HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#02 Sabres at Leafs Mon Jan 21 7:00PM ET TV: MSG-B Radio: WGR-AM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 02:44 PM
  #101
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster
 
Connor McDavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 12,727
vCash: 50

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
  #102
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,124
vCash: 500
I agree Grigs should be used on the 2nd pp unit over Foligno. The F E S line isn't really suited as a power play line.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:49 PM
  #103
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster
 
Connor McDavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 12,727
vCash: 50
It was a good start
But then, it was last year too.
Not completely sold.

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:55 PM
  #104
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,264
vCash: 500
Best of luck, both teams look pretty even on paper IMO, except for goaltending of course.

Will be a good game I hope.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:04 PM
  #105
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Best of luck, both teams look pretty even on paper IMO, except for goaltending of course.

Will be a good game I hope.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:09 PM
  #106
LGB24
Registered User
 
LGB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Best of luck, both teams look pretty even on paper IMO, except for goaltending of course.

Will be a good game I hope.
for real?

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
  #107
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,290
vCash: 500
I would take Grigs over either Foligno or Ott (goal not withstanding) on the PP. But isn't it a nice problem to have so many options for the PP?

My preferred units:
Vanek-Hodgson-Grigorenko
Ehrhoff-Pominville

Foligno/Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Leopold-Myers

Stick Grigs on the half-wall and let him work. He's also not a small guy, so he can battle along the boards to retrieve pucks if need be.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
  #108
threeVo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 500
This Ryan Miller panic about the first B2B of the season is rediculous. Goalies arent like skaters who need games to get into game shape. Miller is a pro, he kept himself in the gym and has a focus like none of us do. Hes rested and will handle this just fine.

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:12 PM
  #109
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeVo View Post
This Ryan Miller panic about the first B2B of the season is rediculous. Goalies arent like skaters who need games to get into game shape. Miller is a pro, he kept himself in the gym and has a focus like none of us do. Hes rested and will handle this just fine.
First 2 games of the season...if there was ever a back-to-back you'd expect your top goalie to take, this is it.

I would like to see Enroth in one of the Carolina games.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:16 PM
  #110
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,280
vCash: 500
Meh. It's goaltenders, and Lindy Ruff. No matter what schedule they actually play, someone will grouse about it.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
  #111
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out
 
ManuelCalavera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeVo View Post
This Ryan Miller panic about the first B2B of the season is rediculous. Goalies arent like skaters who need games to get into game shape. Miller is a pro, he kept himself in the gym and has a focus like none of us do. Hes rested and will handle this just fine.
Yeah, playing goal is a piece of cake. They don't have to be well conditioned or anything (what, at most, their on the ice for 59 minutes a night!), and their flexibility definitely wouldn't diminish if they aren't in game shape. And Miller's focus has never been questioned, amiright!?

ManuelCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
  #112
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS
 
start winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 9,109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I would take Grigs over either Foligno or Ott (goal not withstanding) on the PP. But isn't it a nice problem to have so many options for the PP?

My preferred units:
Vanek-Hodgson-Grigorenko
Ehrhoff-Pominville

Foligno/Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Leopold-Myers

Stick Grigs on the half-wall and let him work. He's also not a small guy, so he can battle along the boards to retrieve pucks if need be.
Or bump Ott onto the first power play and put Grigs on the second one with Ennis and Stafford. Makes no sense in not putting one of our most talented players on the power play.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
  #113
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Not worth its own thread, but does anyone know if they replaced Roy's A? I haven't noticed. Last season Pominville was captain with Roy, Stafford, and Vanek wearing the A's. All that remains the same, except Roy is gone. Are there just two A's now?

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:27 PM
  #114
threeVo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuelCalavera View Post
Yeah, playing goal is a piece of cake. They don't have to be well conditioned or anything (what, at most, their on the ice for 59 minutes a night!), and their flexibility definitely wouldn't diminish if they aren't in game shape. And Miller's focus has never been questioned, amiright!?
You dont need to playing to keep yourself flexible, how does playing a game vs working out to stay flexible make any difference? It isnt getting adjusted to game speed like skaters do, thats impossible to replicate, goalies can work technique on the ice, in their living room, or at the gym. I said he kept himself in the gym and Im sure he was on the ice plenty. Rest is best for goalies and right now hes very rested. I would take his focus at 75% over mine any day. There is a reason hes where hes at...

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:29 PM
  #115
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Sweet...will 1 account work on multiple devices? I have iphone/ipad/roku/ps3.
Yes. It works on all of those things and as far as I know you can use it on more than one of those devices at the same time so long as you're in the same location. For example, if you try splitting it with a friend in different locations, I'm pretty sure that will be blocked.

Personally I've only used it on 360 and computers so far. 360 app works really well, and I've found that you can replay games immediately even though you're not supposed to be able to do it for 24 hours for out-of-market games and 48 hours for in-market games. I just re-watched yesterday's Sabres game through 360 even though it (as per the rules) won't let me through the web version. Not sure if that 'workaround' exists on the ps3 and other apps but it sure is nice.


Last edited by Paxon: 01-21-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
  #116
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Or bump Ott onto the first power play and put Grigs on the second one with Ennis and Stafford. Makes no sense in not putting one of our most talented players on the power play.
I think Grigs and Ennis should be on different units TBH. They both have incredible vision and are great when they have the puck...this way they both get to handle it more. I feel like they'd get in each other's way if they were together. Then again, I could be way off here too.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:33 PM
  #117
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I would take Grigs over either Foligno or Ott (goal not withstanding) on the PP. But isn't it a nice problem to have so many options for the PP?

My preferred units:
Vanek-Hodgson-Grigorenko
Ehrhoff-Pominville

Foligno/Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Leopold-Myers

Stick Grigs on the half-wall and let him work. He's also not a small guy, so he can battle along the boards to retrieve pucks if need be.
I'd take Foligno out before Ott. Ott showed he's more than capable of making a good pass as well as digging out the puck on the PP, nevermind that nice shot he got off.

I agree that FES in of itself is not a good PP line because it thrives in transition, and the transition opportunities are completely different in PP situations. You need more puck possession. Ott gives you that, Leino can give you that when he's back, even Hecht can. I'm not saying Foligno can't be a solid 2nd unit PP guy in time but I don't think he should be getting the nod just because FES did so well at the end of last season, and really that's why he is. Grigorenko should be getting at least SOME PP looks from this game forward and Ott, imo, should remain getting some time.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:09 PM
  #118
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,718
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeVo View Post
This Ryan Miller panic about the first B2B of the season is rediculous. Goalies arent like skaters who need games to get into game shape. Miller is a pro, he kept himself in the gym and has a focus like none of us do. Hes rested and will handle this just fine.
It's little more than laying the groundwork for the in-game and post-game narratives if they lose and Miller gives up 3 or more. It won't be the quality of the goals. It won't be poor team defense. It won't be Miller simply not making saves he can make. It won't be the offense not creating enough. Nope, it'll be the decision to play Miller in the second of a back-to-back.

I'm trying to stay out of the GDT's this year when we play Toronto, Boston, Philly, and our rivals. It quickly turns into a cesspool when we're losing.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
  #119
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS
 
start winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 9,109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
It's little more than laying the groundwork for the in-game and post-game narratives if they lose and Miller gives up 3 or more. It won't be the quality of the goals. It won't be poor team defense. It won't be Miller simply not making saves he can make. It won't be the offense not creating enough. Nope, it'll be the decision to play Miller in the second of a back-to-back.

I'm trying to stay out of the GDT's this year when we play Toronto, Boston, Philly, and our rivals. It quickly turns into a cesspool when we're losing.
Yeah but if we're winning it's great!

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
  #120
Presten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Berlin
Country: Norway
Posts: 219
vCash: 445
Instant man-crush on Ott. Gonna be fun to watch the jukebox again, that guy is a ....ing hit-machine!

Presten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:34 PM
  #121
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 11,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Not worth its own thread, but does anyone know if they replaced Roy's A? I haven't noticed. Last season Pominville was captain with Roy, Stafford, and Vanek wearing the A's. All that remains the same, except Roy is gone. Are there just two A's now?
Last year Goose and Roy rotated with Vanek and Stafford. Now it's just Vanek and Staff with the A's.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
  #122
bandit614
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Anyone know what channel this is gonna be on in Buffalo on Time Warner Cable? Last year the games were on channel 700 but I don't seem to be getting this channel right now.

bandit614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
  #123
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Hope to see you all in chat.

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:03 PM
  #124
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Just remembered this is Toronto's home opener, they can do long ceremonies sometimes..are we thinking more like a 7:20 puck drop?

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
  #125
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Just remembered this is Toronto's home opener, they can do long ceremonies sometimes..are we thinking more like a 7:20 puck drop?
Woodhouse said earlier in the thread that puck drop is scheduled for somewhere in the 7:20's

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.