HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3rd line Forward/2nd line Tweener to New Jersey

Old
01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
ssk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inno View Post
Hemsky for Volchenkov
NO,NO HELL NO. Don,t want Hemsky at all. He a good player, but not a Devil's type of player.

ssk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg8 View Post
Am I missing something?

In 4 pages not once has Petr Sykora's name been mentioned.

He's the definition of a 2nd/3rd line tweener winger. He scored over 20 goals last year. He could be signed for under a million bucks. No asset needs to be given up to get him. And he's proven already that he fits into your system....

Why don't you just sign him?
He'd be perfect in a short season - but his pros and cons are mirrored in two younger players that are already on the team (Tedenby and Butler) - Lou wants to give them a shot and hope they can become a long term solution as opposed to a short term bandaid.

It's basically sink or swim time for Tedenby, and Butler's only under contract for this year.

Sykora's lack of speed can make him a liability on any line that doesn't have the perfect set of linemates for him.

Quote:
Hemsky for Volchenkov
I would. I love Hemsky. But... this particular proposal never ends well around here.

manilaNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:09 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriquesJawLine View Post
Want D'Agostini. Grit overload on this line.....

Clarkson-Zubrus-D'Agostini

That line would throw some bodies around
D'agostini certainly doesn't shy away from the physical game, but he is not even remotely what I'd consider "gritty". Dag's biggest asset is his speed. The kid can flat out fly, and when he fires the puck in stride it is as hard as anybody in the league. He is a decent enough defensive player and works really hard out there, but D'Agostini is not a grinder by any stretch of the imagination. He's the kind of guy you want on a line with a really good passer like our Andy McDonald. Dag's can use his speed to beat almost any defender to a spot on the ice and then unleash a 1-timer that can beat most goalies(when he puts it on net).

If we were to make a Dag's/Tallinder swap and I was NJ, I'd want him on a line with Elias. IMO Elias and Dag's would form the same kind of chemistry that McDonald/Dag's had 2 years ago when D'Agostini notched 20 goals. If you're looking for supplemental goal scoring, that is the kind of thing you should be looking for. D'Agostini is a mid-level(may still have the potential to be slightly above average) finisher that does best next to a high-end playmaker. Think along the lines of a Jussi Jokinen type.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:16 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
D'agostini certainly doesn't shy away from the physical game, but he is not even remotely what I'd consider "gritty". Dag's biggest asset is his speed. The kid can flat out fly, and when he fires the puck in stride it is as hard as anybody in the league. He is a decent enough defensive player and works really hard out there, but D'Agostini is not a grinder by any stretch of the imagination. He's the kind of guy you want on a line with a really good passer like our Andy McDonald. Dag's can use his speed to beat almost any defender to a spot on the ice and then unleash a 1-timer that can beat most goalies(when he puts it on net).

If we were to make a Dag's/Tallinder swap and I was NJ, I'd want him on a line with Elias. IMO Elias and Dag's would form the same kind of chemistry that McDonald/Dag's had 2 years ago when D'Agostini notched 20 goals. If you're looking for supplemental goal scoring, that is the kind of thing you should be looking for. D'Agostini is a mid-level(may still have the potential to be slightly above average) finisher that does best next to a high-end playmaker. Think along the lines of a Jussi Jokinen type.

The speed he has is what I love most about his game. Some guys fly into the zone and lose control of their passing/puck control, but I don't see that from him.

I'm glad you chose Elias as a proposed linemate. Because, ideally, he'd be on a line with Josefson and Clarkson.
Josefson is maturing into a great passer/two-way guy like Elias. Not as offensively gifted when it comes to putting the puck in the net, but he makes some really smart moves with the puck. And he's twice as fast as Elias, too.

Clarkson has the grit to protect the puck and he'll park himself in front of the net. He's a great addition to any line with other forwards who know where to put the puck.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:29 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Hemsky for Volchenkov
The Oilers are not in the market for a D and Volchenkov wouldn't wave his NTC to leave NJ. Please leave Hemsky out of NJ proposals, because they end up getting ugly.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:50 PM
ginovegas

I know Volchenkoxv is left handed, but what side does he play on for the Devils?

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
I know Volchenkoxv is left handed, but what side does he play on for the Devils?
Either is fine for him. He played the right side in Ottawa.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

I would love a Del Zotto-Volchenkov pairing. Hagelin+++ if Kreider regains form?

Our defense.........Mmmmm.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

I like the idea of Hemsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
I would love a Del Zotto-Volchenkov pairing. Hagelin+++ if Kreider regains form?

Lou would never make a deal with the Rangers.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post

Huh? This is horrendous for the Rangers.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:10 PM
hlaverty06

Leave Hemsky out of this, it only gets bad

Cause then we hear about how Petry and Smid are similar to Carlson-Alzner and it just goes downhill

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiberg8 View Post
Am I missing something?

In 4 pages not once has Petr Sykora's name been mentioned.

He's the definition of a 2nd/3rd line tweener winger. He scored over 20 goals last year. He could be signed for under a million bucks. No asset needs to be given up to get him. And he's proven already that he fits into your system....

Why don't you just sign him?
I would agree, but Lou seems to think that Tedenby, Butler, or Josefson can do the same job.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:00 PM
BigHabs

I see a few are interested in Gionta back.

What would the Devils be interested in offering up to get him?

Montreal is in a position to try and get youngers and more stronger.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:06 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
I see a few are interested in Gionta back.

What would the Devils be interested in offering up to get him?

Montreal is in a position to try and get youngers and more stronger.
The problem is that the Devils are also trying to get younger.
We all still love Gionta in Jersey, and I know some people would be willing to make a proposal.

I just don't think the Devils are in a position to give up assets for older forwards. Rare exceptions.
If he were a UFA, I'd want Lou to sign him in a heartbeat. I just don't think there's enough in the pipeline for such a trade.