HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Center Ice

View Poll Results: Did you buy the CenterIce package at the deep discount?
Yes, I'm a puppet just like you, it was too good of an offer 18 47.37%
No, I don't care enough/F. Bettman/Fehr 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-19-2013, 03:31 PM
gravey9

vCash: 500
So, this is potentially a big problem. I live in LA (not that part). NHL Center Ice on Directv is showing the local Kings v Hawks on local NBC. But there's NO way of seeing Flyers/Penguins that is on the east coast NBC. None. If this keeps up, and they turn the NBC GOTW into a regional thing - I could miss at least 4 Rangers games in this already shortened season (despite having Center Ice!) This has never been a problem before. The NHL can't seriously be doing this right after a lockout can they???

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
all this with only one game currently being streamed with GCL, imagine tonight when its a full slate.
Ya if they are not showing many games tonight I definitely don't plan on buying it. I don't care if NBC is also showing chi/la, it is not an east coast game I should be able to see it on GCL.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:44 PM
duffman1183

at least for today nbc is showing both games on their site http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/229395...?ns=sports-nhl

hopefully if this comes up again in the future they'll do the same

duffman1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:48 PM
gravey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman1183 View Post
at least for today nbc is showing both games on their site http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/229395...?ns=sports-nhl

hopefully if this comes up again in the future they'll do the same
i do not want to watch the games on my computer. i want to dvr the games and watch on my tv. that's why i have the center ice package. so, i really hope this is not their permanent solution. or some way to get people to buy game center.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:56 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
Ya Center Ice for Verizon Fios is showing Jets/Sens in HD, but I don't understand why they are not also showing LA/Chi?

There are 10+ channels listed as NHL center ice but they are only showing one game. Anyone know why this is? Is it because it's a free preview atm?

On a side note it's listed as 49.99 for the entire season, which seems like a good deal.
I don't think they ever show the "other" national (Saturday) game on anything other than NBC, iirc. Blacked out except for the region it's in.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:02 PM
jniklast

This is ridiculous. First day of the season and it simply doesn't work...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Vinny

working for me in the Netherlands, I am watching Kings - Blackhawks on ESPN America on tv and the Flyers - Penguins game on GCL.

Edit: Flyers - Penguins game is awesome, looks like a Playoff game, this is nothing near a game #1 of a season Every check is being made and finished + just seen a class move from Giroux, Almost a goal, only the haircut from this stud is making him look like Harry Potter.

I Hope Rangers start it off the same tonight!!!

Last edited by Vinny: 01-19-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:14 PM
gravey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I don't think they ever show the "other" national (Saturday) game on anything other than NBC, iirc. Blacked out except for the region it's in.
then only program 1 game.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:46 PM
PanMan

Is there a free preview for GameCenter Live this year??

PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
It just works for me.. hoping that it will work when the rangers game starts, too

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:11 PM
jniklast

Kings-Hawks was blacked out for me, so I guess the Rangers game will be too as it's on ESPN America as well...

Old
01-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Kings-Hawks was blacked out for me, so I guess the Rangers game will be too as it's on ESPN America as well...
Where are you located at the moment ? (I see that your flag is German on the left)

Old
01-19-2013, 05:19 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realize View Post
Where are you located at the moment ? (I see that your flag is German on the left)
Yeah, Germany. Could've been just technical problems (loading was veeeeery slow) but I tried a couple of times and it said it was blacked out in my area.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:48 PM
rangers5000

what is gamecenter, is it the channel that appears at the start of the center ice package that shows all the current scores and channels they are on

or is it a type of app

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:03 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
what is gamecenter, is it the channel that appears at the start of the center ice package that shows all the current scores and channels they are on

or is it a type of app
http://gamecenter.nhl.com/

Old
01-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Problematique

Can anybody get this ***** working on the ipad? I keep getting NHL GAMECENTER screens up?

Piece of trash league, why would you not forecast server and device problems on opening night after recent events transpired?

Last edited by Problematique: 01-19-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Problematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:57 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

I haven't been able to watch GCL on neither my Xbox nor my iPad. I'm surprised that the NHL didn't tune the servers for this night. I think it's a free preview right now, so there's probably an overload of people using the service.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:20 PM
bubba5

Is it on ps3 yet?

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Realize

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Is it on ps3 yet?
Not yet, and I did not find a date when it will be released
(will be June .. my general luck)

Old
01-22-2013, 04:10 AM
tomcatNYR

It's very easy to get around the blackout restrictions with some stuff that I'm not gonna talk about here, but it does suck for us in Germany.

I have basic cable + Sky (Welt, Film, Sport, Bundesliga) but the Sky package doesn't include ESPN America for Kabel Deutschland (Niedersachsen) customers. Instead, all Kabel Deutschland customers have to buy the KABEL KOMFORT PLUS HD PREMIUM SUPER PACKAGE for 29,90 euros / month to get ESPN America + 1500 useless channels like "The Poker Channel" or 20 different Turkish news channels. Not in a million years am I gonna do that.

The GameCenter serves its purpose, although the iPhone app is total garbage and I hope they fix it asap. For someone who can't watch videos on the work CPU, I rely on my iPhone and would love to watch the highlights at work on the iPhone.

tomcatNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Problematique

Quote:
Not yet, and I did not find a date when it will be released
(will be June .. my general luck)
Surely it'd be in the coming weeks. It only came out a day or two before the season start for the Xbox. Will the app be free for gamecenter subscribers? I think I read you had to pay an additional fee for it back in 2010?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:50 AM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatNYR View Post
It's very easy to get around the blackout restrictions with some stuff that I'm not gonna talk about here, but it does suck for us in Germany.

I have basic cable + Sky (Welt, Film, Sport, Bundesliga) but the Sky package doesn't include ESPN America for Kabel Deutschland (Niedersachsen) customers. Instead, all Kabel Deutschland customers have to buy the KABEL KOMFORT PLUS HD PREMIUM SUPER PACKAGE for 29,90 euros / month to get ESPN America + 1500 useless channels like "The Poker Channel" or 20 different Turkish news channels. Not in a million years am I gonna do that.

The GameCenter serves its purpose, although the iPhone app is total garbage and I hope they fix it asap. For someone who can't watch videos on the work CPU, I rely on my iPhone and would love to watch the highlights at work on the iPhone.
Yep it's really easy to get around. I don't have hd cable being that I don't really watch much T.V. I live in the same building as my landlord and I split the cable off of his line so I get what he gets. Gamecenter on the xbox looks fantastic and it's great to be able to watch the Rangers in HD. Standard def looked horrible.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Realize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Problematique View Post
Surely it'd be in the coming weeks. It only came out a day or two before the season start for the Xbox. Will the app be free for gamecenter subscribers? I think I read you had to pay an additional fee for it back in 2010?
In 2011 - the app costed 10 or 20 for non PS Plus members.
Don't know about this year.

Even if the app will be released, the quality is much better when you're streaming from the notebook via HDMI to the TV. Used to do this last year and I will do this for the whole season this year.
The only thing worth would be if the quality over PS3 will be as good as over TV.

So comparing to last years situation, the PS3 was not worth downloading.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Problematique

Quote:
In 2011 - the app costed 10 or 20 for non PS Plus members.
Don't know about this year.

Even if the app will be released, the quality is much better when you're streaming from the notebook via HDMI to the TV. Used to do this last year and I will do this for the whole season this year.
The only thing worth would be if the quality over PS3 will be as good as over TV.

So comparing to last years situation, the PS3 was not worth downloading.
I tried this for the first time yesterday, for some reason the quality becomes blurry as it's upscaled from a macbook pro to a 40" sharp LCD.
The tv plays HD shows fine, I'm not sure where I'm going wrong..

Old
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I thought GCL and NHL Center ice were free until the 31st...its not working for me

Giglio NYR15 is online now   Reply With Quote