HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh... P.K. was brought in for the P.O... he played 2 reg. season games for us in his first year, we sure didnt learn how to win enough reg. season games to make the PO because of him.

No need to reach that far, no one is saying Subban sucks.
I don't want to get involved in the argument but you're omitting PK's rookie season where he logged quite a bit of ice time, scored 14 goals and helped the habs finish 6th without Markov. Markov only played 7 games that season. He also scored that big goal in game 7 against the booins to get the game to OT. But no one stepped up...

Old
01-21-2013, 04:40 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
So what does this have to do with PK and his worth though? And who else on this current team would you say have "impact" ?
easy, lots of peeps are claiming he should be paid like the impact player he is.

thing is, he is NOT an impact player (yet).

Old
01-21-2013, 04:40 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I don't support tanking. I don't want to give Subban a lesson... This is a bad team, with or without Subban. It's just a question of degrees of bad.
PK is 23 and will get better. But this lockout and holding out crap is slowing his development. It does have an impact on the long term future of the team.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:45 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I don't want to get involved in the argument but you're omitting PK's rookie season where he logged quite a bit of ice time, scored 14 goals and helped the habs finish 6th without Markov. Markov only played 7 games that season. He also scored that big goal in game 7 against the booins to get the game to OT. But no one stepped up...
you're speaking of the game 7 we ended up losing or another game 7 ?

no one stepped up and it was somewhat expected, we had to play 60 years old Hamrlik and Gill in OT of a game 7 where they logged quite a few minutes already.

think you need to put some thought into what impact means, sure Subban is better that Dykhius or Traverse were, but so is MaB... would you consider MaB an impact player simply cause he's better than those two ?

definitely not... but since Subban is young and spectacular...

Old
01-21-2013, 04:46 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
easy, lots of peeps are claiming he should be paid like the impact player he is.

Your definition of impact is subjective at best. If a guy logs top 20 minutes in the NHL as a dman, then you have to consider him an impact player. If a guy is an integral component of one of the best PK in the league, you have to consider him an impact player. Regardless of how well his team does.

But the real truth here is that you can't expect a 22 year old to be the huge hall of fame difference maker that will turn the tide. Almost no one can do that. However, Subban has shown that he might have the potential to end up being that guy in the future. And teams jump at the chance to sign these type of players to long term deals following their ELCs (Eberle, Myers, Carlson, Hall, etc). The guys I just mentionned haven't been "impact players" for their team but got long term deals out of their ELC. Why is that ? Maybe Bergevin should think a little on why...

Old
01-21-2013, 04:50 PM
DAChampion

PK Subban for 6 years @ 4 million per year would be the best contract on the team.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:50 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
think you need to put some thought into what impact means, sure Subban is better that Dykhius or Traverse were, but so is MaB... would you consider MaB an impact player simply cause he's better than those two ?
This makes no sense to me. I don't know where you're going with this.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:

People are advocating him to be paid as the top tier d-man that he is. This whole "he's not an impact player" argument is a really weak way of trying to lower his value to the club.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:54 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
PK Subban for 6 years @ 4 million per year would be the best contract on the team.
sure but that is not what I have heard Pk wants. he wants 6 years at 6 mil

Old
01-21-2013, 04:55 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
People are advocating him to be paid as the top tier d-man that he is. This whole "he's not an impact player" argument is a really weak way of trying to lower his value to the club.
I don't think the "impact player" argument would make a lot of sense to a judge in a arbitration case.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Your definition of impact is subjective at best. If a guy logs top 20 minutes in the NHL as a dman, then you have to consider him an impact player. If a guy is an integral component of one of the best PK in the league, you have to consider him an impact player. Regardless of how well his team does.

But the real truth here is that you can't expect a 22 year old to be the huge hall of fame difference maker that will turn the tide. Almost no one can do that. However, Subban has shown that he might have the potential to end up being that guy in the future. And teams jump at the chance to sign these type of players to long term deals following their ELCs (Eberle, Myers, Carlson, Hall, etc). The guys I just mentionned haven't been "impact players" for their team but got long term deals out of their ELC. Why is that ? Maybe Bergevin should think a little on why...
so, Gill, Hamrlik, Gorges, Subban, Spacek were/are ALL impact players (even MaB at times) ? really ?

Old
01-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
So meet in the middle, 6 years 30 mil.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You claimed that if Subban was as good as claimed, that our PP wouldn't have been last. That is insane. It takes many pieces to make a PP work.

Your comments on him needing to fix his point shot are nothing new. Everyone knows he herp derps his slapshot. Being a PP QB is more than taking slapshots, though. His point production on the PP is good enough to place him among the leagues best.

The ad hominem is amusing, though.
I claimed it because it's ridiculously obvious. You don't preach how good a pp quarterback is without looking at how the pp ranks. And he's not among the leagues best for #1 pp quarterbacks he's 22nd. Or 15th depending how you look at it. But yeah that totally insane! Lol

Old
01-21-2013, 05:00 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

@Dave_Stubbs: Will people stop trading #Habs @PKSubban1? Rumours are cheap. Here's a fact: I have a major Subban piece coming this week

Old
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
habsfanatics

I'd go as high as 8 years 48 million. He's easily a 5.5m dman now. In a few years he'd be one of the best contracts in the league.

OH noes 6million, are you crazy? Take a look around. It's not 1993 anymore.

6million would only be a slight over payment at this point. Solidifying him for 8 years make its a no brainer imo.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:03 PM
No Style Points

damn, still not signed?

everyday I log on to HF and hope to see a different title to the PK subban thread: "Confirmed, ..."

Old
01-21-2013, 05:08 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
so, Gill, Hamrlik, Gorges, Subban, Spacek were/are ALL impact players (even MaB at times) ? really ?
None of these players were all logging top 20 ice time in the NHL as dman while putting up to 30 pts.

Hamrlik was once a big difference maker before his time with the habs though.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:09 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I'd go as high as 8 years 48 million. He's easily a 5.5m dman now. In a few years he'd be one of the best contracts in the league.

6million would only be a slight over payment at this point. Solidifying him for 8 years make its a no brainer imo.
On 8 years you provide security so you should get a discount from the player. This kinda puts all the risk on the habs. For 8 years I think you can look at 4M-4.5M per.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:10 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
On 8 years you provide security so you should get a discount from the player. This kinda puts all the risk on the habs. For 8 years I think you can look at 4M-4.5M per.
It also goes the other way.

For an 8 year contract, the team wins because it gets a lot of UFA years, and because the cap goes up by ~5%/year. By the end of the contract the cap hit will be depreciated by ~50%.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
It also goes the other way.

For an 8 year contract, the team wins because it gets a lot of UFA years, and because the cap goes up by ~5%/year. By the end of the contract the cap hit will be depreciated by ~50%.
The only advantage to an 8 year/48M deal I can see is that maybe the cap will go up and it will make it better. I don't think I would go for it if I were the habs.

As for the UFA years... 6M is quite a bit even for an UFA.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Turianel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post

www.danslescolisses report that Subban may have reduce what he want to 24 millions on 6 years.

Good enough with me.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:36 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post

6M/year is a little steep. I agree on buying up as many UFA years as possible, but PK and Meehan have to bring something to this negotiation. At 8 years, I'd expect a cap-hit of ~5M. Back-load it if you have to, but after this arduous process I think MB expects at least a little longterm cap room if he's committing to PK for 8 years.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
It would be about as awesome as Pacioretty's 6 yeah 27M contract.

I still can't get over how awesome Pacioretty is for signing that contract. He could have gotten more than 5 per on a contract like that but he didn't. I hope Subban is in the same boat as Patches.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turianel View Post
www.danslescolisses report that Subban may have reduce what he want to 24 millions on 6 years.

Good enough with me.
IF there is any validity to this (which I doubt), MB should take it and run like a thief!

Old
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Disagree, short term the price goes down. Long term the price goes up to pay for the UFA years. Always and forever.

This isn't a kind signing into his late 30's on a retirement contract where you can reduce the cap hit by adding years he'll never play, like we seen in previous cba's. To buy years, you pay a bit in the beginning, but more than make up for it in those remaining years. The list of 5-6million dollar dman is big and PK is definitely worthy of being on that list.

Last edited by habsfanatics: 01-21-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Closed Thread