HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Old
01-21-2013, 06:46 PM
DJ Breadman

vCash: 500
Don't mind if Eller sits, never been a fan he shows some flashes once every 10 games but never actually puts up any numbers

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Maybe Therrien is having flashbacks from Bulis?

That four goal game and all...

Might explain a lot

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I don't think Eller can be on a line and have the line still called 'tough'. Eller has a lot energy when he gives his 100% and he can body check, but why have him for 6-9mins in the game if a guy like White will fulfill the 4th line role much better.
Eller wouldn't play on the 4th line. Moen would. Eller can still be in the lineup while have the 4th to be an energy line. If Therrien wants to try Galchenyuk at centre, it doesn't mean Eller needs to be benched. The lineup can easily be the following.

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Gallagher Galchenyuk Eller
Moen Prust Armstrong

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
No that's not what I'm saying, what I'm saying is that Eller showed nothing good last game plus he made a god awful play on the 2 on 1.
Now it makes sense.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:56 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Eller wouldn't play on the 4th line. Moen would. Eller can still be in the lineup while have the 4th to be an energy line. If Therrien wants to try Galchenyuk at centre, it doesn't mean Eller needs to be benched. The lineup can easily be the following.

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Moen Prust Armstrong
really like this line up why aren't you the coach

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Moen Prust Armstrong
Therrien doesn't want to send these two kids with no protection. So he sends Prust to protect them, which is fine by me because Prust can also score goals and assists when the moment is right.

I don't think it will work out, but at least it will give some experience to the rookies.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
King Kovalev

Quote:

Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Moen Prust Armstrong
Why? Moen brings more offense than Eller.

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:06 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
If this is the case, what bothers me is...why single out Eller? He wasn't even the worst forward.
It's the same mentality that all these dinosaur coaches have. Need to sit someone, it's easy to lay blame at the feet of the 23 yr old.

I hope it's not true. Eller should be playing as often as possible. "We need more contributions from him", Michel Therrien. You'll never know what you've got by continually doing this.

With each passing day I am questioning whether we've made the right decisions with our managerial hiring. Color me unimpressed to this point.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
Moen has never in his entire career come close to producing as many points as Eller did in second nhl season. What a baseless and nonsensical statement.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
I really don't get the Eller love. I never have. Not trying to be insulting but there's just nothing real exciting there yet, and there's been little progress.

You guys have some great kids to focus on, that I'm very envious of, but he ain't one of 'em.

I wish him all the best, it's not like I hope he busts or anything... but yeah, I do watch Habs games a lot and I'm just not seeing it =/
Thats ok, I've been knocking him for some time, but he's an untouchable player around these parts. Eller even touches the puck and the faithful freak out like he's the second coming of Malkin.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
This forum is borderline unreadable at times.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Dharvey33

I hate Moen he should be benched or White but not Eller he is one of the rare guys on the bottom six that has offensive skills and is still in the learning curve (assuming Galchenyuk and Gallagher doesn't stick if they do they are top 6 IMO)

Moen has been honest but let's face it he is not better than Prust so he should be a 4th liner as well.

I'm seriously not sold on benching Eller when there are 5 players who deserve as much to be benched then him and other which don't matter at all.

I like White but if someone can be benched and not affect the team it's him.

Why not try Eller with Galchenyuk and Gallagher? Prust won't bring anything except concrete hands like Moen he won't finish plays that Eller could. I don't get it by the way things are going if Subban doesn't sign soon this is going to be a long season.

I hope the red wings sucks this season and fires Babcock, with Babcock on the habs and the talented prospect pool that we have, he would make us a divisional contender and even a stanley cup contender in no time. Players like Eller is comparable to Abdelkader and under Babcock he is thriving .

Eller is one the rare forwards on the habs that still has a lot of room to improve that's why we like him, he scored 16 goals while playing with Travis Freakin Moen getting no pp time and playing 12 minutes a game.

The 1st line players have about 40% of their points production on the pp. If Eller got top pp minutes and top minutes he would have putted at least 45 points last year and he is still adjusting to the nhl, some players take more time than other to adjust. He won't be the player we expected him to be when we got him but i believe he can still be a good two way player.

Last edited by Dharvey33: 01-21-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon View Post
I completely agree with Therrien that Eller needs to take his game to the next level. He is simply too inconsistent. He goes from showing flashes of stick handling brilliance (seldomly) to being completely invisible (often). He's not winning enough battles on the forecheck either. He is generally decent in the defensive zone, but his offensive game needs to be stepped up.

If Therrien wants to get Gallagher in the lineup, I think that Eller or White are the options for sitting.
Exactly.

I don't understand the mancrush on Eller on this board. He has not shown he can be a consistent offensive threat at all.. He's more often than not completely invisible in the offensive zone. Plays die because he's not involved.

That's the way it is. Unless he gets involved, he might sit some games out.

And yes, he was WAY worse than Desharnais was. Complete non-factor. At least DD showed some poise in the offensive zone. Again, it is what it is.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Mrb1p

Maybe Eller need's his damn chance before you label him unconsistent? Maybe he could play more than 12 minutes a damn game with Moen and have some PP time ??? No ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:22 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Exactly.

I don't understand the mancrush on Eller on this board. He has not shown he can be a consistent offensive threat at all.. He's more often than not completely invisible in the offensive zone. Plays die because he's not involved.

That's the way it is. Unless he gets involved, he might sit some games out.

And yes, he was WAY worse than Desharnais was. Complete non-factor. At least DD showed some poise in the offensive zone. Again, it is what it is.
He'll score more goals in a year than White will in his career.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:25 PM
deandebean

I had told you guys that the odd man out right now at center was Eller. Therrien and the rest of the Montreal brass want Chuckie at center. If the kid does well tomorrow, Eller won't be back soon at 3rd C for sure. Back as a winger, maybe. I'm still not convinced he's a legit center myself.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:26 PM
le_sean

Oh well. I thought Gallagher should have been put in the lineup for a shot in the arm. The team wasn't skating, but he certainly will. It was clear as day that Galchenyuk needs to be a centre as well. You're not going to sit Desharnais or Plekanec, and the 4th line played well last game. I don't mind it.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:28 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He was the only one to gain the zone with speed all game, and one of the best PP presences was when his line came in at the end.
I disagree. He had two good shifts at the end of the 3rd, and that was it. He was a non-factor in most situations and only Bourque showed up on his line. The coaching staff seems to think the dsame way, evidently.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:29 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

White will sit imo. Eller will center fourth line. Orrrr it will be exact lineup as last game with this practice being a message to Eller and reward to Gallagher.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Maybe Eller need's his damn chance before you label him unconsistent? Maybe he could play more than 12 minutes a damn game with Moen and have some PP time ??? No ?
This is too much common sense.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:31 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This forum is borderline unreadable at times.
One of the sharp readers on this forum needs to do a competent statistical analysis of Eller that accounts for icetime, Corsi, etc.

There's a lot of ignorance about Eller, that he sucks because he only scored 16 goals last season, et cetera.

Maybe I should do it... lol.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:35 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
I like the Moen/Eller pairing actually. And Eller doesn't have enough offensive flair to play on the PP. Unless is given the role of screening the goalie.

Moen and Eller should be given more icetime 5 on 5, while smaller guys like Plekanec and Gionta should be mainly used on special teams.

Last edited by LeMAD: 01-21-2013 at 07:41 PM.
LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:36 PM
deandebean

Quote:
If you compare it to last year, he was. Other than that, he seemed to have good legs.

This screams move DD to the wing.
Desharnais is a center. A hockey player with his vision is a center.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:37 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
One of the sharp readers on this forum needs to do a competent statistical analysis of Eller that accounts for icetime, Corsi, etc.

There's a lot of ignorance about Eller, that he sucks because he only scored 16 goals last season, et cetera.

Eller is boss, but I think we're seeing a ceiling to his offensive potential. I don't see him ever being a top offensive center, more of a goal scoring Hanzal type, which would be great.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:40 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Eller should be a winger. He can score for sure. But his passing skills are subpar. That's what aaaaaaallllll the coaches 'including' the one in St.Louis have noticed. In essence, he's not a center. Or he's a 'replacement' center when you have your regular parts injured. He might be useful in that way.