HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Crosby for Stamkos

Old
01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Starat327

vCash: 450
Crosby for Stamkos

I had a trade proposed to me a few days ago that involved crosby and neal for stamkos and seguin. Not really keen on giving up Neal so the guy offered Stamkos for Crosby straight up.

Which side do you think wins out here?

I know Crosby is high risk, but i also think he is very high reward. If he plays the full season healthy, i think he out scores Stamkos (g/a/gwg/sog/fow/spec team point categories).

On the flip side, Stamkos has been consistent for the last three years. He is the 'safer' bet to play the full season and put up ppg pace, etc.

I know that a lot of people will see this as a tit for tat trade, but im curious if anyone thinks there is a clear winner in this trade or not?

Starat327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:47 PM
FlamesFan18
Regression Obsession

vCash: 500
Close, I had this problem too. If Crosby can stay healthy you gotta keep him, and its well worth the risk. But, if you want to be safe and your team could use more goals than assists go with Stammer.

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Hutzler

There is no clear winner...but I would stick with Crosby. He is the best player in the league when healthy.

I got nervous when he was injured and dealt him away, kind of regret it now even though I did get a decent return.

Hutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
JaeTM

I'd rather have Stamkos. Crosby's shown that he can score as he's scored 50 before, but Stamkos has done in a few years in a row now, and scored 60 last year. Goals are harder to come by than assists, and you know you're going to get goals w/ Stammer. That, and Crosby's health record is iffy like mentioned. There's not that huge of a gap between Crosby and Stamkos as they go stat wise, and I'd rather have the guy that scores more goals and is more likely to be healthy.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:10 PM
EWreckShin
Go Bruins Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
I'd rather have Stamkos. Crosby's shown that he can score as he's scored 50 before, but Stamkos has done in a few years in a row now, and scored 60 last year. Goals are harder to come by than assists, and you know you're going to get goals w/ Stammer. That, and Crosby's health record is iffy like mentioned. There's not that huge of a gap between Crosby and Stamkos as they go stat wise, and I'd rather have the guy that scores more goals and is more likely to be healthy.
I totally agree.

EWreckShin is offline   Reply With Quote