- Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville continue to click. Nice to see a number 1 line playing like it.
- Ott and Kaleta and Foligno setting tone early, carrying it on and basically being hard to play against.
- FES starting to knock the rust off.
- Penalty killing was huge.
- Miller was dialed in, especially on the extended 5-on-3.
- Grigs getting some d-zone work and doing it well.
The Bad -
- Scott losing his tilt with Orr.
- Penalty parade in the second.
- MacArthur had a rough night - blown chance, turnovers, and a lazy penalty.
- What was the late call on Kaleta for? Hecht, I could understand, but Kaleta?
- Poms missing the open net. Some things never change for the Sabres. Dave Snuggerud's ghost or something.
The Ugly -
- Ice quality.
- Getting owned at the dot. Please address.
- ACC camera feeds. Can we get some replays? The ones without someones head in the way?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
-VHP line continues to click and create chances.
-Kaleta and Ott.
-Sulzer. He was the steadiest guy on the backend tonight.
-Miller made some timely saves.
-Foligno...if only for his random fight.
-The PK, particularly in the first period.
-FES line didn't generate much in the first two periods.
-11 shots through the first two periods? Not good.
-Scott looking out of shape. He was gassed after about five seconds in his fight and let Orr look really good.
-The percentage at the faceoff dot. Losing every single draw in the last two minutes of play...not good. Not good at all.
The win. I feel like last year, we would have let this thing get to OT and probably lose.
Miller playing like a boss.
The PK units
HPV's chemistry is a beautiful thing
FES starting to pick it up as the game carried on
Ott/Scott/Foligno/Kaleta setting the tone.
Really like the attitude the team's had so far, getting in people's faces when they bump miller
Is it just me, or have myers and ennis really struggled with puck control for most of these 2 games?
FES as the 2nd PP unit. Put grigs in for foligno. I think it would help his confidence if he could create some offense. But so far I've liked what I've seen from him, very few d zone issues aside from the one brain fart in the 2nd today
MacArthur was awful
Didn't really notice Kessel much and he failed to bury that chance at the very end
I think as he gets more comfortable with the speed of the NHL and his defensive positioning etc. we're gonna see more offense out of him.
Having 6'2" 210 lbs guys barreling down on you in the offensive zone will adjust you to the speed of the game pretty quick. He hasn't been able to generate much but he hasn't looked in over his head.
I think outside of Miller that Kaleta was the team's most valuable player. The guy skated all the way from center ice to the far defensive zone to break up a play half a dozen times tonight. He was great.