HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Johny Drama

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
For those suggesting Gardiner + Kulemin + for Duchene... are you nuts? Yes he is young and has great potential, but so does Gardiner. And Kulemin is a SOLID player who is needed on any cup contending team. AND you think we need to add more? Hell no, I'd pass.

But I would love Duchene in between Kessel and Lupul.
Nuts?
Thats the price a top line centre is going to cost and Duchene is exactly that.
Most folk would hate trading Gardiner, but Reilly may soften the blow. Unless Kulemin turns things around completely this year, he is replaceble with Frattin.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Johny Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Orpik is exactly what we need - however, if Komisarek is actually as good as he looked on Saturday, we may not need to worry.

I imagine that Pittsburgh would ask for Kulemin.
I think most teams in the league would love to grab Orpik if he is available, but I just can't see Pitt trading him. Their defence looked really suspect in last year's playoffs and is probably the best defensive defenceman they have.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Johny Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Agreed.

Nonis is a very patient man and we wont see any movement unless we get a clear picture with what Carlyle is working with.

Thus my suggestion that nothing is worth noting other than simple discussion.

I truly hope that Komisarek rebounds under Carlyle and he plays a simple, steady and phyiscal game where he plays up to expectations. Carlyle is going to give Komisarek that chance with selective minutes and PK time.

Randy has told his defensive core to "play simple", and with the cast that he is working with (Holzer, Kostka, Fraser, Komisarek), he could get the best bang for his buck with that advice leading us to not needing to make many moves and watching Scrivens/Reimer put up much better numbers and feel more comfortable.

Wilson preached mobility and skating the puck out of problems, where as Randy is demanding we collapse hard infront and just get the damn puck to the outside and along the wall and falling back into line.

I can see this really working with the likes of the 4 listed above.
A lot of chatter on here and in media that we didnt really look that good on Saturday, more so the Habs were rubbish. I was actually fairly impressed with how we played defensively as a unit, especially the blueline. Still need to get a bit more nasty in the crease area, IMO, but I thought all of our defencemen kept it pretty simple and all played well. Komisarek looks like he may benefit the most from Carlyle's system.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Cool Hand Luke

Gunnarsson, Bozak and Ashton for O'Reilly. Perfect fit between Lupul and Kessel.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

grabo for ROR

Old
01-21-2013, 04:48 PM
dimi78

[QUOTE=ChuckWoods;58013863]Agreed.

Nonis is a very patient man and we wont see any movement unless we get a clear picture with what Carlyle is working with.

Thus my suggestion that nothing is worth noting other than simple discussion.

I truly hope that Komisarek rebounds under Carlyle and he plays a simple, steady and phyiscal game where he plays up to expectations. Carlyle is going to give Komisarek that chance with selective minutes and PK time.

Randy has told his defensive core to "play simple", and with the cast that he is working with (Holzer, Kostka, Fraser, Komisarek), he could get the best bang for his buck with that advice leading us to not needing to make many moves and watching Scrivens/Reimer put up much better numbers and feel more comfortable.

Wilson preached mobility and skating the puck out of problems, where as Randy is demanding we collapse hard infront and just get the damn puck to the outside and along the wall and falling back into line.

I can see this really working with the likes of the 4 listed above.[/
QUOTE]

Sorry but Wilson didn't preach anything like that. In fact almost everything Carlyle has said to the media about defensive play, defensive zone coverage, compete level (WHICH WILSON BENCHED KESSEL TWICE FOR THAT) is the same damn things Wilson preached.

At times last season the team played exactly how Carlyle is saying he wants the team to play now for Wilson, they went an entire month collapsing, playing solid D keeping teams to the perimeter and that dreaded PK gave up zero goals the whole month. The Key was GOALTENDING Gustavsson was sharp and had 4 shutouts virtually eliminated those soft goals and perimeter goals that plagued both Gus and especially Reimer when he came back from his concussion.

Why did the Leafs play solid D vs Montreal? Scrivens didn't allow a single puck where it went through him, he constantly made the first save and that's a must if the team in front is going to concentrate on proper positioning, boxing guys out, active sticks etc...

This total BS rhetoric about Wilson and the so called run & gun pay no attention to D is absurd. The teams strength was SPEED so they used it off the rush which is no different to what Carlyle wants. Wilson preached to keep skating what did Carlyle say was the issue in the 3rd? They stopped skating... Sorry for the rant but It's getting old all this Wilson bashing when his tenure here was not successful not because of his coaching and the lack of D... It was doomed cause of the lack of goaltending which if it's not fixed Carlyle will suffer the same results.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
every team that has a player that gets 80 points or more is an "A" or a "C". WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
The C and even the A are expected to deal with the referees on a regular basis. They are the on-ice designated reps that referee is suppose to deal with.

Additionally the C and to a certain extent even the As are suppose to deal with the media and as we all know Toronto isn't like most hockey markets.

Knowing these two requirements do those sound like roles Kessel is comfortable with?

Kessel is an elite scorer who has performed admirably. If Kessel is a top 10 scorer without an A. I'll take that every day of the week.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Sorry but Wilson didn't preach anything like that. In fact almost everything Carlyle has said to the media about defensive play, defensive zone coverage, compete level (WHICH WILSON BENCHED KESSEL TWICE FOR THAT) is the same damn things Wilson preached.

At times last season the team played exactly how Carlyle is saying he wants the team to play now for Wilson, they went an entire month collapsing, playing solid D keeping teams to the perimeter and that dreaded PK gave up zero goals the whole month. The Key was GOALTENDING Gustavsson was sharp and had 4 shutouts virtually eliminated those soft goals and perimeter goals that plagued both Gus and especially Reimer when he came back from his concussion.

Why did the Leafs play solid D vs Montreal? Scrivens didn't allow a single puck where it went through him, he constantly made the first save and that's a must if the team in front is going to concentrate on proper positioning, boxing guys out, active sticks etc...

This total BS rhetoric about Wilson and the so called run & gun pay no attention to D is absurd. The teams strength was SPEED so they used it off the rush which is no different to what Carlyle wants. Wilson preached to keep skating what did Carlyle say was the issue in the 3rd? They stopped skating... Sorry for the rant but It's getting old all this Wilson bashing when his tenure here was not successful not because of his coaching and the lack of D... It was doomed cause of the lack of goaltending which if it's not fixed Carlyle will suffer the same results.
Doesn't this entire rant stray from its original point and effort?

I understand what you were trying to prove in the fact that Wilson didn't preach a run and gun system, and I agree that is not what he was preaching.

But the outlet system and defensive zone structure between the two coaches are generally different. Whether or not that translates in game with players under pressure is what is going to make this team or not.

Carlyle's system is better suited for the defensive core that they have currently. I don't believe I ever said Wilson didn't pay attention to detail on the defensive end, I dont believe I ever said Carlyle doesn't tell his team to skate, I just suggested he had other idea's as to how to break out of the defensive zone.

As far as Scrivens goes, yes he didn't let any first shots through, but the fact that his defensive core was there to clean up the pucks he absorbed so well should be a kudos to the defensive positioning and simplicity of their efforts. You caught onto that, which is absolutely correct. Good for you, but that wasn't my point nor did it warrant this sort of return.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
We drastically overrate Frattin. He's been pretty bad for the Marlies this year.

Could be fatigue, but who knows.
I agree this fanbase has been overrating Frattin or not realistic about what Frattin brings to the table.

I don't ever see him as an ideal 2nd line offensive winger who gets PP time. I've always seen him as a guy with a bit of an edge who is hard to knock off the puck that has a very heavy shot that can develop an edge to his game but will always have a bit of tunnel vision to just plow through to the net that limits him from ever putting up big points.

If he develops as I hope he'll be a very ideal 3rd liner who can play as the # 4 winger in a pinch.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
grabo for ROR
that deal = Lateral movement

we need to parley a FEW players for 1 good player

Old
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
Gunnarsson, Bozak and Ashton for O'Reilly. Perfect fit between Lupul and Kessel.
This is a HUGE overpayment IMHO

More like Bozak + Ashton + Gysbers

Old
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
that deal = Lateral movement

we need to parley a FEW players for 1 good player
C. Wilson just scored a beaut for Nashville and has looked good so far early in the game... would love to target a guy like that. Price would be steep though.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:29 PM
KlattNazty

Cant see this at all happening, but what happened if CBJ offered us Johansen and Murray for Kessel right now.

Do we do it? Do they?

Old
01-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Get a real GM

vCash: 283
We say no.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:33 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
Cant see this at all happening, but what happened if CBJ offered us Johansen and Murray for Kessel right now.

Do we do it? Do they?
Meh, I pass. Johansen is no lock for top line duties and Murray carries risk. Need more sure-thing prospects to get the conversation started.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Platinum Seat Leafs

Clearly we are Retooling not rebuilding with the long term singing of Lupul this will be the team for the next 5 years all they need to do now is retool and add some young players

Old
01-21-2013, 06:26 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
For those suggesting Gardiner + Kulemin + for Duchene... are you nuts? Yes he is young and has great potential, but so does Gardiner. And Kulemin is a SOLID player who is needed on any cup contending team. AND you think we need to add more? Hell no, I'd pass.

But I would love Duchene in between Kessel and Lupul.
Put yourself in Colorado's shoes. You have Duchene. How much is it going to take to pry him away from you?

It would be Gards + Kulemin + .

Don't kid yourself.

And Why wouldn't you give up that price? Sure Kulemin could be a solid piece of a champion but we'll never get close to being a champion if we don't get a #1C.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:45 PM
darrylsittler27

We know we aren't tanking.

Lupul = leadership for the young players.We aren't rebuilding and we wont be trading young players for vets.As last nights game vs Edm shows,Luongo can't guarantee anything.Wow,what a mess Gillis will have soon.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:49 PM
darrylsittler27

I like Duschene's potential.

But he isn't a lock yet and the price is too high.Grabo for O'Reilly makes more sense,then wait for free agency or other.I think O'Reilly may have dug himself a hole with Colorado.

Why would I make this trade? O'Reilly is 21 and we are years away from contending yet.Of course, Col. may not like my idea.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:

Overpayment? I'd do the previous trade in a heartbeat, as for your offer, take the blue and white glasses off.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:

Lol what kinda offer is that ?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Lol what kinda offer is that ?
It's a good offer if the goal is to get the Avs to block Nonis. It's a bad offer if the goal is to get O'Reilly.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Badger Mayhew*

Quote:

lmao

Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

grabo & kulimun

trade to pitts

what can we get back?

start with sutter +++

kulimun looks like he wants out of here, maybe to join his friend malkin. take his other friend with him

Old
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
NYjetsTOleafs
I'm Your Pushaaaa

Quote:
trade to pitts

what can we get back?

start with sutter +++

kulimun looks like he wants out of here, maybe to join his friend malkin. take his other friend with him
I hate your posts I am sorry.
KULEMIN NOT HOWEVER YOU SPELT IT

and no Grabo isn't going anywhere soon sorry to say and you won't get much out of Kuli now the way he is playing at least until the deadline.

Closed Thread