HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Bills Off-Season 2013 Style (Wilson, Barnett, McGee released, T Jackson re-signed)

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 03:35 AM
Imlach a cup

vCash: 500
I think the only way the Bills end up in a position to move down in Rnd 1 is if a highly regarded D or O lineman is available. Those aren't "needs" so we could pass it up and there would be interest inthe pick. Any other situation and I just don't see where the desire to spend multiple picks to move up would come from.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:17 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
This is a weak draft. I'd be surprised if we got more than 1 quality starter out of it.

Glennon and Barkley are the only QB's even worth considering IMO.

The LB's available aren't that great either. Jones will probably be gone by the time we pick. Te'o is an idiot. Minter and Mingo are just OK.

The Bills should consider trading down.
Weary about Barkley, he screwed up his shoulder in November.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:08 AM
heartsabres*

Donīt you guys think the Bills would be a better team going after Alex Smith and drafting an OL or WR in the first round?

Old
01-20-2013, 10:36 AM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
I think the only way the Bills end up in a position to move down in Rnd 1 is if a highly regarded D or O lineman is available. Those aren't "needs" so we could pass it up and there would be interest inthe pick. Any other situation and I just don't see where the desire to spend multiple picks to move up would come from.
The only OT currently being discussed in the top 10 is Joeckel, and if he's there we would be fortunate as hell and should probably just pick him. OC and OG are historically never picked in the top 10, so there is a good chance that the best ones (Jones, Warmack) will both be available, but no team will want to trade up. However, placing a higher emphasis on interior linemen is one of the "new school" things that Marrone & co. might embrace, so I could actually see them talking Nix into Warmack. If that happened I wouldn't even be mad, as I think that our OL is decent but could be improved, and any investment in the OL pays dividends directly to our best player, Spiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Donīt you guys think the Bills would be a better team going after Alex Smith and drafting an OL or WR in the first round?
Not a huge Smith fan but I do agree with passing on QB in the first. I think it makes sense to predict that nearly every team in front of us will do the same, and nearly every team behind us doesn't need one, meaning that nearly every QB will be on the board at the beginning of round 2. Worst case, a run on QBs starts immediately in round 2 and we end up having to trade up with the Eagles, Lions, or Bengals to make sure we don't miss out. Even that might be unlikely to be necessary as the only teams we can expect to draft QB are the Jags, Chiefs, Jets, and Cards... meaning we are likely to be able to draft one of Smith, Barkley, Wilson, Glennon, or Nassib.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:55 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Or Bray and Landry Jones. Reaching for a qb at 8 will be a terrible move, praying they dont do it.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Alex Smith is a game manager. Our defense isn't good enough for him, if we ever got down by 2 touchdowns we would never be able to score enough to come back. Smith averages 1 TD pass a game. That is not good. He is an extremely poor mans version of Joe Flacco, if anyone would want Smith Id rather go all in on Joe Flacco.

I want a young blood QB. Rookies are coming in day one and playing very well. Smith got ran out in San Fran, I dont want anyone's left overs.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Husko

Smith might be good enough. Our running game is tremendous and hopefully defense will be better. Not a long-term solution, but definitely a placeholder while we develop a young QB.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
No Smith or Flacco. No reaching for a weak QB.

Go trade for Matt Flynn.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Sabreality

Julio Jones is pretty good.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Nice choke Matt Ryan, wow the NFL is rigged. Blatant pass interference missed. LOL

Old
01-20-2013, 06:26 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Nice choke Matt Ryan, wow the NFL is rigged. Blatant pass interference missed. LOL
agreed, I dont mind though im pulling for an all Harbaugh Super Bowl..

Old
01-20-2013, 06:37 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

I didn't care who won the NFC, just want the Ravens to win.

Though San Francisco winning means the Bills Rule stands for the 7th year in a row: the NFC champion beat the Bills during the regular season.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:59 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I didn't care who won the NFC, just want the Ravens to win.

Though San Francisco winning means the Bills Rule stands for the 7th year in a row: the NFC champion beat the Bills during the regular season.
That is pretty impressive. The Bills play the NFC South Next Year... Atlanta or N.O vs. the Broncos or Patriots next year?

Old
01-21-2013, 02:55 AM
johnjm22

It sure felt good watching the Patriots lose today. They seem to fall apart and get panicky late in games when things aren't going their way (unless they're playing us).

I also liked seeing Shannon Sharp take a shot a Belichick during the post game. That was nice.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:27 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:

Especially Matt Flynn.
there that looks better to me

Old
01-21-2013, 08:30 AM
whiplash

Quote:

Go trade for Matt Flynn.
You'd take Matt Flynn over Joe Flacco (not that Flacco is going to be available)? I want what you're smoking.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:56 AM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
You'd take Matt Flynn over Joe Flacco (not that Flacco is going to be available)? I want what you're smoking.
Yeah, that makes little sense.

Flacco > Smith > Flynn.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:30 AM
aceface33

Flacco just outplayed Brady on the road in the AFC Championship game, yet he is a weak QB. Ok.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:33 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Flacco just outplayed Brady on the road in the AFC Championship game, yet he is a weak QB. Ok.
Eh, Ryan Fitzpatrick outplayed Tom Brady two years ago when the Bills beat them. A head up match in a one-off game where 52 other players are involved hardly allows for any serious conclusions on how good a player is.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Spiller on ProBowl roster.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Eh, Ryan Fitzpatrick outplayed Tom Brady two years ago when the Bills beat them. A head up match in a one-off game where 52 other players are involved hardly allows for any serious conclusions on how good a player is.
So, you think Flacco is a weak QB? Or are you just looking to nitpick my point?

How about 853 yards, 8 TD and 0 INT's in three playoff games this year? That enough for you?

Old
01-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post

Joe Flacco is a top 10 QB. Ravens are probably Franchise tagging him but I'd still sign him to a mega contract and give up 2 1sts for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
So, you think Flacco is a weak QB? Or are you just looking to nitpick my point?

How about 853 yards, 8 TD and 0 INT's in three playoff games this year? That enough for you?
People have been against Flacco all year . I have been advocating for Flacco for awhile but people as recent as a month ago were saying Flacco wouldnt be an upgrade to Ryan Fitzpatrick

Flacco is the only QB in the NFL to win a playoff game his first 5 years in the NFL. Flacco is a stud, we would be so lucky to have a QB as good as him.Can't stand all the Alex Smith talk garbage, Alex Smith SUCKS. Flacco is so much better , stronger arm, more TDs just as few turnovers. I think if Flacco wins the Super Bowl this year he gets elevated above Matt Ryan and on the tier right below Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Peyton.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
ESPN showed the stats before the game...in the last 4 meetings against either Brady or Manning, Flacco has outperformed both those HOF QBs by a decent margin. That's now 5 meetings.

Flacco does have some clunkers for sure. But he can also singlehandedly win a game for you...that's what I want from our QB. I want to know that we have a chance in the 4th quarter even if the team has been sucking. I want us to steal victories we don't deserve.With Fitz...you know it's not going to happen. A guy like Flacco though...it may or may not happen, but it's at the very least a possibility. Obviously if you can get an even better QB it becomes more than just a possibility...

Old
01-21-2013, 01:34 PM
whiplash

I'm not ready to declare Flacco elite and he's certainly not the only reason they won that game yesterday but he's ****ing good. His near flawless playoffs this year has been enough for me to admit it. I don't remember ever thinking he was the same (weak) level as Fitz but I've always disliked Flacco for his inconsistency. But I can't argue with his numbers and a SB appearance this year. I'd be surprised if the Ravens beat the Niners but I'd be surprised if it was Flacco's fault they lost

Old
01-21-2013, 02:09 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Why wouldn't anyone want Flacco, dude can throw the long ball so well....

Closed Thread