Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Beazley
The 'Dale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Noel admitted in the presser that LLW line was bad, but when asked why Burmi and Welly got less ice he said it was because he needed to get other guys going even tho he liked what he saw from Burmi and Welly. In other words, cause Ladd and Wheeler sucked today, Burmi and Welly got less ice, as opposed to sitting the vets and rewarding the young guys he does the opposite. That's the only thing I don't like about Noel.
That's totally not cool.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:46 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Does anyone else think we are running poorly constructed pp units:

There is no creativity down low on either.

PP unit number 2:

Kane and Jokinen don't fit together on the same unit as both bring the same elements to a pp i.e. net/slot presence. Both a triggerman and not set up men and the problem is is that neither passes well enough to get each other the puck in the slot. We need to place one on each pp unit.

1st unit, there is no slot scorer, Little and Wheeler don't scare opposing teams as shooters and as a result they take away our point shots. Ladd is a good net presence but once again an unbalanced unit.

My solution:

Play Scheifele with Ladd and Jokinin:

Ladd can win board battles and puck possesion and get to the front of the net. Jokinin can take faceoffs and get to the slot and let Scheifele distribute from the half boards.

Reunite Kane with Wheeler and Little. Little plays on the goal line and Wheeler the half boards while Kane roams the slot.
I'm down for this. Welly, Burmi and Antro will fight Scheifele for that spot though.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
Can't believe people are ragging on goaltending in a game where the Jets scored one goal.

I thought Pavalec did all that should be expected of him this afternoon.

The PP will come around. I'm not going to start raging about it after two games with limited practice time. It will take a while for special teams to start clicking.

Postma did some frightening things today but he also did a lot right.m definitely a better game.

Clitsome....well..... When is Bogo back again?

Old
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'm down for this. Welly, Burmi and Antro will fight Scheifele for that spot though.
Wellwood sure, but Burmie no as he is a LH shot and wont be able to make the passes required on the left half boards.

Also part of why I set it up like that is because Sheifele is dangerous at cutting into the middle and shooting hence Ladd playing infront of the net. Wellwood doesn't present that opportunity and neither does Burmie as a LH shot. I would however like to see Burmie back on the point as I thought he looked decent their in St. Johns.

Run this:

---------------Ladd

Scheifele

------------------------------Jokinen

-- Postma----------------------- Burmie

Old
01-21-2013, 04:57 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I think we're finally seeing just how integral Burmistrov can be do this teams success.
Agreed. He totally can be do.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
To be honest we were lucky to get a point out of this thing. Pavs got beat several times but was bailed out by the post.
Sorry, this is completely illogical. Posts only get hit when someone misses the net.

It's not a matter of luck or getting 'bailed out'. It's a matter of geometry and physics.

Last edited by Le Golie: 01-21-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Gm0ney
Way down in the hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Noel admitted in the presser that LLW line was bad, but when asked why Burmi and Welly got less ice he said it was because he needed to get other guys going even tho he liked what he saw from Burmi and Welly. In other words, cause Ladd and Wheeler sucked today, Burmi and Welly got less ice, as opposed to sitting the vets and rewarding the young guys he does the opposite. That's the only thing I don't like about Noel.
Sends a good message to the team - **** the bed and you get more icetime! What's in those lozenges, Claude?

Old
01-21-2013, 05:03 PM
SensibleGuy

The Jets hit one or two posts too.

The Jets should have won, but not becuase of the goal posts. They should have netted a PP goal...

Old
01-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Just in from the game.
Did anyone see what Marchy did to Byfuglien?

After a shift on the way back to the bench Marchy skated up to Buff and puffed his cheeks out like a blowfish...He did the a couple of times. I guess Marchy was telling him he noticed the extra pounds
Did you guys get a good look at this its just too funny, good game its always a tough challange against you guys now we go to your building for the last two games in the series.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
jetkarma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Did you guys get a good look at this its just too funny, good game its always a tough challange against you guys now we go to your building for the last two games in the series.
Thing is Buff is svelte and good for him for arriving in shape.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:11 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Sends a good message to the team - **** the bed and you get more icetime! What's in those lozenges, Claude?
Yup, it sends the wrong message. I look at what Kruger did with Edmonton last night, he put his young players out in key situations all night. Didn't really care about match ups. Played the vets less and they played and knocked off last years presidents winning team. Its high time this teams coaching staff starts trusting its young players in key situations. Both Burmistrov and Scheifele were playing good strong two-way games and neither did anything to deserve the lack of ice-time that they got this game. Meanwhile the coach continues to send out Ladd and Wheeler who were both having poor games. I thought one of the major moto's of this organization was accountability. Well its starting to look like its only partial accountability as the vets seem to still get trotted out when they play terrible.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:14 PM
pcanuck

oh my goodness, this might be a very long year. Two games in, two sloppy terrible defensive efforts. I swear, they remind me of the expansion minnesota wild squad. Trying to trap and they can't, can't play D and can't find the net.

My Game pucks -
1. Burmistrov for the hussle, banging and crashing! TG4 Burmi
2. Pavelec for keeping us in the game somehow
3. Kane for his hard work and body contact b/c the rest left their shoulder pads in Winnipeg

My sourpuss award goes to ME! I can't watch Byfuglien - that fat, lazy S** anymore. I just can't. I wonder how this guy got in the league. I could give a *** about the number of points he scores. His lax attitude in his own zone, lack of checking, lack of emotion, lack of physical play and worse, his turnovers drive me crazy. I played defence for 6 years and I was benched an entire game because I did not skate towards the pass. This ***** never does! Never! I need to rant sorry all. I hate this bugger. And arrogant - scoring that first goal, lifting his arms in the air as if he was Christ himself. I'm hoping someone can injure his fat ass so I can watch a game without him. So yes, I get my own award.

On a more positive note, I did like what Schiefele did. He has earned a spot on this club, no doubt in my mind. He made some nice plays and takes the hit to make the play. No turnovers which I like. That earns him a spot in my books. We lack offensive talent and he brings a good finesse game with him. I'd like to see him on a line with Jokinen somehow.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
oh my goodness, this might be a very long year. Two games in, two sloppy terrible defensive efforts. I swear, they remind me of the expansion minnesota wild squad. Trying to trap and they can't, can't play D and can't find the net.

My Game pucks -
3. Kane for his hard work and body contact b/c the rest left their shoulder pads in Winnipeg

My sourpuss award goes to ME! I can't watch Byfuglien - that fat, lazy S** anymore. I just can't. I wonder how this guy got in the league. I could give a *** about the number of points he scores. His lax attitude in his own zone, lack of checking, lack of emotion, lack of physical play and worse, his turnovers drive me crazy. I played defence for 6 years and I was benched an entire game because I did not skate towards the pass. This ***** never does! Never! I need to rant sorry all. I hate this bugger. And arrogant - scoring that first goal, lifting his arms in the air as if he was Christ himself. I'm hoping someone can injure his fat ass so I can watch a game without him. So yes, I get my own award.

On a more positive note, I did like what Schiefele did. He has earned a spot on this club, no doubt in my mind. He made some nice plays and takes the hit to make the play. No turnovers which I like. That earns him a spot in my books. We lack offensive talent and he brings a good finesse game with him. I'd like to see him on a line with Jokinen somehow.
Dayum.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:17 PM
pcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Dayum.
I know - I can't stand that guy, even last year and obviously my feelings haven't changed.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Yup, it sends the wrong message. I look at what Kruger did with Edmonton last night, he put his young players out in key situations all night. Didn't really care about match ups. Played the vets less and they played and knocked off last years presidents winning team. Its high time this teams coaching staff starts trusting its young players in key situations. Both Burmistrov and Scheifele were playing good strong two-way games and neither did anything to deserve the lack of ice-time that they got this game. Meanwhile the coach continues to send out Ladd and Wheeler who were both having poor games. I thought one of the major moto's of this organization was accountability. Well its starting to look like its only partial accountability as the vets seem to still get trotted out when they play terrible.
That's a horrible example. Edmonton finished 2nd to last last year. All that shows is that anyone can beat anyone on any night.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:20 PM
meedle

Quote:

My Game pucks -

I agree with you on Buff, He might win you 10 games in a season because of his points but he is going to make you lose 15 cause of his defense.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:21 PM
pcanuck

Quote:
Does anyone else think we are running poorly constructed pp units:

There is no creativity down low on either.

PP unit number 2:

Kane and Jokinen don't fit together on the same unit as both bring the same elements to a pp i.e. net/slot presence. Both a triggerman and not set up men and the problem is is that neither passes well enough to get each other the puck in the slot. We need to place one on each pp unit.

1st unit, there is no slot scorer, Little and Wheeler don't scare opposing teams as shooters and as a result they take away our point shots. Ladd is a good net presence but once again an unbalanced unit.

My solution:

Play Scheifele with Ladd and Jokinin:

Ladd can win board battles and puck possesion and get to the front of the net. Jokinin can take faceoffs and get to the slot and let Scheifele distribute from the half boards.

Reunite Kane with Wheeler and Little. Little plays on the goal line and Wheeler the half boards while Kane roams the slot.
absolutely! I like it ...

Old
01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

"After a shift on the way back to the bench Marchy skated up to Buff and puffed his cheeks out like a blowfish...He did the a couple of times. I guess Marchy was telling him he noticed the extra pounds"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post

Speaking of 'Marchy' - found a pic of him from a few years ago...

Last edited by jimmycrackcorn: 01-21-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
That's a horrible example. Edmonton finished 2nd to last last year. All that shows is that anyone can beat anyone on any night.
Its an example of what happens when you let your kids take their lumps and grow as players. They finished second last for a number of reasons most notabily is due to a slew of injuries to key players (Hall, RNH, Hemsky, Whitney, Gagner) and also because Reney much like Noel relied on his vets who weren't getting it done in key situations.

But if you want a different example lets look at Boston. Hamilton is playing with Chara and is getting tones of pp time. Funny how a deeper organization puts its blue chip prospect in key situations.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Tintin's Ghost

I'll take the loser point when we're on the road in Boston. Good game by the Jets. Only saw first half and Jets, collectively, looked waaaay better than Saturday's matinee. We did seem to sputter out again after the 1st though which hopefully can be altered or else the guys learn to grind it out for 40 minutes after establishing a lead. Once the offense starts clicking the Jets could be fairly competitive this year. Tomorrow night should be a beauty, liked all the games we played in DC last year.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:34 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
I know - I can't stand that guy, even last year and obviously my feelings haven't changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
I agree with you on Buff, He might win you 10 games in a season because of his points but he is going to make you lose 15 cause of his defense.
All evidence is that he does lose you games from poor defense... but...
All evidence points to so far he wins you more than he loses... on average...

Old
01-21-2013, 05:35 PM
puck stoppa

I expect big things from Ladd and Wheeler tomorrow, but I just wish Noel would hold all players accountable. He likes to pick on Burmi. Imagine the message that would get sent if Ladd sat for a few shifts. Enough complaining from me, I predict a great game from LLW and a goal from Oli and Kane tomorrow night. We can't keep scoring one goal per game for long.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Actually it's a pretty good example. Last year those minutes would have gone to Horcoff, Jones, et al. Last night they went to the kids (literally) who earned it. Hope to see Noel get down with this line of thinking sooner rather than later.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:48 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Actually it's a pretty good example. Last year those minutes would have gone to Horcoff, Jones, et al. Last night they went to the kids (literally) who earned it. Hope to see Noel get down with this line of thinking sooner rather than later.
Thanks, that was exactly what I was trying to get across. Kruger was putting his players in positions to succeed and was giving the kids the benefit of the doubt. Not only did the kids run with it but the veterans played better in lesser roles.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:50 PM
StaticPrevails

Pavelec needs work on is SOs but he CAN win them. We were 3/7 for SOs last season which isn't as bad as some are making it out to be.

Closed Thread