HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

How to Purchase khl.ru Live Broadcasts?

Old
10-11-2012, 05:36 PM
ult

vCash: 500
So, were you able to watch Neftekhimik vs Slovan stream?

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Faterson

Both the Neftekhimik vs. Slovan game and Salavat Yulayev vs. Slovan game on Saturday are shown on regular TV here (Sport 1/ Sport 2 channel). But the Ak Bars vs. Slovan game on Monday is not on TV, so that's when I'll try the purchase. Great game @Neftekhimik tonight, btw.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Faterson

A Slovak viewer purchased the official Salavat Yulayev vs. Slovan stream for 49 roubles earlier today, but he complains that its quality was no better than in a "free" stream, with frequent delays (supposedly of up to 5 minutes!) and interruptions.

Well, that makes me wonder whether I should purchase the Ak Bars vs. Slovan stream on Monday; but I'll probably do so, if only to test the payments via Yandex Dengi.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:53 AM
dasa
Rookie User

[QUOTE=Faterson;54743737]These sites are very unreliable (not all games are shown) and the quality of those streams is usually bad, with frequent disconnections, etc. In contrast, when I watched a short segment of the Chekhov vs. Slovan game on the official khl.ru site, the stream was of fine quality. They switched it off for free users after the 1st period so I never got to see Slovan's win, just as I didn't get to see Slovan's win today.

And how can it possible to watch free 1st period games on the official khl.ru site ?
Please help me, I started only 1 month ago Russian language , I can read cyrillic , but I dont' yet understand .
To watch free is important to understand their stremeability on mt PC .
Regards from Italy

dasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Any free sites that work on android mobile

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:14 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasa View Post
And how can it possible to watch free 1st period games on the official khl.ru site ?
Please help me, I started only 1 month ago Russian language , I can read cyrillic , but I dont' yet understand .
To watch free is important to understand their stremeability on mt PC .
Regards from Italy
Don't know about other browsers but Google Chrome has an option to automatically translate the web page which I recommend to use regarding such matters.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

what email? why there is error after entering email? One game from khl website

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Faterson

Doesn't matter... just enter your email address there, and you will receive a payment confirmation.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Faterson

Vorky, do you have an idea why the Barys vs. Slovan game cannot be purchased from khl.ru as the only game tomorrow? It's not shown on TV in Slovakia, either.

What amateurishness... so we will need to follow "text broadcasts", or (at best) pirate streams tomorrow.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Faterson

PS: You get an error after entering your email address? Are you entering the email address registered with Yandex?

Old
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
PS: You get an error after entering your email address? Are you entering the email address registered with Yandex?
yes, and another one.. nothing working.

Btw, Yandex Dengi changed something? Compare this and scan from december 2012 I made. Step 2 missing

Btw Sberbank, former Volksbank in Europe, plans to buy Yandex.Dengi
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BI0PV20121219

Old
01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Btw, Yandex Dengi changed something? Compare this and scan from december 2012 I made. Step 2 missing
Wow. Looks like Yandex disabled credit-cards. That means, no more Slovak customers. They probably had too many of them recently.

Well, this is too bad. Our only option to buy khl.ru broadcasts, and it looks like it's gone. I'd love to try it nevertheless, buying tomorrow's game Barys vs. Slovan, but khl.ru does not even offer the broadcast.

KHL, wake up and make PayPal purchases possible! The NHL has just enabled them this season.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:23 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Wow. Looks like Yandex disabled credit-cards. That means, no more Slovak customers. They probably had too many of them recently.
Who knows? You can still do it via Управление счетом - Банковские карты - привязать, but not working for me. Only my problem or Yandex really disabled this? Anyone?

Quote:
Well, this is too bad. Our only option to buy khl.ru broadcasts, and it looks like it's gone. I'd love to try it nevertheless, buying tomorrow's game Barys vs. Slovan, but khl.ru does not even offer the broadcast.
Maybe we will discover another one. Sberbank Europe-Yandex.Dengi- KHL? Barys has bad arena, maybe a reason? Not a big deal, will be solved sooner than later (new arena). Do you remember no tv signal from Torpedo or Severstal (IIRC)?

Quote:
KHL, wake up and make PayPal purchases possible! The NHL has just enabled them this season.
Why should KHL, based in Russia, support PayPal which does not cooperate with russian banks? Because you and many ppl using PayPal? You know that BRICS want to use own currency instead of dollar, right? There is the answer...
I read Sberbank Europe will create something like ZUNO BANK, already lured this hungarian guy from Raiffeisen Bank who developed it. Unfortunatelly only in Austria, mb Germany.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
problem solved, not working with Mozilla, working with Opera

Old
01-21-2013, 07:03 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Мне не удается привязать к счету свою карту: сервис выдает ошибку. Почему?
Проверьте, в какой стране выпущена ваша карта. Это должна быть Россия, Азербайджан, Белоруссия, Израиль, Казахстан, Украина или Эстония.
Привязка других карт запрещена из соображений безопасности.
http://money.yandex.ru/card/card-payment/faq.xml
only Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Israel, Kazakhstan and Ukraine?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:34 PM
steap

Send a message via ICQ to steap

Maybe now you can purchase by international cards.

steap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Poor show all round really.

If the KHL wants to make itself more accessible then it really does need to GIVE THE OPTION of people who aren't based in Russia to buy the webcasts.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Why should KHL, based in Russia, support PayPal which does not cooperate with russian banks? Because you and many ppl using PayPal?
Of course, exactly!

That's what great customer service is all about: you focus on what your customer needs, and not on your selfish corporate needs. I don't give a damn about PayPal in Russia. I'm not in Russia. PayPal is the world's no. 1 online purchase method, therefore the KHL should support it. Period. No excuses! The KHL can set up a bank account in Switzerland for all I care, and collect their subscription money from PayPal there.

PS: Thank you, steap. That might work. I'd love to try that for the Barys vs. Slovan game today, but in another embarrassing failure, the KHL does not offer the broadcast for purchase. Will need to rely on pirate sites instead.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:52 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Poor show all round really.

If the KHL wants to make itself more accessible then it really does need to GIVE THE OPTION of people who aren't based in Russia to buy the webcasts.
learn russian!

Old
01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Faterson

Vorky, are you trolling, drunk, or just very tired?

The KHL is not a Russian league. No one is obliged to learn Russian.

The KHL has been an utter, embarrassing failure in terms of online broadcast purchases so far, when it comes to serving fans outside Russia. They are behaving like a bush league in the 2012/13 season.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:09 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I want to watch DEL, I learn german, I want to watch NHL, I learn english, I want to watch KHL, I learn russian, I want to watch chinese league, I learn chinese.. I see no different.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Faterson

Absolute nonsense. Russian is not an international lingua franca. English is. If the KHL wants to be an international league, it must offer all of its customer-facing features in English, too. It already has an English site, therefore it's a colossal failure to offer no webcast purchase options for the international audience.

I can't possibly see you're being serious. Please let's stop this right here.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
I want to watch NHL, I learn english,
But the NHL offers their website in foreign languages, and therefore gives you a chance to purchase GCL in the native language.

You are being simply ridiculous. We get it, you think the KHL is awesome. I like it too. But there are some things wrong with the league.

And as what Faterson said above. If it is an international league, it has a care of duty to offer services in Russian, Czech, Slovak, Latvian, etc.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:38 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
And as what Faterson said above. If it is an international league, it has a care of duty to offer services in Russian, Czech, Slovak, Latvian, etc.
I wouldn't go as far as to demand service in each of the national languages. (Translations are usually pitiful, anyway, on the level of Google Translate parodies.) That sounds like a bureaucratic EU ordinance one might expect from Brussels.

But at least one international version for all core services (purchase of webcasts among them) is obligatory. English is the lingua franca of today -- Russian is not. I love Russian and always access khl.ru in its Russian version (haven't opened the English version since the season started), but I'm an exception, on the level of perhaps 1% against 99%. The 99% are left out in the cold by the KHL this season, in terms of broadcast purchases.

(And again... the game in Astana starts in about 2 hours, but there is no way to purchase it. Inexcusable at the end of the regular season, when every point in the play-offs race counts.)

Old
01-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Faterson

Pirates show the Barys vs. Slovan game, via Astana TV. Very bad, jerky picture quality, but definitely better than nothing.

What a debacle for the KHL, when pirates provide better service for hockey fans than the league's official site provides for its paying customers. What would have happened if I had bought the "All Slovan Games" video subscription from khl.ru at the start of the season? Yeah, I would have been cheated out of watching a crucial game.

The NHL is not doing any better these days, with outrageous GameCenter blackouts in the middle of the night in Europe.

The two incompetent corporations make online pirates look like true heroes of the modern age.