HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils beat Isles 2-1 (No Points for you, Isles....or Rangers!)

Old
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Cowbell232

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
P.S. the fact that Adam made us a "favour" when he signed his ELC, only for him to be in the press box right now, would leave a sour taste in my mouth if I where in his shoes.
I think you over-analyze things like this. There's a very good chance he'd rather be Swedish with friends (Tedenby, Tallinder, Hedberg, etc.) and in NJ making way more money...

Old
01-21-2013, 09:22 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I think you over-analyze things like this. There's a very good chance he'd rather be Swedish with friends (Tedenby, Tallinder, Hedberg, etc.) and in NJ making way more money...
I never met a pro player who didn't want to play. He's not attending summer camp, he's a pro and as a pro, he should want to play and not watch games and hang out with his friends.

Just my opinion

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:24 AM
tycobb

Quote:
And he has been playing in the AHL. 33 games played (19 pts) which if he played 48 games this year would have put him at 81 games total. Didn't he twist his knee or something in one of the last games at the AHL level? Maybe the Devils want to give him a little rest before starting the NHL season. I have no doubt that Larsson is going to be playing a lot of minutes of us this year.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

Quote:
I never met a pro player who didn't want to play. He's not attending summer camp, he's a pro and as a pro, he should want to play and not watch games and hang out with his friends.

Just my opinion
If you become a pro just by watching games from the stands, hell, we would have the eastern allstars team on these boards

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 AM
apice3*

Quote:
You might be right... But why not send him back to Albany, where he can actually play and improve his overall game instead of watching games and have Harrold as a #7?

Wouldn't Larsson benefit more from playing heavy minutes in the AHL instead of zero minutes in the NHL?

P.S. the fact that Adam made us a "favour" when he signed his ELC, only for him to be in the press box right now, would leave a sour taste in my mouth if I where in his shoes.
Would you agree that we're one of the better teams in the league in terms of letting players develop properly? Lou and Deboer know what's best for the kid. There's no way he's going to be a healthy scratch for 82 games. Something will be done with him.

Besides, look at all the 1st rounders from last draft. Rank them by games played in the NHL so far:

Couturier - 89
Landeskog - 83
Larsson - 70
RNH - 63
Zibanejad - 9
Scheifele - 8
Baertschi - 5
Huberdeau - 1
Hamilton - 1
Rakell - 1
20 other players - 0

Only two players taken in the first round of his class have played more NHL games than him, only one of which has played in more playoff games. He's played more NHL games than 26 of the others COMBINED. Does he want to play? Yes. But the fact is he's miles ahead of practically everyone else in the draft, I guarantee he's thankful to have played the amount he's played, he will get back in the games sooner than later, and he's going to be one hell of a player.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Richer's Ghost
Pickle Pops?

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
Yep.

On the way to the chocolate factory?

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:57 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
gooses....geeses!

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:35 AM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

i thought zubrus looked a bit out of "game shape" (understandable). not that hes out of shape per se, but just rusty skill wise and a small step behind.

AirheadPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:40 AM
njdevil26

The one thing I DID notice was that the team was still trying to maintain that strong forcheck that got us so far in the playoffs. That's good to see. It requires a lot of energy so once most of the guys get into game shape it should look even better. I really really hope Tedenby is here to stay. He can be very dangerous if he's finally ready to be a full time pro.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:

Just my opinion
I hear you, but you also understand how difficult it is for kids to be away from home.

It's better for his long term development, in my opinion, to be comfortable as a person. He has a lot of hockey ahead of him, playing small minutes this year isn't the end of the world. He's also training and learning from NHL coaches and staff, that's a whole different level too.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
I hear you, but you also understand how difficult it is for kids to be away from home.

It's better for his long term development, in my opinion, to be comfortable as a person. He has a lot of hockey ahead of him, playing small minutes this year isn't the end of the world. He's also training and learning from NHL coaches and staff, that's a whole different level too.
not to mention he has already played a near half season in the AHL. A couple games off at this point is actually a benefit..

I will be upset if he doesn't get into the rotation at some point, especially come playoff time.

But not right now.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Isles suck, right ?

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Keith Aulie, showing off the size and physicality that got him drafted with a dumb penalty.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Isles suck, right ?
Tampa does.

Poor Rinne... err, Lindback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Keith Aulie, showing off the size and physicality that got him drafted with a dumb penalty.
One of the dumbest things I`ve ever seen.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Tampa does.

Poor Rinne... err, Lindback.
May they all suck...

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Is it Tuesday yet..... this waiting is killing me.

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
Is it Tuesday yet..... this waiting is killing me.
Luckily I have a beer league game tonight.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Jim Dowds Love Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Would you agree that we're one of the better teams in the league in terms of letting players develop properly? Lou and Deboer know what's best for the kid. There's no way he's going to be a healthy scratch for 82 games. Something will be done with him.

Besides, look at all the 1st rounders from last draft. Rank them by games played in the NHL so far:

Couturier - 89
Landeskog - 83
Larsson - 70
RNH - 63
Zibanejad - 9
Scheifele - 8
Baertschi - 5
Huberdeau - 1
Hamilton - 1
Rakell - 1
20 other players - 0

Only two players taken in the first round of his class have played more NHL games than him, only one of which has played in more playoff games. He's played more NHL games than 26 of the others COMBINED. Does he want to play? Yes. But the fact is he's miles ahead of practically everyone else in the draft, I guarantee he's thankful to have played the amount he's played, he will get back in the games sooner than later, and he's going to be one hell of a player.
Not to mention those 70 games were played as a D-man...much harder to shelter. The kid is going to be fine. He'll forget this the moment he steps back on the ice...just like we will.

Jim Dowds Love Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:16 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
Luckily I have a beer league game tonight.
Luckily I have Beer, PERIOD.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Zachy Poo View Post
I like the Idea of Matteau in 1st line. He has the hands and hockey IQ Palmieri never had. He might do good with Kovy.
It's a bit difficult to say this after one game. He might be ready, he might not be. He looked good in his first game, but he isn't standing out so much that the coaches are forced to put him on the top line.

Quote:
You might be right... But why not send him back to Albany, where he can actually play and improve his overall game instead of watching games and have Harrold as a #7?

Wouldn't Larsson benefit more from playing heavy minutes in the AHL instead of zero minutes in the NHL?

Again, it's been one game. I will be shocked if Larsson sits for more than a couple games in a row. He'll get his chance.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:35 PM
battlingBard56

Looking at Lucic's stats and I'm seeing he played on the Bruins NHL squad right out of juniors. At age 19, having been chosen at #50.
Just mentioning it, because if Matteau actually does stick for more than five games, it'll mean he's been consistently helping the team win, improving each game and that the coaching staff believes it's best for his development to play with the NHL club. (In my opinion anyways)

battlingBard56 is offline   Reply With Quote