HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 04:07 PM
  #151
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 500
Lines should be :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - DD - Cole
Moen - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Dumont/White - Armstrong

Plekanec line VS 1st line
Eller Line VS 2nd line
DD line VS 3rd line

If Therrien thinks DD can face top opposition night in and night out, the Habs are in for a long ass year. On the other hand, Plekanec will have a field day vs weaker opp.

bcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
  #152
Beatnik
Registered User
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,637
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
I would not mind to see Eller sit a game to have Gallager in and Galchenyuk at C.

We have only 5 games to evaluate Galchenyuk and we looked so slow in the first game.

I'll be mad if Eller is not back in the line-up in the 3rd game tho. Alternance is ok but to put a young talented players in the dog house after one game would be ridiculous. I don't really trust Therrien with that kind of player.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
  #153
Impossible Glory
Registered User
 
Impossible Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I think I miss the CBA talks more than watching/reading/listening to the fans' panic about every move made by the team...


Anyway, it looks like the previous coaches might have ruined Eller's vision in a way. I strongly insist on the might, but it's still a possibility. I remember that in his first year, his passes were decent-to-good, but often they wouldn't get to the players he was playing with. He anticipated the play much better that the scrubs with no hockey sense at all he played with at the time, so on some occasion it looked like he totally missed a pass when it was the winger who should of got it. After that, he kept the puck and began to shot more often. He surely never had a great vision, but how the coaches handled him might have affected his game a lot.

Obviously, he should be more involved in the play and go harder to the net in order to succeed. Still a lot of work to be done, but he has a lot of talent. Let's just hope that our new coach gives him some (at least) decent wingers at some point or puts him on the wing with skilled players for a somewhat extended period of time.

Impossible Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:31 PM
  #154
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Like I said a week ago, It's clear that Bergevin and Therrien have already preconceived ideas of Eller and Subban, both will be on an extremely short-stick in Montreal. Reminds of the Martin-Sergei saga already.
Terrible.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:33 PM
  #155
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
For the person who said it's 3 coaches who couldn't work with Eller...that is false. Martin spoke highly of Eller and spoke well of his progression. He said that he has the potential to be an excellent two-way forward in the mold of Bolland (he also mentioned Jordon Staal, thought that won't happen). Martin also recognized his progression and said that Eller would get more responsibilities as his game developed. So it is false to say Eller wasn't working with previous coaches.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
  #156
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
For the person who said it's 3 coaches who couldn't work with Eller...that is false. Martin spoke highly of Eller and spoke well of his progression. He said that he has the potential to be an excellent two-way forward in the mold of Bolland (he also mentioned Jordon Staal, thought that won't happen). Martin also recognized his progression and said that Eller would get more responsibilities as his game developed. So it is false to say Eller wasn't working with previous coaches.
True and to be fair anybody who would classify Cunneyworth era as ''coaching'' would be wrong .

I would be pissed of if Therrien bench Eller, I mean I was worried when I saw Moen, Eller and Diaz getting low icetime and Bouillon 22 minutes in the first game, but I hope I'm wrong and it's just a warning to fire up his ass. That would plain be an error of management, Eller is already a hard working two way center, he just need some icetime and linemates and you will see the guy getting at the next level.

If there is a guy who would deserve to sit after last game it's Bouillon.


Last edited by Forsead: 01-21-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:46 PM
  #157
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
Lol Sit Eller not the same **** over again, sit Moen, White, Armstrong, but not Eller we need him.

I like Gallagher on the 3rd line with galchenyuk but i also want Eller on this line not freakin Moen or not Prust.


Last edited by Dharvey33: 01-21-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:50 PM
  #158
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Is that the same guy that had 16 goals last year playing 8 minutes per game?

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
  #159
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
True and to be fair anybody who would classify Cunneyworth era as ''coaching'' would be wrong .

I would be pissed of if Therrien bench Eller, I mean I was worried when I saw Moen, Eller and Diaz getting low icetime and Bouillon 22 minutes in the first game, but I hope I'm wrong and it's just a warning to fire up his ass. That would plain be an error of management, Eller is already a hard working two way center, he just need some icetime and linemates and you will see the guy getting at the next level.

If there is a guy who would deserve to sit after last game it's Bouillon.

Kaberle deserves to sit before Bouillon.

Bouillon needs to play 15-16 MAX, though.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
  #160
Charon
Registered User
 
Charon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
I completely agree with Therrien that Eller needs to take his game to the next level. He is simply too inconsistent. He goes from showing flashes of stick handling brilliance (seldomly) to being completely invisible (often). He's not winning enough battles on the forecheck either. He is generally decent in the defensive zone, but his offensive game needs to be stepped up.

If Therrien wants to get Gallagher in the lineup, I think that Eller or White are the options for sitting.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:09 PM
  #161
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
Is that the same guy that had 16 goals last year playing 8 minutes per game?
He also had 12 assists in spite of having Rene Bourque on his line during the second half of the season.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:20 PM
  #162
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 50
Eller played terrible last game he sits this one out to see if Gallagher and Galchenyuk can spark some plays alongside Prust who will protect the line and help the rookies stay away from injuries... BIG DEAL! There's no pre-season to be able to do this kind of thing with no consequences, get over it Eller will come back more prepared he's been struggling with consistency ever since he came to be a hab he's young and has a lot to learn and hopefully have a bright future, this may shake him up and make him realize it's now or never.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:22 PM
  #163
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Kaberle deserves to sit before Bouillon.

Bouillon needs to play 15-16 MAX, though.
Kaberle could not chase guys in the D zone last game because he was too slow, and he couldn't even keep the puck inside the end zone or receive a pass.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
  #164
King Kovalev
Registered User
 
King Kovalev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Poland
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
I hope he sits for a game or two see what Galchenyuk can do at C. Eller just doesn't do anyhting well, he's just kinda there on the ice not doing anything wrong but he also sure doesn't provide anything to the team, completly useless 80% of the time.

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
  #165
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Singling out Eller when the whole team played bad in the ONLY game Therrien's has seen this roster play is just dumb. Given Therrien's comments before the season it's clear he doesn't think highly of Eller.

There are many more players that deserved to get benched over him. It's just plain stupidity. No pre-season is not an excuse. The ****ing season has started, **** counts now. How can there be consistency is ONE game. It's not like it's been 10 consecutive games under Therrien that Eller has been flat. He player Eller 13 minutes in a game in which he wasn't even the worst player. Cole, DD, Pacioretty, White, Armstrong all played worse than him. Hell I even forgot we had White and Armstrong playing that night...they did nothing.

It's the same crap in Montreal all the time...the coach puts his ideology and favorites before everyone else. The player is put in a position to look bad, we trade him at his lowest value and they succeed elsewhere. The same ****. Rinse and Repeat.

I guess with Andrei and Gomez gone, Eller will be the new scapegoat.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
  #166
Stasis
Mad Decent
 
Stasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FrmNYC-InMTL
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
I really don't get the Eller love. I never have. Not trying to be insulting but there's just nothing real exciting there yet, and there's been little progress.

You guys have some great kids to focus on, that I'm very envious of, but he ain't one of 'em.

I wish him all the best, it's not like I hope he busts or anything... but yeah, I do watch Habs games a lot and I'm just not seeing it =/

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
  #167
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Eller played terrible last game he sits this one out to see if Gallagher and Galchenyuk can spark some plays alongside Prust who will protect the line and help the rookies stay away from injuries... BIG DEAL! There's no pre-season to be able to do this kind of thing with no consequences, get over it Eller will come back more prepared he's been struggling with consistency ever since he came to be a hab he's young and has a lot to learn and hopefully have a bright future, this may shake him up and make him realize it's now or never.
Wait what? Eller played terrible last game? Is he the only player that played terrible? That's ridiculous. I'm a Therrien fan but ffs, the whole team played like crap and Eller was not the worst. Pacioretty, Cole, Plekanec were all atrocious. But no, why not bench a promising young player after one game.

That's why this team will never succeed.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:31 PM
  #168
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Singling out Eller when the whole team played bad in the ONLY game Therrien's has seen this roster play is just dumb. Given Therrien's comments before the season it's clear he doesn't think highly of Eller.

There are many more players that deserved to get benched over him. It's just plain stupidity. No pre-season is not an excuse. How can there be consistency is ONE game. It's not like it's been 10 consecutive games under Therrien that Eller has been flat. He player Eller 13 minutes in a game in which he wasn't even the worst player. Cole, DD, Pacioretty, White, Armstrong all played worse than him. Hell I even forgot we had White and Armstrong playing that night...they did nothing.

It's the same crap in Montreal all the time...the coach puts his ideology and favorites before everyone else. The player is put in a position to look bad, we trade him at his lowest value and they succeed elsewhere. The same ****. Rinse and Repeat.
Look Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Gionta didn't work out last game. Galchenyuk tried his best but it's obvious he's not going to be anywhere near he could be with all the pressure around him. Therrien needs a second line who's going to be confident so he brought Bourque back who showed some initiative with the puck last game.

He's gonna give the rookies a shot but they won't be putting up big numbers but he's trying out to see if Galchenyuk and Gallagher can get some chemistry going. He also needs a 4th line but sadly there's no room for Eller there. I quite frankly prefer him sitting this one out than to see him put numbers on the 4th line.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:31 PM
  #169
King Kovalev
Registered User
 
King Kovalev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Poland
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
Is that the same guy that had 16 goals last year playing 8 minutes per game?
What? More like 16+

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:35 PM
  #170
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
Wait what? Eller played terrible last game? Is he the only player that played terrible? That's ridiculous. I'm a Therrien fan but ffs, the whole team played like crap and Eller was not the worst. Pacioretty, Cole, Plekanec were all atrocious. But no, why not bench a promising young player after one game.

That's why this team will never succeed.
The team was terrible but Eller made a truly awful play on the 2 on 1 by stopping and passing the puck directly at the opposing D, that pass would of aborted the 2 on 1 anyways and he should of skated and take a shot. Eller needs a little wake up call and needs to become more consistent and skate a little more.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:35 PM
  #171
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Look Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Gionta didn't work out last game. Galchenyuk tried his best but it's obvious he's not going to be anywhere near he could be with all the pressure around him. Therrien needs a second line who's going to be confident so he brought Bourque back who showed some initiative with the puck last game.

He's gonna give the rookies a shot but they won't be putting up big numbers but he's trying out to see if Galchenyuk and Gallagher can get some chemistry going. He also needs a 4th line but sadly there's no room for Eller there. I quite frankly prefer him sitting this one out than to see him put numbers on the 4th line.
The 4th line did nothing last game. Therrien can easily bench White put Moen down on the 4th, keep Eller in the lineup and still have a "tough" 4th line. It's just complete nonsense.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:38 PM
  #172
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
It's kind of funny how everyone has a different idea which players were terrible in the past game. Probably because the whole team was awful, so everyone wants their own scapegoat.

Though I think we can all agree Cole and Pacioretty were the worst.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:43 PM
  #173
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The 4th line did nothing last game. Therrien can easily bench White put Moen down on the 4th, keep Eller in the lineup and still have a "tough" 4th line. It's just complete nonsense.
I don't think Eller can be on a line and have the line still called 'tough'. Eller has a lot energy when he gives his 100% and he can body check, but why have him for 6-9mins in the game if a guy like White will fulfill the 4th line role much better.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
  #174
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The team was terrible but Eller made a truly awful play on the 2 on 1 by stopping and passing the puck directly at the opposing D, that pass would of aborted the 2 on 1 anyways and he should of skated and take a shot. Eller needs a little wake up call and needs to become more consistent and skate a little more.
LOL, now I heard it all. He did a bad play on a 2 on 1, so lets bench him? Love that thinking. Plekanec missed a poke check in the 2nd period, lets bench him.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:46 PM
  #175
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,185
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
LOL, now I heard it all. He did a bad play on a 2 on 1, so lets bench him? Love that thinking. Plekanec missed a poke check in the 2nd period, lets bench him.
No that's not what I'm saying, what I'm saying is that Eller showed nothing good last game plus he made a god awful play on the 2 on 1.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.