HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So you're saying that he should be playing no matter what the offer is? It's a negotiation that is between 2 people who sees things differently.
This guy literally said that whatever MB offers is fair value for Subban, a priori. That external valuations of Subban, including those of Subban and his agent are irrelevant.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:21 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Go through this forum's archives and look up the Gomez trade thread. People knew it would suck.

You know what, let me find the threads for you:

Boston Bruins Board from June 2009:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=656992
Nearly all the Bruins fans are celebrating how bad the Habs are going to be, no hindsight required

Edmonton Oilers board from June 2009:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=656995
Mostly recognizing it as a good trade for NYR

Montreal fans on a different hockey board criticizing the trade in June 2009:
http://*****************/threads/125...mped-from-June)

And finally, from this very board:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=656981

Nearly everybody knew it was a bade trade at the time except your beloved professionals.
Best quote in the gomez thread:

Gomez may be a big bargaining chip to lure some the Sedins or another play to MTL via UFA

Old
01-21-2013, 10:23 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Best quote in the gomez thread:

Gomez may be a big bargaining chip to lure some the Sedins or another play to MTL via UFA
You laugh at it now, but for a good 2 years a lot of Habs fans in Montreal believed that the only reason Gionta and Cammalleri agreed to be vastly overpaid in Montreal was that they wanted to play with Gomez.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
icerocket

Quote:
You laugh at it now, but for a good 2 years a lot of Habs fans in Montreal believed that the only reason Gionta and Cammalleri agreed to be vastly overpaid in Montreal was that they wanted to play with Gomez.
It was the only way to justify such a bad trade.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

GUYS,

PK threw a towel on the ground once after practice.

A TOWEL!

Bergevin is right to avoid a long term contract with this cancer, and obvious anti-towelite.

Old
Nedved

habs need to sign subban. we cannot compete without him. he's a huge part of this team, and should be given the years he wants so long as the money is decent. 7 years 38 million.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Denial is the first step of grief.....

Old
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
It still will not change my opinion about this situation facing the Habs team.
I don't think anything, including facts, will.

The mark of a true scholar is that what he/she believes on monday is the same as what he/she believes on wednesday, no matter what happened on tuesday.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Douchy is stating an opinion about PK Subban?

You can call me whatever you like. It still will not change my opinion about this situation facing the Habs team.
I don't want you to change your opinion, I just want you to stop posting in this thread

Old
01-21-2013, 10:34 PM
DAChampion

Quote:

You can call me whatever you like. It still will not change my opinion about this situation facing the Habs team.
Maybe we're misunderstanding,

But your opinion seems to be that Subban should accept whatever Bergevin is offering.

If Bergevin offers 2 years @ 3 million per, do you think Subban would be disloyal by rejecting the offer?

Old
01-21-2013, 10:35 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I don't think anything, including facts, will.

The mark of a true scholar is that what he/she believes on monday is the same as what he/she believes on wednesday, no matter what happened on tuesday.
Completely not true.

A true scholar shifts his views if impressive new information comes in.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Completely not true.

A true scholar shifts his views if impressive new information comes in.
I think your sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:38 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:

Listen, southernhab, I usually side with you on many issues. The piling on that is happening in this thread is a bit ridiculous, but I feel you've brought some of it on yourself.

PK shouldn't just sign the first deal offered because management says so. That entire notion is ridiculous.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Maybe we're misunderstanding,

But your opinion seems to be that Subban should accept whatever Bergevin is offering.

If Bergevin offers 2 years @ 3 million per, do you think Subban would be disloyal by rejecting the offer?
No. Subban is worth more than $3 but no more than $4.5 in my opinion which does not count for anything. So that is irrelevant what you or I think he should get.

Subban/Meehan and Bergevin had an opportunity to negotiate the contract before the season began.

Meehan is a hardball agent. Everyone knows that. Regardless of what Subban thought was right or a good offer, I am sure that Meehan told PK to say no and to make management sweat a little bit.

Then the lockout happened.

Now Subban is missing playing time and the lines in the sand have been drawn.

Hell, look at the emotion coming from the pro-Subban posters just for laying fault on Subban. You think that the players are just sitting around not giving a **** about what is happening?

Subban is becoming increasingly more toxic for this team as each day passes.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:43 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:

I could not believe what you just said. Since when Subban is toxic to the Habs? Our team is missing him big time.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Lets get back on topic posts. And lets try to discuss the topic at hand.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Stop with the flaming, baiting, and any type of ridiculous actions. Only warning.

EDIT: Or because overlords is a jerk and ninja'd me.. now you've had two warnings.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:46 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I could not believe what you just said. Since when Subban is toxic to the Habs? Our team is missing him big time.
You think all of the Habs players are happy that Subban will be missing Game number two tomorrow night?

You think the coaching staff is happy that Subban will be missing Game number two tomorrow night?

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
No. Subban is worth more than $3 but no more than $4.5 in my opinion which does not count for anything. So that is irrelevant what you or I think he should get.

Subban/Meehan and Bergevin had an opportunity to negotiate the contract before the season began.

Meehan is a hardball agent. Everyone knows that. Regardless of what Subban thought was right or a good offer, I am sure that Meehan told PK to say no and to make management sweat a little bit.

Hell, look at the emotion coming from the pro-Subban posters just for laying fault on Subban. You think that the players are just sitting around not giving a **** about what is happening?

Not understand and you can call Meehan a hardball agent yet somehow forget to call Bergevin's any names for wanting to implement a bridge contract or wanting to make some kind of statement out of the negotiation. Both party might have their share of blame. Yet, if true, Subban has every right to use comparables throughout the league. And Bergevin should understand that this bridge contract for this guy is not needed and that he could actually use that to get less on a longer period for Subban which in the end, we would benefit from it.

Old
DAChampion

Quote:

First, I don't know that the team is toxic.

If they're the worst team in the league without Subban, they can't begrudge Subban without playing as he could not possibly have an impact. There's a difference worth fighting for between 4th and 1st, between 10th and 7th, but not between 15th and 12th.

They also just went through a lockout, and you know that our players were pro-lockout. They might appreciate what Subban is doing, as he is fighting for his due. They did the same thing. They didn't want to be exploited, and now Subban doesn't want to be exploited. If they are good teammates they will support him.

The reason us pro-Subban posters are emotional is that we don't want to see a Chicago-style rebuild that drags for years and years. We don't want to lose Subban like we lost McDonagh and Chelios.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Those old Gomez threads are fun to read. Here's on of my earliest quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm pretty sure Gainey woke up around 3pm the day after this trade with an empty bottle of Tequila, a bunch of new tatoos that he didn't remember getting and a really sore ass.

It just doesn't get any worse than this. Horrible trade.

We'd actually have been better off signing Koivu for three years at 7 million per year.
It's almost worth seeing another horrible trade go down just so I can read the threads...

Old
01-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
You think all of the Habs players are happy that Subban will be missing Game number two tomorrow night?

You think the coaching staff is happy that Subban will be missing Game number two tomorrow night?
By that logic Bergevin is also toxic to the team. Takes two to tango.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:50 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Except Bergevin can't keep the puck out of the net

Old
01-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
except bergevin can't keep the puck out of the net
No Excuses!

Old
01-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Thing is, you either sign a guy or don't. If you can't sign a guy for all sorts of reasons, you trade him. And you do it while the value is pretty high. I don't agree with that bridge contracts Bergevin "seems" to have a fixation on. So I would not agree with a trade. But if HE believes that,s how it has to go, well that's how it has to go. But if the players will never agree to it, you don't make a player sit out the way it could happen. So you trade him. But you had to do it when it was clearly in the summer that it would not happen. I guess that both believes the other party will change their minds, seems that Bergevin won't. So PK, in the end, will actually have to accept whatever offer Bergevin gives him. By doing so, unless we major overpay him, you can bet what you want that PK will do his best to get the **** out of here as soon as he's UFA. And if Bergevin can't play his cards properly, we might lose Subban for nothing. All this for a bridge contract? I guess I've mentioned all the worst that could happen....but it could. Can we take the chance of it happening? Not only is the situation bad for the relation that PK has with his teamates but now it will be bad between PK and the team.

All this, again, because of a bridge contract. All this because we have to give a small contract for players that finish their ELC because we're not so sure of them. Instead of having a vision and knowing that this player will be solid for us, so instead of waiting 1 or 2 years and THEN having to pay an incredibly high amount of money, we could actually save some right now by signing a long term with a better cap hit. A salary that "could" also be tradeable 'cause the cap hit might not be as dramatic as it could be in 2 years.

Closed Thread