HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: ...Reticulating Splines...

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Mr. T

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
I need some input from business traveler types.

I am flying to another city for a multi-day event that includes a casual business dress day and two full-on business attire days.

I am just taking one suit, 2 dress shirts for that, a pair of khakis for that stuff.

Is it legit to take a garment bag with my suit in it on the plane? I've never paid attention before, so I am not sure what the "room to hang random people's suits" situation is.

Even if that is a go, I assume my bag would be way too bulky if I stuck all the shirts in with the suit. My shirts are all freshly back from the dry cleaners and are lightly starched. Should I just pack them into my checked back last and have them on top and hope they don't get too crushed?

I'm nervous, team. This event could lead to a legit job offer and a big increase in quality of life. I must look dapper.*

*Note: I've shaved with a safety razor/double edge for years, and I find it obnoxious that I can't take razor blades still in their package as a carry-on. I can take the shaver itself, but not blades. What madness is this?
1. You can always wear it. Unless it's a long flight, then that just becomes uncomfortable.
2. Pack it up in a garment bag. Here's a pretty succinct way to fold it. http://traveltips.usatoday.com/pack-...vel-60719.html
3. F razors, grow a beard.
4. Most importantly, good luck!

Old
01-21-2013, 08:33 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

I try to find a balance. I'm non exempt so I have my base salary and I get overtime. I sign up for details when I feel like it because the money is nice, but my job stresses me the **** out so I really enjoy time off.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:40 AM
JTG

Police officer was just named one of the top 5 stressful jobs...at least that's what I was reading.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Any man who doesn't have facial hair isn't a real man.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Yeah, if you're getting bonuses then I guess that'd make up for not getting what would amount to probably a couple hundred hours of time and a half.

Overtime is the Devil though. I work more, to get more overtime, and then I have zero desire to even get out of bed when I'm not working.
Yep I feel that. I picked up a part time job a few months ago as I suspected I may be laid off later this year (turns out I was right). Anyway, I'm working anywhere from 55-70 hours a week. Since it's 2 completely different jobs it doesn't always feel like a ton of work, but when I actually have a day off I don't know what to do with myself. I've sort of forgotten what people actually do with their lives.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:31 PM
JTG

I have got to the point now, on my days off, I constantly feel like I should be doing something. Also, when you work that much, you have a ton of stuff that doesn't get done, so that 1 day, I really should be cleaning, doing laundry, and grocery shopping, but I just don't care to do it.

Right now I have half a box of cereal, a half kicked gallon of milk, a can of soup, and some frozen chicken patties in my fridge. I have not a single care to go shopping. Way too tired. This isn't mentioning, I should be looking for a new job. Don't have the desire to do that either.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Shady Machine

Yeah that is definitely true. Fortunately, my wife has been picking up the slack. Not sure how long that will last. I definitely need to get my lazy ass off the couch and do the laundry haha.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Sucks that the IRS is not accepting any returns until the 31st.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:17 PM
JTG

I haven't even got my W-2's yet.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Any man who doesn't have facial hair isn't a real man.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:46 PM
invictus

Some jobs simply do not allow for a beard.

I could have pulled off a beard for the interview if I had thought about it a few weeks ahead of time. But, if I don't shave for it at this point, I just look like a scrub.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Mr. T

Quote:

I could have pulled off a beard for the interview if I had thought about it a few weeks ahead of time. But, if I don't shave for it at this point, I just look like a scrub.
Go kill the interview, lock up the job and then let that beard grow, my good man.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Man I can't wait! It's gonna suck driving 12 hours each way but it's gonne be worth it! Going to Ottawa Saturday. Bringing the fiancée to her first ever NHL game!

01-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

If you kick the door down and hand them a cobbler they wont even notice the beard

Old
01-23-2013, 05:50 PM
66-29-33

I hate noisey neighbours! Last night the new Native family that moved in downstairs like 4 days ago were havin a party or something. Tons of yelling, laughing, TV blairing, doors slamming closed all night, aswell as a lot of banging. I had to wake up at 5AM and could not take it anymore, so i laid the BOOM foot on the floor as hard a i could. Next thing you know you hear tons of elempants running up the stairs and pounding on my door. There were 5 big Angry Natives. **** that, i ain't answering the door with how aggressive they were. Phoned the manager right after and told him what happened, now i'm still waiting for him to talk to them. I phoned at midnight, me and the roomate could not sleep till 1 (for him), and i did not sleep till 2AM. Nothing against Natives but i'm starting to see why people have problems with them. I think we are just gonna move, we went through hell with the guys upstairs and downstairs for a whikle, they moved out and now new neighbours are gonna be a hassle...they are ALWAYS loud, like holy ****, there are quiet times for a reason. If they still have all that noise going tonight, i'll ****in answer the door and give them a piece of my mind, they have been here 4 days, i have been here a year and a half and have yet to be late on rent, or cause problems with anyone.

edit- Oh right, i'm kinda bummed a little...at my job the full time position was availible and i did not get it! Now i'm stuck at 25-30 hours instead of 37 (I make $18.45 an hour), so thinking of going to college now and get into a trade to work for Dockyard. I'll stay part time at the job i'm at but also go to college, and get a job at Dockyard doing something. I like the money, and i don't wanna just "get by" in life, i wanna save up and travel or just have money for buying things like good TV's, computers, whatever i want. Perhaps get my license and a nice car or motorcycle (kawasaki ninja baby!).

Last edited by 66-29-33: 01-23-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 06:19 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
My cold is almot gone. YAY!!!!!

Old
01-24-2013, 06:53 AM
JTG

I have no idea what a neighbour is

Old
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I have no idea what a neighbour is
IIRC it's how we spell neighbor in Canada. We add a "u" before the r.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Weirdous.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Shady Machine

I've never heard someone say "the Natives" before.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

so I'm packing my truck for the move. About half way done and wanted to take a break.

Problem: I put our masterlock on the truck. The kind with a key. Apparently I put it on upside down and the key hole was blocked by the truck mechanisms.

Conclusion: Masterlocks are entirely too easy to break open. Seriously just wedged the lock open without even breaking it. I am thrilled about that because I have access to all of my stuff again. Not thrilled that anybody else who wants it does as well

Last edited by Ogrezilla: 01-24-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Weirdous.
They just try to be special with pointless letters added to non important words.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I've never heard someone say "the Natives" before.
To be politically correct we're "supposed" to say Aboriginals.

But yeah, having grown up in Timmins which is a place with a high Native population, I echo 66-29-33's annoyed sentiments. I hate to this say but alot of them are pretty rowdy (especially when intoxicated) and don't care about property or disturbing others.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

rowdy natives?! have i stepped into the preface of some lost Claude Lévi-Strauss volume?

Old
01-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Shady Machine

I love rowdy natives.

Closed Thread