HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Old
01-21-2013, 02:10 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
While those pairings look better...
It just gives credance to the idea that once Subban is in, Diaz is out, unless he really wants to play Subban with Bouillon on what would be the first pairing, thus, 22 mins for Bouillon.

If anything, with Subban back, Kaberle should be out, and Diaz should be the fixture with Bouillon on the 3rd line. I certainly don't want a Diaz/Kaberle pairing other than on the power play.
Ugh, I never thought of that.

Way to kill my happiness. ****ing Bouillon.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Pleks was solid defensively.. offensively he didn't do much more than Gionta.

Bourque looked fantastic in all three zones.
Was bourque really that good? Maybe I didn't look close enough. Enough people seem to be saying it, I'll have to give you guys the benefit of the doubt.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:26 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
no he wasn't. Plekanec wasn't even bad. It's hard to praise anyone except Carey after that game (maybe Prust too), but the Pleks line was the only one that looked ready to play. The snowshower thing is a joke (first game, not even a real snowshoer, wow NHL, wow). Didn't they score on THAT PP? We were missing out best PK guys who until then had done pretty well. But in that game itself, Plekanec>>>DD (cuz the latter was awful, he'll come around).
Please, they barely played with the puck, no one had a scoring chance before Gio's goal.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Please, they barely played with the puck, no one had a scoring chance before Gio's goal.
I believe Galchenyuk had a decent scoring chance in the first but his shot was blocked. Not much other than that so I see your point.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Relax guys.

Therrien only wants to see how Galchenyuk play at center in the NHL, before sending him down to Sarnia, and they want to give a game to Gallagher.

And to the people that keeps saying that Eller has nobody to play with, well, it's not like we have to depth of a good team... Is Eller better than Desharnais or Plekanec? No. So, he has to play with third liner, because Eller can't play winger. If he could, he would be on second line. So Eller is the victim of his non-versality. If he could play wings, he would play with better players.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I believe Galchenyuk had a decent scoring chance in the first but his shot was blocked. Not much other than that so I see your point.
Nah, it got to Scrivens. It was a very awkward save though.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Was bourque really that good? Maybe I didn't look close enough. Enough people seem to be saying it, I'll have to give you guys the benefit of the doubt.
If you compare it to last year, he was. Other than that, he seemed to have good legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Relax guys.

Therrien only wants to see how Galchenyuk play at center in the NHL, before sending him down to Sarnia, and they want to give a game to Gallagher.

And to the people that keeps saying that Eller has nobody to play with, well, it's not like we have to depth of a good team... Is Eller better than Desharnais or Plekanec? No. So, he has to play with third liner, because Eller can't play winger. If he could, he would be on second line. So Eller is the victim of his non-versality. If he could play wings, he would play with better players.
This screams move DD to the wing.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Nah, it got to Scrivens. It was a very awkward save though.
Wasn't 100% sure on that, thought it had been partially blocked/deflected.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Top Corner2

Eller was terrible in that 1st game.....

benching or not he has to play better...

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:04 PM
vipergtx18*

Pathetic

vipergtx18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Shaby23

I would bench White and put Eller on the wing with Galch and Gal. The 4th line would be Moen/Prust/Armstrong.

Last edited by Shaby23: 01-21-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
I wouls bench White and put Eller on the wing with Galch and Gal. The 4th line would be Moen/Prust/Armstrong.
White brings more grit/tougness than Eller, so with Therrien's approach grit guys will never be scratched.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think it has more to do with how bad he was last year. The same can be said of Kaberle.
Nobody really stood out except for Price making some highlight reel saves.

This was a first game though, under a new coach/system, without a camp. So, can't jump to conclusions yet, but nobody was impressive. Actually, if this was game 20, it probably would have been one of the most boring To vs Mtl game I've seen.
Even the 4th line was overrated. People were so craving guys like that so now it's all over the map. It is refreshing, but they didn't impress me at all. Nobody did.
It was some sloppy hockey. Lots of work to do.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
This is BS.

Whole team was trash. Don't bench and damage an important piece of the teams morale this early in the season.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:49 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
I would bench White and put Eller on the wing with Galch and Gal. The 4th line would be Moen/Prust/Armstrong.
Problem would be we would have no right hand faceoff man.

White went 4/5 last game, so if anyone maybe Armstrong sits.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Therrien wants to give 3rd line duties to Prust. Prust – Galchenyuk – Gallagher... it would be fun to watch!

Back to the op...

Nothing is official yet but if Therrien decides to sit Eller, it would allow him to see Gallagher (huge fan; we badly need his speed) in action and Galchenyuk at C. I am a fan of Eller (though I consider him as a winger: mild case of tunnel vision, poor in the faceoff circle, a natural tendency to drive the net vs feeding his wingers...) but, just like Leblanc, he needs to step his game up a notch.

One thing is sure: some posters in here are acting as if Eller has no flaw. Big time.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

Therrien is an idiot. should scapegoat guys that deserve it more. fortunately bergevin was watching the practice, and MT is only
signed for rest of this year and next

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Did I say they were great or anything? They were the only real threats which were VERY few and the point is that they looked like they were ready for an NHL game as opposed to the first line who have done most of their skating for RDS promos, it seems. Pleks, Gally and Gio had energy and quickness (well...more of it). Gio DID get the goal and it was an important one considering you can score with that much time remaining (although I believe Gally had been moved down). Patches looked like he'd never handled a puck before, couldn't stay on his skates. Cole was rusty BUT remember how long it took him last year to find his game? (And he still scored that much!) Same for DD.

Eller played just fine. Opening night, not worried. Pissed cuz I had to deal with the jeering from leaf fans (who have now as expected, grossly overrated their team), but I'm not worried. PK deal needs to happen by the end of the week though, which I realize has a good chance of not happening.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Therrien is an idiot. should scapegoat guys that deserve it more. fortunately bergevin was watching the practice, and MT is only
signed for rest of this year and next
3-year contract, brah.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:57 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Wasn't 100% sure on that, thought it had been partially blocked/deflected.
Not only did it get to Scrivens, but the awkward save resulted in a plump rebound (Scrivens thought he had it, but didn't, and was just standing up, so it was a golden opportunity) - great shot by Gally.

Another chance they had was when Gally looked like he was going to shoot and then dropped it back to Gio who was not expecting it. There was a good screen so would have been a decent chance. Would still like to see Pleks-Gally-Gio a couple more times.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Therrien wants to give 3rd line duties to Prust. Prust – Galchenyuk – Gallagher... it would be fun to watch!

Back to the op...

Nothing is official yet but if Therrien decides to sit Eller, it would allow him to see Gallagher (huge fan; we badly need his speed) in action and Galchenyuk at C. I am a fan of Eller (though I consider him as a winger: mild case of tunnel vision, poor in the faceoff circle, a natural tendency to drive the net vs feeding his wingers...) but, just like Leblanc, he needs to step his game up a notch.

One thing is sure: some posters in here are acting as if Eller has no flaw. Big time.
Eller has flaws. He has alot of flaws. But he also has potential, alot of potential.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I think I miss the CBA talks more than watching/reading/listening to the fans' panic about every move made by the team...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Eller has flaws. He has alot of flaws. But he also has potential, alot of potential.
Just in case I gave you the wrong impression: I agree.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
He was threatened before the season even started. And now possibly benched after 1 garbage game. This was already planned out...Not the way to treat a future piece of this team.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

I don't understand why Therrien would make change to his trio, everything was perfect saturday

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote