesn't work out we buy him out in the summer like Montreal is going to do. Seems like a move with zero risk.
That's what i was thinking, but i honestly think they mean it when they say he is staying home this year lol.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:35 PM

I'm guessing Maloney made a call to the Habs about Gomez but he probably wanted them to pickup part of the salary (which is now allowed in the CBA). However, it makes more sense for teams like the Rangers (Redden), Toronto (Komisarek), and Montreal (Gomez) to wait those players out until the summer and do a buyout without cap implications. Those salaries aren't going to hold back any of those teams for the shortened season, and they have the money to burn on a buyout without giving up any assets required to dump the contracts.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:15 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd like to add him, for sure. We'd need a good playmaker, though. Maybe move Torres for a 3rd and then move two thirds and Goncharov to Toronto for Tim Connolly.

Doan-Vermette-Boedker
Korpikoski-Hanzal-Vrbata
Sullivan-Connolly-Sykora <--good playmaker and two really, really good triggermen.
Chipchura-Gordon-Moss
Bissonnette

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Klesa-Schlemko
Stone

Smith
LolBadatit
Replace Connolly with Lombardi, and we keep Torres. So same lines, just flip Moss or Chipchura and Torres

Old
01-14-2013, 01:33 AM
OOEEL

Courtesy of Sarah McLellan on twitter:

Quote:
Haven't been able to tweet much this afternoon with #Coyotes media day but this is what I've been told re: trades.

Was a deal in works the last few days and Maloney hoped to accomplish it by start of camp but it's not available anymore.

Deal could still happen but it very well may not. Very fluid time right now with teams assessing needs.

Obviously, and this isn't new, #Coyotes have defensive depth. That's their main bargaining chip.

It's also no secret this team has a need for offensive help, particularly up the middle.

But if a core piece is going to be sacrificed for that, like a Yandle, it would merit a sizable return.

Not sure why Yandle speculation is so high. He's part of core. Would take big deal to pull him out of that...just like w/ other core players
This goes along with this quote from GMDM on Bickley & MJ on Thursday. When asked if he liked the depth of the team going into the season Maloney said:

Quote:
I do, there's one little thing we'd like to do if we could pull it off prior to the season that would be great to help our forward group.
Curious to know what it was. If it's a "little thing" maybe it was a Summers/Schlemko/Stone kind of deal?

EDIT: I saw the trade rumor thread AFTER I posted this. Sorry guys :/

Last edited by OOEEL: 01-14-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old
01-14-2013, 02:59 AM
DesertDawg

The Coyotes want to improve the front line before the start of the season. It seems that teams are going to wait to see how their teams react together before making a trade. My guess is that Maloney had a trade thought out with Burke, but Nonis and Carlyle will wait until they have a chance to see how the Leafs perform and Burke was more likely to not trade for Luongo, where Nonis will keep that option open, and likely not trade a center, ATM, to the 'Yotes.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Since the trade deadline will still happen this year, maybe we can make this our official "Trade Deadline Thread?"

Old
01-18-2013, 05:27 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Since the trade deadline will still happen this year, maybe we can make this our official "Trade Deadline Thread?"
They are going to trade Iginla this season if Calgary doesn't make it right? Let's just call it right now.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
They are going to trade Iginla this season if Calgary doesn't make it right? Let's just call it right now.

We just need to start predicting trades heavily in our favor and getting at least half of us on board with them, they all seem to come to fruition.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:43 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Iginla? Wow, that would be a great pick up!

Old
01-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Jakey53

What would you guys think of Yandle for the Schenn brothers?
Phillly gets their puck moving defenseman, Coyotes get a great young shot blocker and a young physical center who I think will put up good number.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:32 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
What would you guys think of Yandle for the Schenn brothers?
Phillly gets their puck moving defenseman, Coyotes get a great young shot blocker and a young physical center who I think will put up good number.
I think it would improve the Flyers, but doesn't make the Coyotes a better team. Also it would push the Coyotes to their contract limit. The Coyotes are currently set at center and they have a solid defensive core. They do not need or want to move any of their core players at this time.
All they need at this time is to drop the puck.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I think it would improve the Flyers, but doesn't make the Coyotes a better team. Also it would push the Coyotes to their contract limit. The Coyotes are currently set at center and they have a solid defensive core. They do not need or want to move any of their core players at this time.
All they need at this time is to drop the puck.
Does this mean you like Lombardi more than Schenn? Look what happenens when Hanzal is out of the line up with injury, we get manhandled. The trades we made in the off season brought some grit, but not the talent, we need both.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:03 AM
tuxonpups

The trades we made brought players that know Tippet's system, which is arguably their most important asset in this compressed schedule. Lombardi(30) and Michalek(30) didn't cost roster players and helped mitigate the loss of FA Langkow(36) and Aucoin(39). The FA pick-ups Sullivan(38) and Moss(31) replacing Whitney(40) and Pyatt(31) are the greater unknowns on a team that relies so heavily on their system.
The fact that Maloney was able to bring in replacements that are younger in all but one case helps mitigate the rest of the roster adding a birthday.
I do see Rundblad being showcased until the trade deadline, and if we're in a good position then with ownership, looking at a talent infusion without giving up a core roster player.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:22 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Does this mean you like Lombardi more than Schenn? Look what happenens when Hanzal is out of the line up with injury, we get manhandled. The trades we made in the off season brought some grit, but not the talent, we need both.
I trust Lombardi more than Schenn and think Matt is a good fit at this moment (speed is the name of his game). The whole premise of bringing in a center, was to pair him up with either Boedker or Korpikoski with Doan or Moss on the other side. Yandle is too important to this team to even think about trading him. Especially after acquiring Lombardi. Seems to be a good balance of speed and grit.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

There are loose rumours that Yandle could be made available if the package is right.
What would appeal to you from Ottawa's org for Yandle?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:19 AM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
There are loose rumours that Yandle could be made available if the package is right.
What would appeal to you from Ottawa's org for Yandle?
Kyle Turris, just to see his face after being traded back here.

Seriously though, I'd take Michalek. I don't think we need Yandle. We're deep in promising D, and I'm convinced he had a career year 2 years ago. He'll never be worth his contract. Regardless of ownership, we'll always be in a cash strapped team and can't afford to have $ 11M / yr locked in a declining captain and an overpaid offensive d-man.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:25 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I like the way this team has been assembled, including Yandle, and I'd like to see it given a proper shot.

Closed Thread