HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 12.0 - The "Un-Stickied" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Pascal Milano interview with the new coach: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer...7_accueil_POS3

The coach confirms we will play either 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
DonnieBrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
So can you guys tell me why Bernier was bashed for his first few games

I'm so sick of language arguments, it's just a ****ing language.

Oh and tell me what language has to do with having a soft team...

Everywhere French and Anglo Bigots. GTFO please.
The media seems to start or want somekind of language issue...IMFC supporters are multiethnic and all they want is a competitive club on the pitch. Anyone who wants to start a language issue needs to be shut up because this could complicate simple trades or players wanting to come play here.

No one ever asked for a french speaking coach, Mr.Saputo only wanted to prevent a language quarrel even though nothing was brewing that way.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Pascal Milano interview with the new coach: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer...7_accueil_POS3

The coach confirms we will play either 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.
4-2-3-1 makes sense if Pisanu looks good on the wing.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Woland

Hey Brad, thanks for sharing.

Guys, it's that time of the year again...yes , it's now time for you to book time off work so you can travel with all the fans.

Starts with a bang with a trip to Tarana and then NYC.

http://um02.com/

Old
01-21-2013, 12:06 PM
MontrealYul

Frank Lampard to join LA?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...LA-Galaxy.html

By the way does anybody know when the tickets will go on sale? Can't wait for the first game at the Big O!

Old
01-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
4-2-3-1 makes sense if Pisanu looks good on the wing.
It makes also sense because the IMpact got only ONE real forward, Di Vaio

Old
01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
It makes also sense because the IMpact got only ONE real forward, Di Vaio
Sure Di Vaio is the only "true" striker but Wenger is more than capable to play up front with him.

I like the 4-2-3-1

Maybe Smith at LWB?

Last edited by Rumcajs: 01-21-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
Sure Di Vaio is the only "true" striker but Wenger is more than capable to play up front with him.
I hope they gonna give the kid (Wenger) a good shot at forward this year.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Head coach Schällibaum has no intention on changing the captain.

Arnaud it is... Kind of a weird thing to announce. Maybe they just want to put the issue to bed before it potentially gets out of control.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1375
Hoepfully it doesn't mean that Arnaud will be an everyday starter...

Old
01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

He's captain for as long as he is in the team. But if he gets traded, that's another story.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:07 PM
BradtheAg06

OK...growing up in Texas, the MLS doesn't get a lot of visibility. Obviously FC Dallas and the Dynamo play here, but they get almost no tv or radio time due to football, basketball, and baseball. No doubt IMFC is now my favorite team and I will make a point to stay up to date on a daily basis. Is there a good site to visit (other than the team's official website) that gives a pretty fair and balanced view of the team/players? Or even someone that can give me a quick run down of the players to get excited about? I'm obviously familiar with Arnaud and the two Itilians just from having watched soccer over the past decade or so, but I don't know a lot about IMFC. My friends and family are trying to get a feeling for the team culture and what the fans are like. We are thrilled to see that Montreal seems to care MUCH more about soccer than most of the United States and we are thrilled to see that Blake will be playing in a city that actually watches soccer.

One other question...are there unwritten rules of this forum as to what is cool/not cool to say or talk about? I've been on several sports forums that tend to give the "new guy" a hard time because he doesn't know the inside jokes etc. Thanks in advance for the information and warm welcome!

Old
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradtheAg06 View Post
Is there a good site to visit (other than the team's official website) that gives a pretty fair and balanced view of the team/players? Or even someone that can give me a quick run down of the players to get excited about? I'm obviously familiar with Arnaud and the two Itilians just from having watched soccer over the past decade or so, but I don't know a lot about IMFC. My friends and family are trying to get a feeling for the team culture and what the fans are like. We are thrilled to see that Montreal seems to care MUCH more about soccer than most of the United States and we are thrilled to see that Blake will be playing in a city that actually watches soccer.

One other question...are there unwritten rules of this forum as to what is cool/not cool to say or talk about? I've been on several sports forums that tend to give the "new guy" a hard time because he doesn't know the inside jokes etc. Thanks in advance for the information and warm welcome!
Loaded questions. I'll try to answer as well as I can. Hopefully others can chime in with more.

Sites (I personally like those):
Mount Royal Soccer - Many good articles. Sofiane the author posts here too.
Twitter: @Nick_Sabetti, @amandacstein (tweets NHL/CFL too), hashtag #IMFC is also a good source for current talk.

Most important players:
Bernier-CM: MVP. Solid defensively and creates a lot in midfield.
Felipe-CAM: Offensive magician. Great playmaker. In early 20s and so much fun to watch.
Di Vaio (aka MDV)-ST: Clinical finisher. Great skills and technique. Age slowed him down and tends to be offside a lot but still an excellent striker.
Nesta-CB: Shell of his former legendary self but still good enough. Stamina on NA turf an issue but it's Nesta ffs!

Common starting XI: 4-2-3-1: Perkins; Valentin, Nesta/Camara, Ferrari/Rivas, Brovsky; Arnaud, Bernier, Warner, Mapp, Felipe; MDV.

For 2013 maybe: Perkins; Valentin, Nesta/Camara, Ferrari/Rivas, Brovsky; Arnaud, Bernier, Warner, Pisanu, Felipe; MDV.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:

Don't worry man, everyone is friendly here.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:54 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
OK...growing up in Texas, the MLS doesn't get a lot of visibility. Obviously FC Dallas and the Dynamo play here, but they get almost no tv or radio time due to football, basketball, and baseball. No doubt IMFC is now my favorite team and I will make a point to stay up to date on a daily basis. Is there a good site to visit (other than the team's official website) that gives a pretty fair and balanced view of the team/players? Or even someone that can give me a quick run down of the players to get excited about? I'm obviously familiar with Arnaud and the two Itilians just from having watched soccer over the past decade or so, but I don't know a lot about IMFC. My friends and family are trying to get a feeling for the team culture and what the fans are like. We are thrilled to see that Montreal seems to care MUCH more about soccer than most of the United States and we are thrilled to see that Blake will be playing in a city that actually watches soccer.

Well to start off, the "biggest" name is Alessandro Nesta. I don't know if you are a big European Soccer fan, but Nesta is one of the best defenders to ever play the game. He's won the world cup, and played for AC Milan when they were at their peak.

As stated in the post above, Patrice Bernier & Felipe Martins (Video I made about him here) are our two main guys in the middle of the pitch. Also got Matteo Ferrari, an experienced Italian defender.

If there is one thing that you could tell your bro it would be this: Try his best to impress during the training camp & the pre season tournament in New Orleans. If he shows some sparks, the technical staff [Manager & Assistant Coachhes who were here last year] will tell the New coach to give your brother a shot since it was a huge hole last year(Our play down the flanks).

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 01-21-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
BradtheAg06

Thanks guys for the input! I can't wait to see how the season plays out.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Woland

Also, showing the slightest interest in the unique Quebec and french Canadian flavor always helps with the fans and the media

the people here like those who seem to appreciate and respect the different culture which Quebec has to offer.

a quick "merci" or "bonjour" can work wonders.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:40 PM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Yeah, just ask Andrew Wenger I mean, it shows he came here not only to play but to embrace a whole new city.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:06 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Damn. Felipe didn't even speak English 1 year ago...

Old
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Geester76

Quote:

Andrew Wenger is our 1st Round Pick of last year draft (1st Overall in 2012) He's a player to watch because he hasn't reach is full potential and he's just 22 years old.
I post you the highlights of some of his goals. First video is the MLS' video that showcase him in 2012 draft. The second one is a goal Wenger scored against Hugo Lloris (one of the top goalie in the world he's now with Tottenham in England) in a Friendly against Olympique Lyonnais from French Ligue 1 that took place last year in Montréal. I hope you will enjoy them.

2012 Draft video :

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...deo-highlights

Goal against Hugo Lloris :

http://tvasports.ca/videos/video-int...ier-de-limpact

Old
01-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Maxpac

Wowsa! Felipe's english is 15x better now. I can't wait for the season to start, but it is so frustrating to have a billionaire owner, the great Alessandro Nesta for 1 more season and start with only 1 designated player. How come Vancouver and Toronto maxed out their available spots but not us? We're richer than both those clubs put together.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Geester76

I hope we have a friendly againt PSG this year!!!! It would be awesome to see STARS like: Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Ménez, Lavezzi etc.Please make it happens Mister Saputo.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Wowsa! Felipe's english is 15x better now. I can't wait for the season to start, but it is so frustrating to have a billionaire owner, the great Alessandro Nesta for 1 more season and start with only 1 designated player. How come Vancouver and Toronto maxed out their available spots but not us? We're richer than both those clubs put together.
Actually read NDS say the team had "Two squad spots left" and that he "Wanted to keep one open for July"

Old
01-21-2013, 10:21 PM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geester76 View Post
I hope we have a friendly againt PSG this year!!!! It would be awesome to see STARS like: Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Ménez, Lavezzi etc.Please make it happens Mister Saputo.
I hate those games. They're meaningless. Qualify for the CCL instead. If so, get a friendly in Mexico to play. At least, they'll learn how to play vs those teams instead of European stars playing half seriously.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I hate those games. They're meaningless. Qualify for the CCL instead. If so, get a friendly in Mexico to play. At least, they'll learn how to play vs those teams instead of European stars playing half seriously.
Well, I do agree that those games against European sides are meaningless, but they are a chance for fans to see some Euro stars and most importantly some players they normally don't see. I loved watching Bush, Mallace and Ouimette against OL.

Closed Thread