HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread: Nothing Else Matters

View Poll Results: Where will Luongo end up?
Toronto 1 8.33%
Florida 8 66.67%
Philly 1 8.33%
Washington 0 0%
Tampa Bay 0 0%
Columbus 0 0%
Chicago 0 0%
N.Y. Islanders 0 0%
Detroit 0 0%
Other 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 08:29 PM
turkulad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I took that as being the player isn't who anyone thinks it is, and there has been a lot of talk about Bozak/Kadri/etc so I think it's not any of those players. Weiss is a guy who needs to be re-signed by Florida, but if he won't re-sign then it makes sense for them to move him. Perhaps Florida is trying to re-sign him before moving on, and the Canucks are in talks with his agent re: an extension before pulling the trigger on a deal?
Maybe it's Komisarek?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Tiranis

Philly? They have another player that they have to do something with in Bryzgalov... and outside of that one rumour by some fairly reliable sources, they haven't been mentioned a whole lot.

I don't really get Florida because what exactly is there that they have to do first?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Philly? They have another player that they have to do something with in Bryzgalov... and outside of that one rumour by some fairly reliable sources, they haven't been mentioned a whole lot.

I don't really get Florida because what exactly is there that they have to do first?
Yeah youre right, seems like the most logical scenario i can think of right now. (philly/bryzgalov)

Who do you think is the player the canucks would be targeting on the flyers?

People want to think Sean Couturier im sure, but thats not going to happen

Old
01-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Max Quackenbush

GMMG would only mention this if Luongo would accept the trade and it was a very big return he is excited about.

Maybe Erik Gudbranson who got into hot water with Florida for his injury in cold water, wake boarding? or a player on the Stars, the Habs or the Rockies that cannot be traded until they sign their RFAs? or maybe someone on the Islanders that can't be traded until Visnovsky comes back? or a team with a prominent UFA or 2 like the Ducks they want to sign and can't trade until they secure their UFAs: http://capgeek.com/free-agents/? or a team like Philly or the Devils with a major injury (Briere)(Henrique) that can't trade until their player comes back: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/injuries?

Last edited by Max Quackenbush: 01-21-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 08:40 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Crisp View Post
If it really isn't who anyone thinks, it's probably not FLA.
Washington?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

I was thinking Philly as well.

Voracek for Luongo is something I could see both sides doing. Gillis has to know the 2nd line needs some playmaking and he is looking to make the team bigger and younger.

Don't see the Flyers moving Simmonds, Schenn or Couturier. Matt Read could be another guy Gillis covets.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Yeah youre right, seems like the most logical scenario i can think of right now. (philly/bryzgalov)

Now who do you think is the player the canucks would be targeting on the flyers?

People want to think Sean Couturier im sure, but thats not going to happen
Yeah, I don't know who exactly but Flyers do have some nice young guys. My guess is that we want Schenn, Couturier or Simmonds. I just can't imagine that Gillis would settle for any of their lesser prospects.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

I can't get the article to work for me. Did Gillis say it was a Luongo deal, or could it be somebody else?

Wouldn't be surprised if Ballard is on his way out. Visnovsky was suspended for the Islanders...

Old
01-21-2013, 08:46 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know who exactly but Flyers do have some nice young guys. My guess is that we want Schenn, Couturier or Simmonds. I just can't imagine that Gillis would settle for any of their lesser prospects.
Phillies biggest need (outside of a goalie) is defense right now, I thought they would deal for that before a Luongo-like trade.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I can't get the article to work for me. Did Gillis say it was a Luongo deal, or could it be somebody else?

Wouldn't be surprised if Ballard is on his way out. Visnovsky was suspended for the Islanders...
Seemed to be in the context of the Luongo deal, but who knows... a transcript of the interview would make it clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Phillies biggest need (outside of a goalie) is defense right now, I thought they would deal for that before a Luongo-like trade.
Perhaps one of our D is involved? Although I don't think they have room for Ballard and I don't see Gillis giving up Tanev.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
MajorCanuck
Cup Please

Quote:
Send Luongo and Ballard there way.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Cocoa Crisp

Quote:
Lu and Ballard. Done and done.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:49 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Crisp View Post
Lu and Ballard. Done and done.
haha I wish it was that easy, they don't have a terrible contract to send back our way (unless we take Bryz).

Old
01-21-2013, 08:50 PM
mriswith

Philly is just too perfect of a trading partner. Simmonds, Voracek, B. Schenn, Couturier all fit team needs perfectly...

It could also be another team waiting to see if their goaltending falters to start the season, i.e. Washington, Tampa, or even the Jets.

Quote:
haha I wish it was that easy, they don't have a terrible contract to send back our way (unless we take Bryz).
They have Pronger.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Cocoa Crisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post

It was written in the context of Luongo's status. It would be very misleading to write it that way without the understanding that Gillis was commenting on a Luongo trade.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:

The article states that gillis has been offered packages with good players but where he also takes on salary back (a player that doesn't fit the needs) and it sort of implies that he's not interested in that and thats the reason those deals haven't worked

Quote:
“Excess salary coming back with a [throw-in] player who can’t play in our lineup. They say, ‘OK, we’ll do this, but you’ve got to take this.’ Well, we’re not taking it. We’ve had lots of proposals like that with good pieces that can help us but the other part doesn’t help us, and oftentimes they have term attached to them, so we’d just be turning around and buying out a guy.
So he for sure wouldn't take on bryz. or anybody else that doesn't fit the teams needs

Old
01-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Cocoa Crisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by schism View Post
Philly is just too perfect of a trading partner. Simmonds, Voracek, B. Schenn, Couturier all fit team needs perfectly...

It could also be a team waiting to see if their goaltending falters to start the season, i.e. Washington, Tampa, or even the Jets.

They have Pronger.
If I'm understanding Pronger's situation correctly, he's essentially done, correct? Just going to stay on LTIR until his contract expires and the issue has to do with cap flexibility in the offseason?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Pseudonymous

kadri scores again. nice goal. guy would look good on our PP

Old
01-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Samzilla

Quote:
kadri scores again. nice goal
would've been nice to get him

Old
01-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Max Quackenbush

It is interesting that Tallon was apparently given the cap clearance by the Owners of the Panthers to add Luongo.

There has to be considerable interest there and Markstrom is recovering from KNEE surgery so the idea they don't need an upgrade is probably untrue.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
kadri scores again. nice goal. guy would look good on our PP
Kadri with Booth...the Crusade line!

Ok hands up if you got it...

Old
01-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Samzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiver View Post
Kadri with Booth...the Crusade line!

Ok hands up if you got it...
Muslim and Christian?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

With the way Kadri has been playing. If Gillis turned down that deal, we might really look stupid.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
With the way Kadri has been playing. If Gillis turned down that deal, we might really look stupid.
Unless Schneider busts.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:09 PM
vector209

I'm more astonished at the fact that Gillis claims this team is as good as the 2011 squad. Way too much Vancouver reefer there, big Mike.

Closed Thread