HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
If this is the case, what bothers me is...why single out Eller? He wasn't even the worst forward.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Yozzy

Where was Eller again last game? If he was on the third, I'd like to see him moved up, give him a shot on the second or even the first line. Spread out Patches, DD, and Cole.

Yozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:07 AM
zzoo

Don't we need stability ? We shuffle the lines already, after one loss ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
hundreddollarbill

if eller sits we riot

hundreddollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Galchenyuk - Eller - Moen is less skilled than Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher? OK.
For two major reasons: Gally at center where he is most effective, and he can bring more offense from there than Eller can (imo), and Gallagher who is a more effective winger than Galchenyuk and at this stage of development I think they will complement each other very nicely. Prust over Moen is a wash, but evidently Therrien was more impressed with Prust.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zzoo

This morning practice:
Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Erik Cole
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Ryan White - Colby Armstrong (Lars Eller en rotation)
Brendan Gallagher - Alex Galchenyuk - Brandon Prust

As for me, I'd do this:
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher (we could alternate Galchenyuk and Eller at center)
Moen - Prust - Armstrong
White

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

I wouldn't mind seeing Eller get some time on the wing.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:14 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
A lot of people complain about him on the wing but I thought he actually looked pretty good while playing left wing, it is right wing where he struggled a lot. I think he'd look a lot better playing with Plekanec and Gionta than Bourque would as I think Bourque will be more effective on the third line playing against weak competition.

Something like this would look pretty good:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Eller - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Galchenyuk - Bourque
Prust - White - Armstrong

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

First, I applaud the fact that we might be seeing Galchenyuk at center. Also, if you have a Gallagher in here, if we agree that guys that have been playing since September have somewhat of the advantage at the start, based on the fact that Gallagher brings some talent with his grit, It's great to see him getting a shot in our lineup, at least for the start of the year. So, so far, everything makes sense.

Now, Eller needs confidence. Eller does need to play to pick that confidence up if we want a good player in our hands, and if we don't want, again, to have been ridiculized in another trade. I would personnally have sit out White instead of him that's for sure. But it might be just one game. If Gallagher isn't lights out, Eller comes back. Even if Gallagher is lights out, and Whiet isn't, White comes out and Eller comes back in. So let's wait to see how this will pan out, sitting a guy for 1 game doesn't necessarily mean that he's hated or that he's a waste. But we will need to know at some point what this Eller is made of. And the sooner the better. But no biggie to this point.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:16 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I think you waste a lot of his biggest strength on the wing. That being his defensive ability.

Anyway, things will never be dull around here. Therrien will make sure of that.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Am I the only one thinking that Desharnais played like crap saturday ? I like that Gally is playing center in practice, and especially like that Gallagher is playing with him, and Prust too, but Eller playing with Blunden, that I don't like, especially since I thought he wasn't as bad as Desharnais...

But yeah, whatever helps getting a better pick...
Well, he didn't play great, but he was the best player on his line, so...

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
MXD

My take on the subject : Therrien wants to try Galchenyuk at center. Putting him on the first or the second line wouldn't be the best idea, as he's rather young and all. And it wouldn't make much sense to have him on the fourth line and plus 7 ES minutes.

So, Therrien puts him in the most logical place, that is, 3rd line C.

Both DD and Plekanec didn't play great on Saturday. But Eller didn't outplay any of them. So no reason to move Eller up.

The question : Why is Eller not play W then? I don't know...

Old
01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I think White gonna be the one who's gonna sit .

Probably just a message to Eller . He absolutely did nothing last game

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
My take on the subject : Therrien wants to try Galchenyuk at center. Putting him on the first or the second line wouldn't be the best idea, as he's rather young and all. And it wouldn't make much sense to have him on the fourth line and plus 7 ES minutes.

So, Therrien puts him in the most logical place, that is, 3rd line C.

Both DD and Plekanec didn't play great on Saturday. But Eller didn't outplay any of them. So no reason to move Eller up.

Because when he plays wing he looks completely lost out there?

It's the only reason can see why he would sit.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Am I the only one thinking that Desharnais played like crap saturday ?
No you weren't alone. He was terrible.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Because when he plays wing he looks completely lost out there?

It's the only reason can see why he would sit.
I concur, but hey, if they're already to test Galchenyuk at center... Why not test Eller at Wing?

If things don't work that well, SWITCH THEM UP mid-game.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
If this is the case, what bothers me is...why single out Eller? He wasn't even the worst forward.
Come on Andy. Who do you really sit out aside from Ryan White who is EASY to sit out? You sit out Pacioretty 'cause he was awful? Really? Not a question of who was the worst, just a question of who is easier to sit out. You won't sit out Armstrong after you keep mentioning how he's part of that new identity we have.

The "movement" we will have up front this year will be between Galchenyuk, Gallagher, White, Eller and Nokelainen. Sitting Armstrong will probably happen towards the middle or end of the year when/if he proves that he's finally totally useless.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I think White gonna be the one who's gonna sit .

Probably just a message to Eller . He absolutely did nothing last game
He was the only one to gain the zone with speed all game, and one of the best PP presences was when his line came in at the end.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Come on Andy. Who do you really sit out aside from Ryan White who is EASY to sit out? You sit out Pacioretty 'cause he was awful? Really? Not a question of who was the worst, just a question of who is easier to sit out. You won't sit out Armstrong after you keep mentioning how he's part of that new identity we have.

The "movement" we will have up front this year will be between Galchenyuk, Gallagher, White, Eller and Nokelainen. Sitting Armstrong will probably happen towards the middle or end of the year when/if he proves that he's finally totally useless.
Isn't the whole new motto of the team "no excuses"? Already there are exceptions being made as well as preferences. So the no excuses only applies to certain players?

If that is the motto, does who played bad deserve the short-end of the stick no matter who it is. This is singling out Eller when he wasn't even the worst player on the ice. I forgot that Ryan White and Armstrong were on the team that's how invisible they were. Even DD had a worse game than Eller. He's really sending the wrong kind of message here.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
The strangest thing is that while being bashed, Therrien might agree with most people in here which is to believe that Eller might be a total waste on the wings. So since you can't replace anybody on the wings aside from when Gallagher leaves, Eller takes a brake. Yet, for me Eller vs White at center....it's a no brainer. White sits for sure. Even if it's for a 4th line. You have a White at center on a 4th, you do have a crash and bang line. You add a Eller on it, you still have that crash and bang but add talent on it.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

This.

And considering bolded, you can't "send down" DD to an other line when he was the best player on his line. Even if that meant he was only below-average-to-bad, as opposed to putrid.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Andy

Like I said a week ago, It's clear that Bergevin and Therrien have already preconceived ideas of Eller and Subban, both will be on an extremely short-stick in Montreal. Reminds of the Martin-Sergei saga already.

Like you said Whitesnake, do we really want to endure another trade of young players who haven't shown what they can do?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:30 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Isn't the whole new motto of the team "no excuses"? Already there are exceptions being made as well as preferences. So the no excuses only applies to certain players?

If that is the motto, does who played bad deserve the short-end of the stick no matter who it is. This is singling out Eller when he wasn't even the worst player on the ice. I forgot that Ryan White and Armstrong were on the team that's how invisible they were.
I think WS is right. Therrien has come into this team with his favorites already picked out.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
MXD

Quote:

If that is the motto, does who played bad deserve the short-end of the stick no matter who it is. This is singling out Eller when he wasn't even the worst player on the ice. I forgot that Ryan White and Armstrong were on the team that's how invisible they were. Even DD had a worse game than Eller. He's really sending the wrong kind of message here.
Therrien has to send either Cole or Pacioretty down before sending DD down, considering DD was the best on his line.

Which would make the whole movement pointless since they'll end up playing together anyways.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Wait to see if they are still running these lines tomorrow morning.

But at this point, I'm almost wishing the lockout had wiped this season out...
Nah Therrien will be fired sooner this way

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote