HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Old
01-18-2013, 06:07 AM
brucegarrioch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
If our team ever needs a pick me up they should roll a Greening-Smith-Neil. That line would be a nightmare to play against.
That's the 3rd line I wanted to see, with O'Brien-Regin-Condra as the 'shutdown' line.

brucegarrioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:33 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Neil does seem to bring his A game in the playoffs.

That could be a very effective combo. All three are capable of 10 goals (82 GP) all three are big and play hard.

That could be a huge "energy" or "momentum" line.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:15 PM
BK201

Borocop KDaug and Bishop sitting against the jets and it's believed that Phillips Gonchar and PW and Benoit are pairings.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:18 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch View Post
That's the 3rd line I wanted to see, with O'Brien-Regin-Condra as the 'shutdown' line.
If we put Greening, Neil and Regin together, we could have the "GnR line".

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:26 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
God, its not like we needed more evidence Garrioch is an idiot, but what happened to the Boro Gonchar pair there Brucey?

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:27 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
If we put Greening, Neil and Regin together, we could have the "GnR line".
Garrioch tweeting that line today and a Regin O'Brien Condra line is expected.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Guess i'd give it another game (tonight), but i'd start thinking about putting this together,

Latendresse-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Turris-Silfverberg

There is no duo no the team that shows more chemistry than spezza and alfie. Don't care that alfie is older and may have lost half a step, he still flies around out there and is as smart as anyone. i would never break them up unless absolutely necessary.

I'm not the coach yet, but i'm pretty sure that top line would be dynomite. And look how close to Heatley-Spezza-Alfie it is.

The second line is a question mark but it's worth a shot. i could see it working ok.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Guess i'd give it another game (tonight), but i'd start thinking about putting this together,

Latendresse-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Turris-Silfverberg

There is no duo no the team that shows more chemistry than spezza and alfie. Don't care that alfie is older and may have lost half a step, he still flies around out there and is as smart as anyone. i would never break them up unless absolutely necessary.

I'm not the coach yet, but i'm pretty sure that top line would be dynomite. And look how close to Heatley-Spezza-Alfie it is.

The second line is a question mark but it's worth a shot. i could see it working ok.
For now I'd leave it as is. Michalek-Spezza worked well last year, as did Turris-Alfie. Silverberg and Latendresse should get a few games to see if they can make those lines stronger before we start messing around too much with the line up. I bet we only see Spezza-Alfie late in games down by a goal.

Karl Cowensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Cowensson View Post
For now I'd leave it as is. Michalek-Spezza worked well last year, as did Turris-Alfie. Silverberg and Latendresse should get a few games to see if they can make those lines stronger before we start messing around too much with the line up. I bet we only see Spezza-Alfie late in games down by a goal.
because they can score goals and protect a lead? does alfie get more tired playing with spezza or something?
I just don't get why they don't leave them together all game. i must be missing something. it's not like there isn't anyone else to play on line 2. michalek played well with turris and silfverberg could be a good compliment with them.
can anyone answer why they're not left together when obviously the staff believes they work so well together?

Last edited by Icelevel: 01-21-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old
01-21-2013, 10:24 AM
God Says No

one thing i'd like to see is alfie not playing pk anymore. i noticed he was out there against winnipeg. need to maximize his minutes.

God Says No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Zibanejad needs time in the A, but if he can really get it together, it would awesome to have him play with Regin and Condra. I'm talking a month or two down the road, and only if he really gets it going. I like O'Brien but Zib would be a big step up in skill.

Michalek-Spezz-Silfverberg
Latendresse-Turris-Alfie
Regin-Zbad-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

That's a really solid four lines.
May not happen this year, but it would be great if it did.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Alfredsson not playing with Spezza anymore is just a matter of spreading the talent. Alfredsson is a great mentor and having him with a developing potential star 2nd line C probably brings more value than a guy like Spezza who has proven to be able to get others to produce around him.

Both Spezza and Alfie bring the most out of the players that they play with so it makes sense to break them up so as to get more spread out scoring as opposed to just one line to shut down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Zibanejad needs time in the A, but if he can really get it together, it would awesome to have him play with Regin and Condra. I'm talking a month or two down the road, and only if he really gets it going. I like O'Brien but Zib would be a big step up in skill.

Michalek-Spezz-Silfverberg
Latendresse-Turris-Alfie
Regin-Zbad-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

That's a really solid four lines.
May not happen this year, but it would be great if it did.
It seems like they are grooming Zibanejad to be a winger...which his skillset is more suited to being anyway. I think Regin would centre that line if anything (which wouldn't be a bad thing if he can stay healthy).

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post

It seems like they are grooming Zibanejad to be a winger...which his skillset is more suited to being anyway. I think Regin would centre that line if anything (which wouldn't be a bad thing if he can stay healthy).
In one sense you're right, but I also think he will line up down the middle. With Regin on that line, Peter could be the de facto C while Zibanejad takes draws.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:31 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
In one sense you're right, but I also think he will line up down the middle. With Regin on that line, Peter could be the de facto C while Zibanejad takes draws.
Why put someone with Zibanejad's talent at centre when we are already very deep down the middle?

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Why put someone with Zibanejad's talent at centre when we are already very deep down the middle?
I don't think playing him a year on the 3rd line will hurt him. And as I said, Regin would actually "play" down the middle, whereas Zibanejad would just take draws. He's done a lot of that in Bingo this year.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
I don't think playing him a year on the 3rd line will hurt him. And as I said, Regin would actually "play" down the middle, whereas Zibanejad would just take draws. He's done a lot of that in Bingo this year.
Yeah, Regin could be the center, I just think it's a big upgrade from JOB to Zbad, if Zib is ready, which is a big if.
I don't think it's a bad thing to play on the third line,and as far as that goes Regin and Condra aren't high end offensive guys, but they aren't plugs either they can add some offense. Which is nice because Zbad gets decent players to play with but no expectations, seems like a good fit.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
because they can score goals and protect a lead? does alfie get more tired playing with spezza or something?
I just don't get why they don't leave them together all game. i must be missing something. it's not like there isn't anyone else to play on line 2. michalek played well with turris and silfverberg could be a good compliment with them.
can anyone answer why they're not left together when obviously the staff believes they work so well together?
Spezza and Alfie make players around them better, and its easier to get them away from top defensive coverage when split over two lines. Loading up offense on one line makes it easier to shut down and Turris and Michalek together aren't nearly the threat as pairing them up with Spezza and Alfe respectively.

Super lines like Heatley-Spezza-Alfie or Heatley-Thorton-Marleau are great in the regular season, rack up tons of points, but never work in the playoffs. Spreading the two over the top two lines creates a stronger overall lineup and that's how you win in McStaches system.

Karl Cowensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Yeah, Regin could be the center, I just think it's a big upgrade from JOB to Zbad, if Zib is ready, which is a big if.
I don't think it's a bad thing to play on the third line,and as far as that goes Regin and Condra aren't high end offensive guys, but they aren't plugs either they can add some offense. Which is nice because Zbad gets decent players to play with but no expectations, seems like a good fit.
Zib in the top 6 once Alfie retires is a is a bigger upgrade considering how much more time the 2nd line gets than the 4th line

Old
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
source

Quote:
I agree.

If a player is better than another player, he is an upgrade over this player.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
I agree.

you're awesome. I remember why I never post on here.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
I agree.

What if Alfie doesn't play next year? Wouldn't it be better to have Zib on the 2nd line instead of the third line

Old
01-21-2013, 05:09 PM
gatosauce12345

What if its not Alfie mentoring Turris to be a great centre, and he moves with Spezza to mentor him for the next Captain position? Good excuse to see half of the pizza line back together?

gatosauce12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:01 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatosauce12345 View Post
What if its not Alfie mentoring Turris to be a great centre, and he moves with Spezza to mentor him for the next Captain position? Good excuse to see half of the pizza line back together?
half because alfie is old now?

newerabegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

I'd also do

Wiercioch-Gonchar
Phillips-Benoit

Old
01-21-2013, 08:15 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
What if Alfie doesn't play next year? Wouldn't it be better to have Zib on the 2nd line instead of the third line
Play players where they fit, which is generally what teams do. There's a reason Zibanejad is in the NHL now.

I predicted Wiercioch and Benoit would be exposed... so far it looks like I'm wrong.

Some guys here think Zibby can step into the NHL now.. I'm not so sure.

source is offline   Reply With Quote