HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#02 Sabres at Leafs Mon Jan 21 7:00PM ET TV: MSG-B Radio: WGR-AM

Old
01-21-2013, 02:44 PM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

vCash: 500
I agree Grigs should be used on the 2nd pp unit over Foligno. The F E S line isn't really suited as a power play line.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:49 PM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
It was a good start
But then, it was last year too.
Not completely sold.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Best of luck, both teams look pretty even on paper IMO, except for goaltending of course.

Will be a good game I hope.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:04 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Best of luck, both teams look pretty even on paper IMO, except for goaltending of course.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:09 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

for real?

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

I would take Grigs over either Foligno or Ott (goal not withstanding) on the PP. But isn't it a nice problem to have so many options for the PP?

My preferred units:
Vanek-Hodgson-Grigorenko
Ehrhoff-Pominville

Foligno/Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Leopold-Myers

Stick Grigs on the half-wall and let him work. He's also not a small guy, so he can battle along the boards to retrieve pucks if need be.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
threeVo

This Ryan Miller panic about the first B2B of the season is rediculous. Goalies arent like skaters who need games to get into game shape. Miller is a pro, he kept himself in the gym and has a focus like none of us do. Hes rested and will handle this just fine.

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:12 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeVo View Post
This Ryan Miller panic about the first B2B of the season is rediculous. Goalies arent like skaters who need games to get into game shape. Miller is a pro, he kept himself in the gym and has a focus like none of us do. Hes rested and will handle this just fine.
First 2 games of the season...if there was ever a back-to-back you'd expect your top goalie to take, this is it.

I would like to see Enroth in one of the Carolina games.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:16 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Meh. It's goaltenders, and Lindy Ruff. No matter what schedule they actually play, someone will grouse about it.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out

Quote:
Yeah, playing goal is a piece of cake. They don't have to be well conditioned or anything (what, at most, their on the ice for 59 minutes a night!), and their flexibility definitely wouldn't diminish if they aren't in game shape. And Miller's focus has never been questioned, amiright!?

ManuelCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I would take Grigs over either Foligno or Ott (goal not withstanding) on the PP. But isn't it a nice problem to have so many options for the PP?

My preferred units:
Vanek-Hodgson-Grigorenko
Ehrhoff-Pominville

Leopold-Myers

Stick Grigs on the half-wall and let him work. He's also not a small guy, so he can battle along the boards to retrieve pucks if need be.
Or bump Ott onto the first power play and put Grigs on the second one with Ennis and Stafford. Makes no sense in not putting one of our most talented players on the power play.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Not worth its own thread, but does anyone know if they replaced Roy's A? I haven't noticed. Last season Pominville was captain with Roy, Stafford, and Vanek wearing the A's. All that remains the same, except Roy is gone. Are there just two A's now?

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:27 PM
threeVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuelCalavera View Post
Yeah, playing goal is a piece of cake. They don't have to be well conditioned or anything (what, at most, their on the ice for 59 minutes a night!), and their flexibility definitely wouldn't diminish if they aren't in game shape. And Miller's focus has never been questioned, amiright!?
You dont need to playing to keep yourself flexible, how does playing a game vs working out to stay flexible make any difference? It isnt getting adjusted to game speed like skaters do, thats impossible to replicate, goalies can work technique on the ice, in their living room, or at the gym. I said he kept himself in the gym and Im sure he was on the ice plenty. Rest is best for goalies and right now hes very rested. I would take his focus at 75% over mine any day. There is a reason hes where hes at...

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Sweet...will 1 account work on multiple devices? I have iphone/ipad/roku/ps3.
Yes. It works on all of those things and as far as I know you can use it on more than one of those devices at the same time so long as you're in the same location. For example, if you try splitting it with a friend in different locations, I'm pretty sure that will be blocked.

Personally I've only used it on 360 and computers so far. 360 app works really well, and I've found that you can replay games immediately even though you're not supposed to be able to do it for 24 hours for out-of-market games and 48 hours for in-market games. I just re-watched yesterday's Sabres game through 360 even though it (as per the rules) won't let me through the web version. Not sure if that 'workaround' exists on the ps3 and other apps but it sure is nice.

Last edited by Rob Paxon: 01-21-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Or bump Ott onto the first power play and put Grigs on the second one with Ennis and Stafford. Makes no sense in not putting one of our most talented players on the power play.
I think Grigs and Ennis should be on different units TBH. They both have incredible vision and are great when they have the puck...this way they both get to handle it more. I feel like they'd get in each other's way if they were together. Then again, I could be way off here too.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post

My preferred units:
Vanek-Hodgson-Grigorenko
Ehrhoff-Pominville

Leopold-Myers

I'd take Foligno out before Ott. Ott showed he's more than capable of making a good pass as well as digging out the puck on the PP, nevermind that nice shot he got off.

I agree that FES in of itself is not a good PP line because it thrives in transition, and the transition opportunities are completely different in PP situations. You need more puck possession. Ott gives you that, Leino can give you that when he's back, even Hecht can. I'm not saying Foligno can't be a solid 2nd unit PP guy in time but I don't think he should be getting the nod just because FES did so well at the end of last season, and really that's why he is. Grigorenko should be getting at least SOME PP looks from this game forward and Ott, imo, should remain getting some time.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's little more than laying the groundwork for the in-game and post-game narratives if they lose and Miller gives up 3 or more. It won't be the quality of the goals. It won't be poor team defense. It won't be Miller simply not making saves he can make. It won't be the offense not creating enough. Nope, it'll be the decision to play Miller in the second of a back-to-back.

I'm trying to stay out of the GDT's this year when we play Toronto, Boston, Philly, and our rivals. It quickly turns into a cesspool when we're losing.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
It's little more than laying the groundwork for the in-game and post-game narratives if they lose and Miller gives up 3 or more. It won't be the quality of the goals. It won't be poor team defense. It won't be Miller simply not making saves he can make. It won't be the offense not creating enough. Nope, it'll be the decision to play Miller in the second of a back-to-back.

I'm trying to stay out of the GDT's this year when we play Toronto, Boston, Philly, and our rivals. It quickly turns into a cesspool when we're losing.
Yeah but if we're winning it's great!

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Presten

Instant man-crush on Ott. Gonna be fun to watch the jukebox again, that guy is a ....ing hit-machine!

Presten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:34 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Not worth its own thread, but does anyone know if they replaced Roy's A? I haven't noticed. Last season Pominville was captain with Roy, Stafford, and Vanek wearing the A's. All that remains the same, except Roy is gone. Are there just two A's now?
Last year Goose and Roy rotated with Vanek and Stafford. Now it's just Vanek and Staff with the A's.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
bandit614

Anyone know what channel this is gonna be on in Buffalo on Time Warner Cable? Last year the games were on channel 700 but I don't seem to be getting this channel right now.

bandit614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Hope to see you all in chat.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Just remembered this is Toronto's home opener, they can do long ceremonies sometimes..are we thinking more like a 7:20 puck drop?

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Just remembered this is Toronto's home opener, they can do long ceremonies sometimes..are we thinking more like a 7:20 puck drop?
Woodhouse said earlier in the thread that puck drop is scheduled for somewhere in the 7:20's