HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 11:23 AM
  #551
Respeck
RESPECK MY NAME
 
Respeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I think Bergevin is doing the right thing. Considering that everything we hear is true (contract lenght etc.)
It would've been the "right thing" if he didn't go and sign two 3rd/4th liners to 4-year deals and sign Pacioretty to a huge long-term deal after only one really good year.

Subban, along with Price, should've been the main priority and locked up in June/July. Instead grinders and signing 50 people for the front office became priority, Subban is our best skater and there was no reason to have negotiations get to this point.

Respeck is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
  #552
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !
 
One Less Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 23,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnk View Post
Sorry, should have said that it was a speculation. Of course I can't predict what will happen. Merely speculating here.
But I figured that was clear...
Of course it was clear. The problem is that your prediction was a bit ridiculous and hysterical.

One Less Louise is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
  #553
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Anyone else impressed that there seems to be even less rumour leakage from the Bergevin administration than the Gainey/Gauthier one? KGB, indeed.
What do you mean? PK wants a $15M per year contract according to @12yearoldinsiderr
Greedy Subban!

#fireBergevinforleaks

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
  #554
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,583
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Good read. Where are these whispers about Subban's character coming from and what's been said about him?
I take those "whispers" with a grain of salt since we're in Montreal. Because there "whispers" about Ribeiro, Grabovski, A. Kostitsyn, S. Kostitsyn, Price, Latendresse, Higgins, O'Byrne...

Either we draft an inordinate number of players with attitude problems...or things get blown completely out of proportion by fans and the media.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:28 AM
  #555
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

Either we draft an inordinate number of players with attitude problems...or things get blown completely out of proportion by fans and the media.
Remember the "darkest days in Habs history" when the Anti Chambre panel was losing their minds, and Demers was crying?

Yeah, Montreal media is pretty much the equivalent of a 14 year old on facebook that posts status updates every 12 minutes, mostly composed of emo lyrics.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
  #556
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Absolutely, it really sucks but Bergevin needs to stick to his guns and not cave in
See, I hope it's not both sides digging their heels in trying to break the other. I think that's a terrible scenario. One side "sticking to their guns" is just going to drag this out even more.

If PK is insisting on a 5 year deal and it's really that important to him, sign him for a reasonable amount and move on. It's not worth having a war over. I get the idea of the 2year bridge and I can understand us trying for it but neither side should pick "a hill that they will die on."

I hope cooler heads prevail and get this over with. The longer it goes, the worse it is for both sides.

Oh and again, if the numbers on the stove are correct, MB has to smarten up. No way this guy is going to sign at 3 mil per.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
  #557
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
This is just wild speculation from Friedman who is perpetuating a myth and nothing more. He doesn't claim he has knowledge of this situation. In fact, it seems apparent he doesn't know anything about it and is just thinking there could be something. And it's always the same thing with these type of rumors concerning Subban. Nothing substantial is ever ever brought up. Only thing I can remember is Subban being messy in the locker room and not picking up some towel he had left on the ground. Yeah.....

In the mean time, Subban keeps showing up in public, tweeting, doing interviews and has yet to insert his foot into his own mouth like his teammates seem to love to do on a regular basis. I find that to be interesting to say the least and I wonder how much of the noise around Subban is really justified.
That's what I was thinking. It seems the media is always trying to make Subban seem like the bad guy but yet they never back it up with any actual facts.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
  #558
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !
 
One Less Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 23,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
See, I hope it's not both sides digging their heels in trying to break the other. I think that's a terrible scenario. One side "sticking to their guns" is just going to drag this out even more.

If PK is insisting on a 5 year deal and it's really that important to him, sign him for a reasonable amount and move on. It's not worth having a war over. I get the idea of the 2year bridge and I can understand us trying for it but neither side should pick "a hill that they will die on."

I hope cooler heads prevail and get this over with. The longer it goes, the worse it is for both sides.

Oh and again, if the numbers on the stove are correct, MB has to smarten up. No way this guy is going to sign at 3 mil per.
What's the point of a bridge contract in Subban's case ?

One Less Louise is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
  #559
belko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I take those "whispers" with a grain of salt since we're in Montreal. Because there "whispers" about Ribeiro, Grabovski, A. Kostitsyn, S. Kostitsyn, Price, Latendresse, Higgins, O'Byrne...

Either we draft an inordinate number of players with attitude problems...or things get blown completely out of proportion by fans and the media.
To be clear, I don't think PK will be traded and I wouldn't support it as we'd be unlikely to get proper value. That said, notice that only one player on your list wasn't traded at some point.

belko is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
  #560
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
What's the point of a bridge contract in Subban's case ?
Pay him 4.5 per for two years and watch him develop. I like that idea. But if it's going to be the end of the world then don't "stick to your guns" on it. Don't ruin the relationship over something like this.

He's not a 6+ million dollar player yet. So if he wants five years I"m not going to offer it to him. I'm going to offer him 5 per over 5 years or maybe a little more. If that's what he wants then fine.

And it sounded like PK would be okay with that based on what I heard on the hotstove so I don't see why this isn't already done.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:53 AM
  #561
skule123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Good read. Where are these whispers about Subban's character coming from and what's been said about him?
That part of the Friedman column gave me the Groundhog Day chills of mistakes past becoming mistakes present.

skule123 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:54 AM
  #562
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,583
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by belko View Post
To be clear, I don't think PK will be traded and I wouldn't support it as we'd be unlikely to get proper value. That said, notice that only one player on your list wasn't traded at some point.
Indeed...and I would say in probably more than half those cases, it was the wrong move.

So are we going to repeat history here or learn from our past mistakes? We'll see...

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:09 PM
  #563
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Bergevin trying to have PK sign a bridge contract at a reasonable price: FAIR

PK and his agent trying to get the best they can: UNDERSTANDABLE

No deal after more than 7 months: NO EXCUSES

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:15 PM
  #564
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
this situation is another example of the montreal canadiens and the "language " issue.when hiring our new g.m. the first critria was "does he speak french" ?it should have been "does he have the ability?i fear this will never change,and neither will the teams results.

haburger* is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:15 PM
  #565
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Bergevin trying to have PK sign a bridge contract at a reasonable price: FAIR

PK and his agent trying to get the best they can: UNDERSTANDABLE

No deal after more than 7 months: NO EXCUSES
For everything else, there's a lottery pick coming?

Maverik is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
  #566
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
this situation is another example of the montreal canadiens and the "language " issue.when hiring our new g.m. the first critria was "does he speak french" ?it should have been "does he have the ability?i fear this will never change,and neither will the teams results.
Please, don't go this route.

Bergevin is a rookie GM, first and above all..But he is well surrounded by guys with loads of experience like Dudley and Carrière.

Are the GM is Dallas and Colorado blamed because of their language because they have not signed yet their best forward, Benn and O'Reilley ?

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
  #567
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses
 
Gally and Chucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gatineau, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Remember the "darkest days in Habs history" when the Anti Chambre panel was losing their minds, and Demers was crying?

Yeah, Montreal media is pretty much the equivalent of a 14 year old on facebook that posts status updates every 12 minutes, mostly composed of emo lyrics.
I actually lol'd ! Such an accurate comparison hahaha

Gally and Chucky is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
  #568
HTTP 400
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Good read. Where are these whispers about Subban's character coming from and what's been said about him?
Well, he's probably referring to these altercations with teammates during practices (Derharnais and twice Plekanec), to the "no comment" from Markov after last season when asked to talk about Subban's progression, from Gorges quote last week and from the fact that Bergevin said "there are a few things I want to see by myslef from PK" which obviously isn't related to on-ice hockey since he can watch all the games he wants.

If these are true : either Bergevin sign him long term, signifying that PK is the face of the franchise and that those who dislike him have to leave; or he sticks to his plan of signing him on a short term, wishing that a new coach can handle the situation in a better way than Martin did.

If they aren't : give him the ****ing money Bergevin!

HTTP 400 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
  #569
capnk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Of course it was clear. The problem is that your prediction was a bit ridiculous and hysterical.
We'll see.
Hysterical? Come on.

capnk is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
  #570
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Please, don't go this route.

Bergevin is a rookie GM, first and above all..But he is well surrounded by guys with loads of experience like Dudley and Carrière.

Are the GM is Dallas and Colorado blamed because of their language because they have not signed yet their best forward, Benn and O'Reilley ?
why?is it not true?i know its a sensitive issue but it is a major factor in the habs decline lately.they dont hire the best man available and it shows.look i like mb too and understand he is a rookie but this is getting way out of control.if the canadiens owners are going to put language over ability we will be going down this road for years to come.personally i am getting tired of it.

haburger* is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:52 PM
  #571
capnk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Therrien isn't a young emotional school girl. He can separate the business side from the hockey side.

Also, the bold part is a bit hysterical. No offense but I don't think you have a future in fortune telling.
Your use of the word hysterical is a bit hysterical I think.
You bought a Subban jersey right?

capnk is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
  #572
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 500
If this drags out to a point where a trade is possible I wonder if the Bruins wouldn't make a good trading partner.


A bit unrealistic but what about PK for Horton and Hamilton? Maybe not exactly but those would be the principles involved.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:08 PM
  #573
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If this drags out to a point where a trade is possible I wonder if the Bruins wouldn't make a good trading partner.


A bit unrealistic but what about PK for Horton and Hamilton? Maybe not exactly but those would be the principles involved.
I wouldn't trade with Boston unless it involved Seguin.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
  #574
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,174
vCash: 500
this is a very interesting development.

Im shocked he hasnt been signed yet. Both sides make pertinent arguments, but in the end, its the team who suffers.

Is their an end game here?

To be honest, im happy Bergevin is standing his ground. Im sure he is under HUGE pressure to sign him. Everyone wants to see him play, he has sponsors, fans all over etc
This is a big decision for the team going forward and there has to be some bad blood growing on both sides. Does this lead to PK being dealt? I would have said never 1 month ago, now im not so sure.

The longer this drags on, the more desperate teams will be, the better the offers get, the more options Bergevin has. PK better start looking in the mirror.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:26 PM
  #575
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I wouldn't trade with Boston unless it involved Seguin.
While that would be awesome, it's even less possible than my trade proposal and that's pretty unrealistic at that.

shutehinside is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.