HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Brick City
Ignore me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One7nine View Post
Okay, here's a strange one. Devils had to mail me printed tickets for first six games because there is some kind of problem with my online account on ticketmasters side that hasn't been resolved yet. So today UPS comes with the envelope with the tickets but I still haven't received my STH package yet.
They probably overnighted your tickets due to their importance. I'm pretty sure the STH packages were sent via a non-overnight service.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

I'm really getting frustrated here.. I spoke with someone Friday and didn't hear back all weekend (despite them saying they'd be working) and now I can't get a response to the email I sent this morning. Can't get through on the phones either. They're playing a new message that says their priority is getting everyone their tickets for tomorrow, yet the next line is about how fans need to print their tickets.. Ok so if everyone is printing their tix, save a few people with account issues, then why are they unable to respond to email or phone calls all day?

Old
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
NjDevsRR

Because they are extremely busy? Hence the two automated messages.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
I'm really getting frustrated here.. I spoke with someone Friday and didn't hear back all weekend (despite them saying they'd be working) and now I can't get a response to the email I sent this morning. Can't get through on the phones either. They're playing a new message that says their priority is getting everyone their tickets for tomorrow, yet the next line is about how fans need to print their tickets.. Ok so if everyone is printing their tix, save a few people with account issues, then why are they unable to respond to email or phone calls all day?
I have been hearing that the size of the staff is significantly lower than it used to be last year for example. I'm sure they are getting a lot of calls/emails about a few different issues, and probably getting those in high volume. Fewer account reps probably makes it tough to get through such volume. That may not be the (only) cause, but I'm sure that's contributing to it.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I have been hearing that the size of the staff is significantly lower than it used to be last year for example. I'm sure they are getting a lot of calls/emails about a few different issues, and probably getting those in high volume. Fewer account reps probably makes it tough to get through such volume. That may not be the (only) cause, but I'm sure that's contributing to it.
Not sure why they did not have a plan in place to hire more people once the lockout ended.

It's not a good idea to piss off your loyal season ticket holder base.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Not sure why they did not have a plan in place to hire more people once the lockout ended.

It's not a good idea to piss off your loyal season ticket holder base.
Easier said than done. Hiring during the lockout wasn't very feasible. And you can only start interviewing, hiring, training, and then utilizing staff so fast once a lockout ends.

And on top of that, it probably was never by design to have this few account reps. I've been told that a few of them just left for other opportunities (be it in the off-season, during the lockout, whatever). Happens all the time in the sports industry because it general pays less than comparable jobs in other industries. Its not like this could have been avoided entirely and the team dropped the ball. Basically, **** happens and the timing/confusion coming out of the lockout burned them a bit. That's it.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:59 PM
FLEX225

Send a message via AIM to FLEX225
Without going into too much detail as I promised Eric, he did explain to me that it's a numbers situation and that they're working until, some of them, 2am to handle everything and everyone. He explained it to me fully and I understood completely. It really is an issue of numbers unfortunately.

You also have to account for the fact that about 90% of humanity is ****ing retarded and they "don't know why my tickets haven't come and it's a day before the opener!"

Old
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Yeah I mean I definitely understand that they are busy but going by their own voicemail, they're busy making sure everyone gets their home opener tickets that fans are printing off their own computers?

I'm just frustrated that I spoke with someone Friday and made it clear that I needed an answer by Monday night. I left my # and was told I'd get a call. It's pretty apparent that I'm not getting a call or email response today

Old
01-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Yeah I mean I definitely understand that they are busy but going by their own email, they're busy making sure everyone gets their home opener tickets that fans are printing off their own computers?

I'm just frustrated that I spoke with someone Friday and made it clear that I needed an answer by Monday night. I left my # and was told I'd get a call. It's pretty apparent that I'm not getting a call or email response today
You would be amazed at the number of people that have problems logging into their account and clicking print on their tickets for tomorrow night. And not because of any technical problem, but because of user related errors. Not everyone is too computer savvy, or easy to walk through this kind of stuff. Unfortunately, they do have to deal with every one of those issues, regardless of how simple it should be. I can attest to it being quite time consuming, as I've had to do so with people for free tickets for STH events a few years back on an internship. I was only fielding calls on the specific event(s) coming up and I was swamped in the days leading up to an event. When you're talking about thousands of STH and issues related to your home opener... it is a HUGE undertaking.

Best suggestion: call again today. If you've just been sitting around waiting all day (and haven't reached out since Friday), its a good idea to try to reach out one more time. In that case, its not being pushy or causing any problems. While I doubt they have forgotten about you, the simple reminder helps, especially if they realize your problem is one that can be addressed relatively quickly. If you have already called today, then maybe don't reach out again. But if its been a few days, reach out, be proactive about the situation, and you have a better shot at it being resolved.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Dead

Quote:
Anyone else have an issue when accepting tickets that have been forwarded? I sold my pair to a future game on StubHub and when I clicked Accept in the email the page had an error. When I tried clicking again it said the tickets had been printed.. Called the team and they said Friday that they may have to leave tickets at Will Call. Haven't heard anything since, but I need this tickets returned to my account or I lose a pretty big sale. Wtf, why can't they just put it back in my account?
I have the same issue, even with printing tickets. I have not gotten a reply to my message either.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
One7nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick City View Post
They probably overnighted your tickets due to their importance. I'm pretty sure the STH packages were sent via a non-overnight service.
Tickets were sent ground as were STH packages, like I said earlier my two neighbors got theirs on Friday. It's no big deal the package will come eventually just pointing out that it's funny that my neighbors got theirs and I didn't.

I can personally confirm that these guys are working all hours to get all this stuff done. The department that handles this stuff in a week, just hang in there and enjoy the games.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:37 PM
xdl1

I've been as annoyed as ever throughout this process with all the issues I've been having. Having gotten furious and escalated one of my issues, I will tell you they are working as many hours as humanly possible. They are just in a rough spot that was almost inevitable.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Thankfully the buyer on StubHub just agreed to delay delivery until Friday. The team should be able to handle my issue by then, right?

I wouldn't mind so much but my brother moved so I'm solely on the hook for these tickets and I happened to get a very nice return on this game

Old
01-21-2013, 03:48 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
I just hope they don't have any issues with the scanners tomorrow the way they did first game of the playoffs last year

Old
01-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I just hope they don't have any issues with the scanners tomorrow the way they did first game of the playoffs last year
I did not have an issue the night you reference.
But,
a number of things can go wrong tomorrow night.

scanner issues or people printing out duplicate tickets which show up invalid.
aramark issues with Food & Beverage cards (if anyone actually has them yet?) and the STH 20% merchandise at the DD store.
aramark issues in general causing longer than necessary lines at concession stands.
not enough giveaway pucks for all fans on the way out.
anything else?

Old
01-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I did not have an issue the night you reference.
But,
a number of things can go wrong tomorrow night.

scanner issues or people printing out duplicate tickets which show up invalid.
aramark issues with Food & Beverage cards (if anyone actually has them yet?) and the STH 20% merchandise at the DD store.
aramark issues in general causing longer than necessary lines at concession stands.
not enough giveaway pucks for all fans on the way out.
anything else?
Losing to the Flyers

Old
01-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Losing to the Flyers
We can't blame the ticket/sales/marketing offices for that, if it sadly happens-again.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:27 PM
aero8279

has anyone received the sth letter today? looks like it isn't happening for me today. not a huge deal since i can't make the game tomorrow but it is getting annoying to not have it.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

You still haven't gotten the e-mail, or are you referring to the package through UPS?

Old
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
aero8279

Quote:
You still haven't gotten the e-mail, or are you referring to the package through UPS?
Package through ups. Emails I finally get after it taking almost a year.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Well join the club, many of us still haven't gotten it either. It would be nice to have it in hand tomorrow so I can at least use the f/b card a little.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:59 PM
NjDevsRR

Speaking of scanner problems, the majority of stubhub tickets for Saturdays game on the Island did not scan and there was a massive line to get new tickets. It took so long that they decided just to let everyone in without scanning. It was a mess.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:12 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

And guess what...I FINALLY got my package this very second At least UPS does work today.

And I got the ice cream suite, for a Flyer game no less (2/16)...finally get to sit in a suite for a game!

Old
01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
aero8279

Quote:
And guess what...I FINALLY got my package this very second At least UPS does work today.

And I got the ice cream suite, for a Flyer game no less (2/16)...finally get to sit in a suite for a game!
Congrats on actually getting the package and the ice cream social. I had it last year and had a great time. When we got there there were cookies and brownies waiting along with programs and some fake alumni autographs. Was great to have all the desserts etc.. throughout that game.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:

Congrats!

Was the F&B card included in the packet-and what are the free game choices and kids free game choices?

Closed Thread