HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 08:32 PM
  #101
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
So because you have no factual basis for which to make an argument you attack the person you disagree with? Seems pretty par for the course.
Sorry if you perceive that as an attack. Its an observation and judging by your lack of denial, its probably accurate.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:36 PM
  #102
MoreGore
Registered User
 
MoreGore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
It might be hard to say -- but Sundin was a better player than Alfredsson.
You should check out their stats when they played at the same time.

MoreGore is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
  #103
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Sorry if you perceive that as an attack. Its an observation and judging by your lack of denial, its probably accurate.
I don't need to defend myself from something that has no basis. You continuation of that without any factual evidence tells me you are grasping. It just makes you seem desperate.

I pretty much guarantee that if you take it to the main boards, or a poll, that Sundin would have an overwhelming win over Alfredsson. We as a fanbase value Alfredsson much more than anyone else does -- and that makes sense seeing as what he has done for our franchise. However just because he is our "God" doesn't make him the best player of all time. It just makes him the most valuable to us.

Sundin > Alfredsson

Also in reference to their stats when they were playing at the same time?

From 95 to 08 Sundin scored 397 goals and 940 points while Alfredsson put up 331 goals and 847 points. Pure statistics never tell the whole story, but that also discounts a few very good seasons of Sundin's (and doesn't take into account that Alfredsson peaked in a very high scoring era on one of the best lines in NHL history.)

Regardless talking about this makes me sick. Just because Sundin got into the HHOF doesn't mean that Alfredsson will. I hope that he does as does everyone else in Ottawa.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
  #104
Micklebot
Registered User
 
Micklebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
You should check out their stats when they played at the same time.
Sundin age gp g a ptsAlfredsson age gp g a pts
1995-96 24 76 33 50 83  23 82 26 35 61
1996-97 25 82 41 53 94  24 76 24 47 71
1997-98 26 82 33 41 74  25 55 17 28 45
1998-99 27 82 31 52 83  26 58 11 22 33
1999-00 28 73 32 41 73  27 57 21 38 59
2000-01 29 82 28 46 74  28 68 24 46 70
2001-02 30 82 41 39 80  29 78 37 34 71
2002-03 31 75 37 35 72  30 78 27 51 78
2003-04 32 81 31 44 75  31 77 32 48 80
2005-06 34 70 31 47 78 33 77 43 60 103
2006-07 35 75 27 49 76  34 77 29 58 87
2007-08 36 74 32 46 78 35 70 40 4989
2008-09 37 41 9 19 28  36 79 24 50 74
Totals 975 406 562 968  932 355 566 921
per game   0.416 0.576 0.992    0.380 0.607 0.988

You could argue that Alfredsson had better line-mates (though Sundin did have a pretty strong backend with Larry Murphy and Schnieder (first year only) followed by Kaberle, McCabe (or Berard), and one of Leetch, Housley, Svehla), but his average is also brought down by some injury riddled seasons early on. The biggest thing going for Sundin is his durability, otherwise they both put up very similar #s.


Edit: Just realized this is the prospects thread...

Micklebot is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:26 PM
  #105
Euclid
Futbol Fan
 
Euclid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Sorry if you perceive that as an attack. Its an observation and judging by your lack of denial, its probably accurate.
You seem to have struck a nerve.

Euclid is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
  #106
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ View Post
You seem to have struck a nerve.
Beware. I have a fake degree in internet know-it-all-ism.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:05 PM
  #107
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Sundin age gp g a ptsAlfredsson age gp g a pts
1995-96 24 76 33 50 83  23 82 26 35 61
1996-97 25 82 41 53 94  24 76 24 47 71
1997-98 26 82 33 41 74  25 55 17 28 45
1998-99 27 82 31 52 83  26 58 11 22 33
1999-00 28 73 32 41 73  27 57 21 38 59
2000-01 29 82 28 46 74  28 68 24 46 70
2001-02 30 82 41 39 80  29 78 37 34 71
2002-03 31 75 37 35 72  30 78 27 51 78
2003-04 32 81 31 44 75  31 77 32 48 80
2005-06 34 70 31 47 78 33 77 43 60 103
2006-07 35 75 27 49 76  34 77 29 58 87
2007-08 36 74 32 46 78 35 70 40 4989
2008-09 37 41 9 19 28  36 79 24 50 74
Totals 975 406 562 968  932 355 566 921
per game   0.416 0.576 0.992    0.380 0.607 0.988

You could argue that Alfredsson had better line-mates (though Sundin did have a pretty strong backend with Larry Murphy and Schnieder (first year only) followed by Kaberle, McCabe (or Berard), and one of Leetch, Housley, Svehla), but his average is also brought down by some injury riddled seasons early on. The biggest thing going for Sundin is his durability, otherwise they both put up very similar #s.


Edit: Just realized this is the prospects thread...
He put up better numbers with worse linemates (it's not like Alfredsson had slouches on the back end with Redden, Chara, Karlsson, etc.), had better durability and accomplished more outside of the NHL also. I don't know why Sundin was brought up as a comparison to Alfredsson in the first place...probably some misplaced know-it-all-ism.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:08 PM
  #108
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,982
vCash: 500
Unrelated note: Everyone here has no Alfredsson avatar. Where's the alfietars!?!

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:09 PM
  #109
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Yes. As has always been the case. Its the HOCKEY HALL OF FAME, not the NHL hall of fame.
Have any non NHL players ever been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame?

Berserker* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:11 PM
  #110
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I have a hard time believing you saw Sundin play many games let alone Alfredsson in his prime.
At what age range would you consider Alfredsson and Sundin to have been in their respective primes?

Berserker* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:54 PM
  #111
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
At what age range would you consider Alfredsson and Sundin to have been in their respective primes?
I consider Alfredsson's peak to be the cup final year back in 07..

H2ODP is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:47 AM
  #112
MeanJoeGreene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Have any non NHL players ever been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame?
Tretiak, Angela James, Cammi Granato.

MeanJoeGreene is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
  #113
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,353
vCash: 500
Ex Nordiques fan here, Sens Fan now,

I would take Sundin before Alfie if I would start a team.

guyzeur is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:41 AM
  #114
OHNOclowe
The Thread Killer
 
OHNOclowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Hey, I'd like to know people's thoughts on the outlook of Zibanejad for the rest of the season for the B-Sens, how much his role could expand, and how healthy he actually is at this point (and if you think he'll stand to remain healthy either way).

Noticed he's back in action, good to see.

Hope the Sundin/Alfie (God Bless Him) talk finds its way to an applicable thread.

Discuss.

(100th post from a recovering lurker)

OHNOclowe is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:33 PM
  #115
Bazel5
Registered User
 
Bazel5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Man it's the hockey hall of fame not the NHL hall of fame Alfie is a lock to get into thier especially as he is one of the best players to ever come out of Sweden.

Further more they already have a thing on Alfie in the HHOF in Toronto. Not an inducted player but a write up with Ottawa vs Toronto and some stuff on Alfie and an Alfir jersey if I remember correctly.

I think this is the Alfie Vs Sundin article you were talking about:

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/me...f-fame-chances

According to the article Sundin has a slight edge, however Alfie still has more playoff points then Sundin - getting 8 more points while playing 11 additional playoff games.

Bazel5 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:37 PM
  #116
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNOclowe View Post
Hey, I'd like to know people's thoughts on the outlook of Zibanejad for the rest of the season for the B-Sens, how much his role could expand, and how healthy he actually is at this point (and if you think he'll stand to remain healthy either way).

Noticed he's back in action, good to see.

Hope the Sundin/Alfie (God Bless Him) talk finds its way to an applicable thread.

Discuss.

(100th post from a recovering lurker)
With Silfverberg up in Ottawa, I expect Zibanejad to become the best winger for Binghamton here on out or top 2. In his return he looks more focused and trying to ease back in. His defensive game is still as solid as ever but now he's finding the open areas and it's resulted into a couple of goals for him. He's also driving the net which I love to see from a kid with his tool-set.

We also have to remember he is still 19 but so far so good from his return. a couple goals and an assist in 3 games.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 02:18 PM
  #117
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNOclowe View Post
Hey, I'd like to know people's thoughts on the outlook of Zibanejad for the rest of the season for the B-Sens, how much his role could expand, and how healthy he actually is at this point (and if you think he'll stand to remain healthy either way).

Noticed he's back in action, good to see.

Hope the Sundin/Alfie (God Bless Him) talk finds its way to an applicable thread.

Discuss.

(100th post from a recovering lurker)
I would expect we will see an improvement in Zibs game. Much like Silf, he struggled out the gate, and then missed time with injury. I am not expecting a PPG pace the rest of the way, but would be happy with 20-25 points the rest of the season, along with his already steady defensive and physical game. That would be a realistic success for 19 year old Zibanejad in my eyes, anything more and he will have exceeded my tempered expectations for him.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
  #118
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazel5 View Post
I think this is the Alfie Vs Sundin article you were talking about:

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/me...f-fame-chances

According to the article Sundin has a slight edge, however Alfie still has more playoff points then Sundin - getting 8 more points while playing 11 additional playoff games.
8 more points in 20 more games, fwiw. Keep in mind this is also written by the Ottawa side.

Anyway, let's try and keep the Sundin/Alfie thing out of here. Mostly my fault, I know, but it's not relevant to the topic and I don't like pumping the tires of a Leafer.

I hope that Zibanejad can put his tools together and really reach the potential that most people have seen in him. He could be a great addition to our team with his size and speed.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:30 PM
  #119
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,424
vCash: 500
Ziibanejad with another goal, third in three games.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:41 PM
  #120
Micklebot
Registered User
 
Micklebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Ziibanejad with another goal, third in three games.
Snakebitten to start the season and comes back on a bit of a tear. Good to see him being rewarded.

Micklebot is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
  #121
playasRus
Registered User
 
playasRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Snakebitten to start the season and comes back on a bit of a tear. Good to see him being rewarded.
Guess his flu is gone.

playasRus is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:33 PM
  #122
General Granny*
 
General Granny*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
He is trying to prove something to his Ex and his dentist.

General Granny* is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
  #123
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,982
vCash: 500
No ****ing hockey sense. 4 points, 3 goals in last 4 games since returning? So what.























ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
  #124
R2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
So Mikael Wikstrand is 5 points away from Oliver Ekman Larsson's totals in Sweden's 2nd tier league. OEL holds the record for the most points by an U20 D-man ever in the 2nd tier league. He has to do it in 9 games if he wants to match that point per game output. He has already matched Ekholm's output in the league.

R2010 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
  #125
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,325
vCash: 500
I like him centring that Regin line when he gets fully up to speed, JOB is an alright 4th liner, Zibby on that line is a completely different animal.

Tuna99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.