HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL thread: Esks in camp

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Good, but not unexpected.

I sure hope Joseph is released too. But I expect Kavis's buddy gets to stick around as long as he wants to. After all, why make decisions based on play when you can do it based on who you like hanging out with?
At least you can be assured Ray can't win anything in Toronto.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Joseph will be sticking around. Reed likes him too much as a coach/player hybrid.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:10 PM
MoneyGuy

I was pretty sure that Jyles would not return this season - more than 90% sure, which is about the same chance that Joseph WILL be back (Kavis loves the guy, partly for his dressing-room presence and his mentor-ship with the kids). A month ago I expected the Esks to offer a trade to the Lions for the rights to Reilly, but that was before NFL interest was expressed, so that may have cooled their interest (in a trade anyway). I think there is a solid chance that Reilly will be here. I doubt they have a lot of interest in McPherson but do have considerable interest in a neg-list QB.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:11 PM
MoneyGuy

On another front, Danny M is rumoured to be new head coach in Montreal. Am I the only one laughing at that?

Old
01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Well, he does have a Grey Cup title and he's been having success at the Université de Montréal with the Carabins. With Popp as GM he won't be able to muck up their roster.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Well, he does have a Grey Cup title and he's been having success at the Université de Montréal with the Carabins. With Popp as GM he won't be able to muck up their roster.
Pfft, his best credentials are his ability to speak French, plus he's a local guy. The GC title was nothing he contributed to in a big way. In fact, they won despite the guy.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I'm not defending his Eskimo tenure but... I guess it makes sense that the Als are interested?

Last edited by Moonlapse Vertigo: 01-21-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Joseph will be sticking around. Reed likes him too much as a coach/player hybrid.
And with the impressive record he led the Esks to over the 2nd half of the season after being named starter, who can blame Kavis for keeping his friend around?

I am most definitely not getting season tickets this year. I fully expect Joseph to start games so long as he's an option for Kavis, and I will not be paying to watch that.

I hope Hervey can work some magic and regain my faith, cause right now, I see a long time at the bottom for the Esks. The Tillman hiring took care of that. Excellent plant Sask.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Kyle McMahon

If we passed on Cortez to keep Crandell around, just burn the stadium down and fold the franchise.

Will laugh my ass off if Montreal hires Maciocia. They unleashed that scourge on the league, they can enjoy his "talents" for a while. Popp seems to intelligent to hire that clown in any capacity beyond water boy though.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Terry Jones (yes, I know, Terry Jones) just tweeted that Cortez rejected the Eskimos in favor of the Riders. "Who wants to be OC of team without a quarterback?" - Jones' words, not Cortez's.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Beerfish

Replacement must be shedding a tear or two.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1275
Quote:
Terry Jones (yes, I know, Terry Jones) just tweeted that Cortez rejected the Eskimos in favor of the Riders. "Who wants to be OC of team without a quarterback?" - Jones' words, not Cortez's.
and it is a good question. why would anyone want to come to edmonton with a better than even chance that you'd have Joseph forced on you. I don't mind him being here, but as a 3rd string mentor only. if he's the starter next year, the esks are pathetic and i'd be disgusted with hervey and reed.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Replacement must be shedding a tear or two.
haha

Don't even care. I can only get excited about an org thats been as pathetic as this when the season is actually on.

I stopped going to games after awhile last season. Just tough to follow this club. Hopefully it gets better before it gets worse..

Old
01-22-2013, 08:45 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
You know I could deal with Joseph coming back. The problem is if we are losing and Joseph is still playing there is nothing to suggest that he'd be pulled. Kavis seems to have a big vote of confidence from the higher ups and will have no pressure on him. I can see why Cortez wouldn't want to come here.

Seems like Hervey might just be a place holder until he fails and then Kavis takes over.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:13 AM
AJGass4

Anyone who watched our team last year, including staff, should realize that we are nothing without a bonafide QB.

How sad that Tillman got us absolutely nothing when he traded Ray. He should be ashamed of himself and so should anyone who signed off on that deal. Look, don't rag on me because I tried to stick up for him at one time because I was never sad Ray was dealt, just the fact that the return was pathetic.

Hervey was bright enough to get rid of one problem, but he damn well better have some sort of plan to fix this mess we call our football team.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
You know I could deal with Joseph coming back. The problem is if we are losing and Joseph is still playing there is nothing to suggest that he'd be pulled. Kavis seems to have a big vote of confidence from the higher ups and will have no pressure on him. I can see why Cortez wouldn't want to come here.

Seems like Hervey might just be a place holder until he fails and then Kavis takes over.
Just the idea of this almost made me puke. But it wouldn't surprise me. The Esks are a joke franchise right now.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:27 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Just the idea of this almost made me puke. But it wouldn't surprise me. The Esks are a joke franchise right now.
I can see it a year or two, Hervey wasn't ready so we have to replace him. We still think Kavis is the right man and he still thinks Joseph is the right Qb.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:35 AM
SchultzSquared

Maybe they are putting all their eggs in the Tim Tebow basket.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:39 AM
timekeep

Quote:
Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones
Steven Jyles released by Eskimos? He'd been dead man quarterbacking since last August. Expect Mike Reilly as free agent signing.
Wish they would sign Mike Reilly the coach.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:42 AM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
If we passed on Cortez to keep Crandell around, just burn the stadium down and fold the franchise.

Will laugh my ass off if Montreal hires Maciocia. They unleashed that scourge on the league, they can enjoy his "talents" for a while. Popp seems to intelligent to hire that clown in any capacity beyond water boy though.
Can see him setting that franchise back five years if he coaches.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:45 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Boom jamarcus Russell is attempting a come back. Where else to start but the cfl lol

Old
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
joestevens29

Anyone hear Hervey on Gregor's show yesterday? Sure seemed to be close to tampering when talking about McPherson and Reilly

Also Geroy Simon on the block.

According to a report from News 1130 in Vancouver, BC Lions GM Wally Buono is shopping the veteran slotback, saying that Simon's contract is too expensive.

News 1130 confirmed Buono has given permission to Simon's agent to seek a trade for his client.

Buono went on to say the team's first option would be to renegotiate Simon's deal, but the team would also release the 12-year Lion barring that or a trade, according to the report.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:22 AM
joestevens29

Simon to the Roughriders.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:54 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Simon to the Roughriders.
riders got him for cheap, essentially a salary dump by the lions... riders receiving corps was fine, but apparently getzlaf wants out, so maybe the riders are using simon as getzlafs replacement.... still makes WAAAAY too much money for the player that he is at this stage of his career

Old
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
oilers_smyth_94

While it's true Geroy isn't the player he used to be, I think it's a low risk for the Riders to trade for him. I think the team is stronger with him than without, and he'll be a good mentor for the younger players.

Where did you hear Getzlaf wants out? Why would he want to play anywhere else but Saskatchewan?

Closed Thread