HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo (LBI: Out 1 Month, No Surgery)

Old
01-20-2013, 12:12 PM
puterwiz53

vCash: 500
Bollig isn't that bad and is a big body that can create space and protection for guys like Toews and Hossa. Stalberg would be good on the 1st line if only he would learn to hit more. The Hawks were badly out hit yesterday.

puterwiz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Callidusblackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
Bollig isn't that bad and is a big body that can create space and protection for guys like Toews and Hossa. Stalberg would be good on the 1st line if only he would learn to hit more. The Hawks were badly out hit yesterday.
Get used to it... If the Hawks are playing their game they will have the puck more often than the other team and the opposing side will have more hits. I'm not in favor of putting Bollig on the first line just so he can hit people.

Callidusblackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:38 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
Further proving how very, very little hitting has to do with winning.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I don't get why people root against Carcillo. He's among my most beloved Hawks, and I hope he returns ASAP.
I find it hard to believe that you don't get why people don't like sideshows like Carcillo.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:27 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN
Carcillo out about a month. Sounds like right knee. No surgery needed. #Blackhawks

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN
Carcillo out about a month. Sounds like right knee. No surgery needed. #Blackhawks
Sure sounds like a mcl to me

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
I find it hard to believe that you don't get why people don't like sideshows like Carcillo.
You really need to learn that the NHL game is more than finesse. It's not fantasy hockey.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:38 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
John Scott was a sideshow. Carcillo is actually a skilled hockey player. People loved Burish here and he played a strikingly similar game. So does Shaw.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:42 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
This blows.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
John Scott was a sideshow. Carcillo is actually a skilled hockey player. People loved Burish here and he played a strikingly similar game. So does Shaw.
Precisely.

Though not an ideal top-six player, he did a respectable job. If he's under control, he brings (clean) physicality that we so badly need.

Cullksinikers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Cullksinikers

It also is NOT the same knee.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:55 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Hopefully he recovers fully and can stay healthy the rest of the season and into the playoffs. Glad it's nothing that requires surgery.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:41 PM
stingo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
While losing him for a month during this shortened season is rough, I'm glad it's only for a month, and not the entire season + playoffs (assuming we make it).

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
abt424

I'm amazed at how many people seem to think Carrillo has been a thug or a goon since he joined the hawks.

Is there any doubt Chicago was a better team last year prior to his injury?

I, for one, can't wait for him to get back on the ice. Hawks need him.

abt424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:07 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
You really need to learn that the NHL game is more than finesse. It's not fantasy hockey.
Sure it is: 2 points for a win, 0 points for a loss. The rest of you seem to think that hits, fight wins, faceoff wins, etc. count in the standings somehow.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:09 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Sure I liked Burish when he was here, I still didn't give a **** when he left or was out of the lineup for whatever reason.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:15 AM
w00d
Remember the Roar

Chris Kuc (Tribune) reported it's an MCL sprain on his right knee. His torn ACL was on the left knee. Huge bullet dodged for him. We'll miss him until he is back, but at least we know he'll be back.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:38 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
So glad to hear it's not super serious. Like him or hate him, he's a huge part of this team.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:58 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Now he's got 2 knees that could be problems in the future, unless bruised MCL's don't cause reoccurences to come easily. I'm not a doctor.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Now he's got 2 knees that could be problems in the future, unless bruised MCL's don't cause reoccurences to come easily. I'm not a doctor.
Hossa played on a sprained MCL in the SCF. It has not been a factor since. That's an example I can think of.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I like Carcillo. I'm a big fan of him in our line-up but I think some of you are really overestimating his 'effect' on this team. He's an okay third wheel in the top 6 and a good bottom 6er.

I don't understand why people are clamoring about how much this team will miss him when people were willing to drive Brouwer to the airport when we traded him. Brouwer was a much better 3rd wheel in the top 6 and brought just as much in the bottom 6.

Again, Carcillo is a solid player to have in our line-up and it will have an effect... but it's not going to be THAT big of a deal. I wish him a speedy recovery and I feel bad for the guy, but let's not make this into something that it's not.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
I like Carcillo. I'm a big fan of him in our line-up but I think some of you are really overestimating his 'effect' on this team. He's an okay third wheel in the top 6 and a good bottom 6er.

I don't understand why people are clamoring about how much this team will miss him when people were willing to drive Brouwer to the airport when we traded him. Brouwer was a much better 3rd wheel in the top 6 and brought just as much in the bottom 6.

Again, Carcillo is a solid player to have in our line-up and it will have an effect... but it's not going to be THAT big of a deal. I wish him a speedy recovery and I feel bad for the guy, but let's not make this into something that it's not.
Mostly because a good portion of the board seems to have taken the (fluky) co-occurence of Carcillo going out and the Hawks falling in the standings last year to be a causal relationship.
I maintain that a team has serious problems if losing a third/fourth liner causes a major drop.

Sucks for Carcillo and his grit will be missed, but it's not really that big of a deal. Definitely agree with you.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Mostly because a good portion of the board seems to have taken the (fluky) co-occurence of Carcillo going out and the Hawks falling in the standings last year to be a causal relationship.
I maintain that a team has serious problems if losing a third/fourth liner causes a major drop.

Sucks for Carcillo and his grit will be missed, but it's not really that big of a deal. Definitely agree with you.
Don't get how you can say losing a third liner didn't make a big difference when he played on the second line with Kane and Hoss every game before his injury and the team took an immediate spiral downward following his injury.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Maybe losing Carcillo had an effect... but let's be honest, if losing Carcillo to injury is the reason the Blackhawks went into a downward spiral then we had much bigger problems than losing Carcillo to injury.

He's a serviceable 3rd/4th liner... okay in a top 6 role in a pinch. But again, if Carcillo being out is going to affect our team as much as you say it is, then we have bigger problems than his injury... especially considering how many players we have in Rockford that project to play that exact same role.

Fact is, it's a team game. If a star player goes down, you need your depth players to step up. If a depth player goes down, you need your star players to step up. I think you're reading too much into our record with/without Carcillo in the line-up.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

they just don't risk anything. we have the depth to overome this

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote