HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Game Center Live/Center Ice

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 04:10 PM
  #26
banshee72
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Center ice free preview

I'm not getting any games when I turn it to the channels. Is anyone else getting the games this afternoon?

banshee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:14 PM
  #27
banshee72
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
assuming I'm not going to get to see it on Center Ice...is there someplace on line that has a live feed of the game?

banshee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:24 PM
  #28
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,081
vCash: 500
NBC is streaming it free

http://hqplayer.nbcsports.com/Player...D=65&referrer=

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:31 PM
  #29
banshee72
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Thank you for the link. Anyone getting the free Center Ice games?

banshee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:38 PM
  #30
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
I'm getting Sens- Jets on Center Ice, Directv

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:38 PM
  #31
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
I have TWC, in the Columbus area, with my feed coming out of Marysville and I am getting the Center Ice preview since I don't subscribe. OTT/WPG this aft with all the night games listed.

__________________
__________________

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:41 PM
  #32
banshee72
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
I'm in Grand Rapids MI with Charter. Can a cable company decide they dont want to play it for free? doesnt make any sense.

banshee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:42 PM
  #33
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
The plus is I'll get to watch it on tv the downside is Im most likely going to get the homer Preds announcers. Not like Davidge and Rimer are that much better

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:47 PM
  #34
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee72 View Post
I'm in Grand Rapids MI with Charter. Can a cable company decide they dont want to play it for free? doesnt make any sense.
Call em, raise hell!, maybe they don't know the lockout is over!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:48 PM
  #35
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
The plus is I'll get to watch it on tv the downside is Im most likely going to get the homer Preds announcers. Not like Davidge and Rimer are that much better
The Directv guide is showing both feeds.

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:40 PM
  #36
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
Looks like I have it. I have TW and watched Winnipeg/Ottawa. Looks like I have most of the games tonight.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:00 AM
  #37
FakePlasticJackets
Registered User
 
FakePlasticJackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SF via Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
I have had Center Ice on Comcast since I left Columbus about 10 years ago. I am flabbergasted that in the year 2013 most of the games on the package are still in low definition.

I'm surprised that they are in color.

FakePlasticJackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:11 AM
  #38
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakePlasticJackets View Post
I have had Center Ice on Comcast since I left Columbus about 10 years ago. I am flabbergasted that in the year 2013 most of the games on the package are still in low definition.

I'm surprised that they are in color.
I'm not sure how it really works but if the game is not broadcast in HD by the teams network then Direct TV or a cable company can't because they are just picking up the teams feeds. Right? Somewhere I read that it is more expensive to broadcast in HD so that is why many games are not.

On my cable system, there are two HD channels devoted to CI the rest on regular.




EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:52 AM
  #39
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I'm not sure how it really works but if the game is not broadcast in HD by the teams network then Direct TV or a cable company can't because they are just picking up the teams feeds. Right? Somewhere I read that it is more expensive to broadcast in HD so that is why many games are not.

On my cable system, there are two HD channels devoted to CI the rest on regular.



On Directv, there is an HD counterpart for every SD channel. The only game that Directv doesn't broadcast in HD are the Canadian feeds. If the Canadian team is playing an American team, the HD feed from the American channel is shown. There might be rare circumstances where the American games are not broadcast in HD but those seem very few and far between.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
  #40
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,553
vCash: 1138
Watched some of the Oilers/Canucks game last night on the ipad. Not sure if it's just been too long or what, but the quality was stunning compared to what I remember...and I don't remember it being bad, but the picture last night was just amazing. Not sure if it was the upgrade to the ipad 3 from the 1 or what. I know the 3 has better resolution, but didn't expect the content delivered from the NHL to take advantage of it.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:30 AM
  #41
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Watched some of the Oilers/Canucks game last night on the ipad. Not sure if it's just been too long or what, but the quality was stunning compared to what I remember...and I don't remember it being bad, but the picture last night was just amazing. Not sure if it was the upgrade to the ipad 3 from the 1 or what. I know the 3 has better resolution, but didn't expect the content delivered from the NHL to take advantage of it.
OT: I want to make the same upgrade, can it be done at the Apple store? In other words, do they still sell the 3, now that the 4 is out?

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:50 AM
  #42
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!
 
HoldFast13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Columbus OH
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
I signed up for GCL on my laptop and my tablet, but, maybe I'm missing something, it seems like everything I wanted to watch was blacked out. Why are games between Pens-Rangers and Pens-Flyers blacked out for Central Ohio? Last night all I could watch was Dallas-Minn and Oilers-Nucks.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:53 AM
  #43
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast13 View Post
I signed up for GCL on my laptop and my tablet, but, maybe I'm missing something, it seems like everything I wanted to watch was blacked out. Why are games between Pens-Rangers and Pens-Flyers blacked out for Central Ohio? Last night all I could watch was Dallas-Minn and Oilers-Nucks.
Any games that you can pick up on local cable you can't stream on GCL.

So since Pens-Flyers and Pens-Rangers were on NBC and NBCSN, respectively, you can't pick them up.

Same rule applies to Jackets games (if you live in Columbus)

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:05 PM
  #44
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!
 
HoldFast13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Columbus OH
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
I figured that was probably the issue. I didn't think about the CBJ games until it was too late, we decided to cut our cable 2 years ago, really no big deal since they play a mile from where I live.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:17 PM
  #45
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast13 View Post
I figured that was probably the issue. I didn't think about the CBJ games until it was too late, we decided to cut our cable 2 years ago, really no big deal since they play a mile from where I live.
If you have an android tablet, turn on GPS debugging, then grab one of the myriad GPS spoofing apps in the Google Play store. You can suddenly be thousands of miles away from Nationwide arena, and able to watch CBJ games.

I watched one game last season while at a wedding reception in Goodale Park.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:49 AM
  #46
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
So I'm down in Texas and last night was hopping around GCL and was told that Chi-StL & Montreal-FL were unavailable because they were being shown on local TV. I'm going to call later today and see what they say but I am curious if others re having similar problems?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.