HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Yakupov or Tarasenko

Old
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Tarasenko

For Yakupov: I can still see the 'junior' positioning mistakes, such as over-skating the play and taking longer circles to maintain speed.

Tarasenko's hockey sense is much more refined after 4+ years of Pro KHL Hockey and Russian NT (1 WC and 4+ Eurotours - which is also a very good level of hockey). He's a Vet compared to Yakupov.

Last edited by Fulcrum: 01-21-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
tsujimoto74

Tarasenko, easily. He's by far the more polished prospect right now, obviously because he's older and has more experience playing in a professional league against men.
Yakupov may end up the better player in the long run, but for this season, it's gotta be Tarasenko.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:17 PM
BattleGuy

vCash: 50
Tarasenko will get better minutes because the Blues forward group is much weaker. He is also older and and more development time. In 5 years this won't even be a discussion as Yakupov will be a far better player.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneGretzky View Post
Tarasenko will get better minutes because the Blues forward group is much weaker. He is also older and and more development time. In 5 years this won't even be a discussion as Yakupov will be a far better player.
I'd be willing to take that bet, and I think Tarasenko will still have an argument as the better player.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Slay

Quote:
To be far better player he'll need to be in Crosby Malkin territory which I think won't happen.

Slay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:55 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
let's just say i completely disagree with this statement.

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
To say Yak will be better is one thing to say he will be a far better player tells me you are a extreme homer who is either overvaluing Yakupov or are undervaluing Tarasneko...Its not as if Vlad has not been a highly touted prospect for years and he already tore up the KHL...I see no reason that Vlad will not be a top notch first line player...Yak could wind up better but for him to be far better you like someon else said he would have to be Crosby/Malkin which I dont think anybody anticipates him to be.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:03 PM
KidLine93

Tarasenko. He was better in Russia this season as well. Who will be better down the road is a toss up, but looking at what Tarasenko has done these first 2 games he looks really good

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:04 PM
nitz

Why would this get posted today? Tarasenko is the NHL's darling rookie/flavor of the day because of his quick start. Of course everyoneis gonna pick him.

/facepalm

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Because? I still haven't seen any strong positive feedback about Yakupov other than he was drafted 1st overall and will automatically be a top goal scorer based on nothing about his gameplay or development curve at the Pro level.

I just want to get a better understanding of what is or will be making Yakupov so successful in the NHL other than people who rant about his trade value and not his team value.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:14 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
Why would this get posted today? Tarasenko is the NHL's darling rookie/flavor of the day because of his quick start. Of course everyoneis gonna pick him.

/facepalm
Aw I guess we should have done it on draft day so the unproven player would get even more undeserved credit as a pro?

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:15 PM
alphahelix

If Yakupov has a better season than Tarasenko I think we can close the books on who is the better player. Tarasenko should be more seasoned and better prepared, and should win out this year. I think Tarasenko may even wind up better in the long run... but like I said, if Yakupov wins this year the odds are long that Tarasenko catches up.

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 3530
Quote:
Then whos? Edmontons? You have GOT to be kidding me....

As for the rest of your post, lol.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Then whos? Edmontons? You have GOT to be kidding me....

As for the rest of your post, lol.
I would take the Oilers top 6 forwards over STL's easily.

As for Tarasenko vs Yakupov, Tarasenko is sick, like other people said hes older and better right now but Yakupov could also get it together as the season goes on and play better.

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:33 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
I would take the Oilers top 6 forwards over STL's easily.

As for Tarasenko vs Yakupov, Tarasenko is sick, like other people said hes older and better right now but Yakupov could also get it together as the season goes on and play better.
what about the other 6 forwards? Blues roll four lines. Three are scoring lines. And really, I wouldn't take Edmonton's

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:36 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Tarasenko will be better for this season IMO

He's a lot older
And in the future. IMO,

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
lakai17

Yakupov will get set up by Hemsky and Gagner whom are also great linemates to start off his career. Edmonton will be able to run with two potential number one lines in the near future, if not today , I mean look at Edmonton's powerplay units as well.

I vote Yakupov.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
The Blues forward group is weaker? Seriously? If anything it's deeper than the Oilers. There isn't as much high end skill, but there is more depth.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Smallz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Yakupov will get set up by Hemsky and Gagner whom are also great linemates to start off his career. Edmonton will be able to run with two potential number one lines in the near future, if not today , I mean look at Edmonton's powerplay units as well.

I vote Yakupov.
In a 7 game series in the near future, give me the Blues forwards over the Oilers forwards every time

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Ynnek

Quote:
Typical oiler fan Bias!! St Louis has much better forwards than the oilers. And its debatable whether Yakupov will ever be as good as Tarasenko is now.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:16 PM
nitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Aw I guess we should have done it on draft day so the unproven player would get even more undeserved credit as a pro?
That's actually not what I said at all. Why would you try and put those words in my mouth?

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:

The Blues 2-way forwards play relentless forecheck and backcheck and would destroy the Oilers ice dancers, especially in a playoff atmosphere.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Pi

I think I'd pick Tarasenko even in the future.

I see Yakupov as a one dimensional winger that can hit...mind you, one capable of hitting PPG so I'm not trashing him.

Tarasenko on the other hand seems like a two way player, great goal scoring ability, high IQ, good vision.

If he can play like this for 75% of the Blues games...he's their biggest star in his rookie season.

Pi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Because? I still haven't seen any strong positive feedback about Yakupov other than he was drafted 1st overall and will automatically be a top goal scorer based on nothing about his gameplay or development curve at the Pro level.

I just want to get a better understanding of what is or will be making Yakupov so successful in the NHL other than people who rant about his trade value and not his team value.
Keep in mind how good Tarasenko is. When he was 19, he had 9 goals in 42 games in the KHL. Yakupov had 10 goals in what, 21 or 22 games? Just as many points as well, except it took Yak half the amount of games. Projection is part of the guessing game, so that's a good place to start on WHy people might think Yakupov will be better.

I won't say for sure either way though.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Mike Liut

Tarasenko just really fits the Blues system too. He's not the floating type. He will learn from some of the best 2 way players in the league in Backes, Oshie, Steen, Sobotka and Berglund. Relentless style. Hitch is the master too.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote