HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Center Ice & Gamecenter Live Q&A Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
dsi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niet View Post
It is likely your internet. Your computer specs are way beyond what you would need.
I have a 35Mbps connection with Rogers, although maybe there was a lot of load on the servers too. I never got any connection lag or stoppages though. The other thing was outputting the high quality video to a 1080p tv resolution.. I tried decreasing the resolution to the tv but that barely made a difference.

dsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

I watch whatever on TV and then run GCL on the laptop to watch whatever game(s) look interesting. It's great. Or if I'm on my computer I can watch a game on the 2nd monitor.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

************* for me. don't have cable so center ice not really an option.

feeds were great for Philly/Pitt and Edm/Van, watching on ipad off wifi network.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:52 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Any word on when the PS3 version of Gamecenter is coming out?
I have Xbox 360 but don't have the wireless attachment for xbox live so I gotta use that damn Sony machine.

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
With the NHL's exclusivity deals, CI/Gamecenter just isn't worth the money.
Agreed. My girlfriend just bought it for $50 so she could watch games on her Xbox since she doesn't have cable. I told her it would be fine and just assumed you could watch all the games. What a stupid mistake by me...

I don't endorse it, but we managed to salvage the $50.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:24 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 326
Quote:
Its only $50 to watch every televised game essentially. Thats a bargain. To put that in perspective. I bought 2 medium pizza's, 10 wings and a 2L pop from Pizza Hut rang me $50+ tip.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:26 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Its only $50 to watch every televised game essentially. Thats a bargain. To put that in perspective. I bought 2 medium pizza's, 10 wings and a 2L pop from Pizza Hut rang me $50+ tip.
You won't get all the televised games. You will find plenty of them are blacked out. If I am paying to watch the games, I want to watch the games I want to watch. Not the ones the NHL and their cable partners have decided I can watch.

Edit: Just noticed your country. It might be a good deal for you, but it certainly wouldn't be a good deal for me living in Edmonton.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 326
Quote:
You won't get all the televised games. You will find plenty of them are blacked out. If I am paying to watch the games, I want to watch the games I want to watch. Not the ones the NHL and their cable partners have decided I can watch.

Edit: Just noticed your country. It might be a good deal for you, but it certainly wouldn't be a good deal for me living in Edmonton.
I live in Edmonton lol. I've had it for the last 3 years rarely have I had a game blacked out and never an Avalanche game except last year against CBJ but that game wasnt telvised anywhere.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:33 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
I live in Edmonton lol. I've had it for the last 3 years rarely have I had a game blacked out and never an Avalanche game except last year against CBJ but that game wasnt telvised anywhere.
Do you use a proxy? Everyone else I know that tried Gamecenter has blackout problems.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:53 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

I live close to winnipeg, if Oilers are playing at the same time as the jets is the oilers game gonna be blacked out on gamecenter?

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Dr Beinfest

Okay so I have not a clue what's going on.

I am a GameCenter subscriber and I have been for two years. I live in Orlando, FL. I am a Florida Panthers fan. The NHL and the TV markets acknowledge my territory as Tampa Bay Lightning territory. The Lightning are what shows on TV. I have had this service for two years prior to this season.

I am currently being blacked out for Florida Panthers games. When I checked to see if any territories had changed, nothing did. I entered my zip code on the website and it clearly acknowledged my zone as being blacked out for Tampa Bay Lightning only. The Florida Panthers do not show on TV here.

Here's where things get really messed up --

I try to call their 866 number. Dead line. I try to call their 407 international number (oddly enough... that's an Orlando number)... dead line. It has been a dead line for four days. I have called every day, on both numbers.

I have sent two emails. One on Thursday, and one on Sunday. Neither have been responded to. I have already paid for my service, and I am not getting it. I have no way to contact them because their phones don't work and they wont answer my emails.

I feel like I'm genuinely being conned right now. It's frustrating.

Oh, also, the app for NHL GameCenter on my XBOX 360 will not open, let alone let me sign in. It just says it can't connect to the internet. Which, oddly enough, everything else in my house connects just fine. Including everything on my XBOX 360.

Last edited by Dr Beinfest: 01-21-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Kid Dynamite
5 14 6 1

vCash: 1576
I bought gamecenter and I am loving it. For anyone having blackout problems I suggest Hotspot shield or a VPN if you are on a pc. I was able to watch both the Calgary game and Oilers game from Calgary with Gamecenter. I use Hotspot shield (you can google how to get rid of ads from the free version, was fairly easy.) I couldn't take the choppyness and poor quality from other online streams anymore.

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:52 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
I tried it last year, and way too many games were blacked out. Like the poster above, I was able to get a refund thankfully.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
BestPlayerAvailable
RIP Ed Snider

Quote:
It's only 50 bucks, and is worth every penny IMO.

BestPlayerAvailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:22 PM
smackdaddy
All Aboard

So people realize that Centre Ice and GCL are for out of market fans, right? That you won't be able to watch teams that are in your territory?

I'm in BC with Centre Ice and I get every NHL game except Canuck games. Like, every game. I'm watching so much hockey it's awesome.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So people realize that Centre Ice and GCL are for out of market fans, right? That you won't be able to watch teams that are in your territory?

I'm in BC with Centre Ice and I get every NHL game except Canuck games. Like, every game. I'm watching so much hockey it's awesome.
Which is great for out of market fans. For in market fans that don't want to pay outrageous cable fees, the options are far more limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
It's only 50 bucks, and is worth every penny IMO.
Not for fans that live in the same city as their favourite team.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:03 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
Game Center works great on my PC, but my Xbox 360 streaming leaves a bit to be desired. It keep having to buffer every 5 minutes or so. Really annoying.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:18 AM
ToothlessAggression

Does GCL work in Asia? I'm going to Hong Kong, Singapore and the Philippines. Assuming I can watch it there I'm guessing blackouts won't be an issue?

ToothlessAggression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:59 AM
BFDBFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothlessAggression View Post
Does GCL work in Asia? I'm going to Hong Kong, Singapore and the Philippines. Assuming I can watch it there I'm guessing blackouts won't be an issue?
Works just great here in Jakarta, and this country has some of the worst internet connections in Asia. My 2Mb connection (which, by the way, costs $75/month) is adequate enough for me to stream games live at the 800kbps quality rate. That's not ideal, I know, but I'll take what I can get.

And, of course, nothing is blacked out, since I've put my 'home' as Indonesia.

BFDBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Alawishis
...so anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi View Post
I used Gamecenter Live last night by connecting my laptop through HDMI to the tv. The problem was I was getting a lot of dropped frames. My Internet connection is cable and very fast, there were no connection troubles, so I was thinking it was probably the CPU on my laptop not being able to catch up (3rd generation Intel i5 with HD 4000 graphics) or the amount of RAM (6GB)? Anyone with same issue?

You were using your laptop, would I be correct in assuming you used a wireless connection to your router? If so that could be the issue. Wireless can be good one minute and slow the next, especially if you're still sitting on the default channels your router was shipped with.

Alawishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
Found a Xbox steaming fix, rewind like 20 seconds so it has more tolerance if the streaming stalls.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Pochiro
too many losing

vCash: 50
anybody else not getting gamecenter oilers game?

Pochiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:08 PM
smokersarejokers

Are you in Canada? The game is on TSN, so it's blacked out across Canada.

smokersarejokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:52 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Sorry, thought this was the main board thread. My bad.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Satan
never meant

vCash: 69
Just get Ultrasurf and you'll be able to catch blackedout games.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote