HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening night chanting

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
  #26
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
oh ah silfverberg should be saved for silf goals. But we should do it for every silf goal.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM
  #27
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 265
I am just talking about the season opener. Maybe I should have been more clear on that point.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:20 PM
  #28
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,492
vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Whenever Marc Methot does anything of consequence, we should chant M-E-T-H-O-T MAN ala Method Man/Wu Tang.
Oh my... This sounds an awful lot like those RSU "songs" that never really took off a few years ago

"Ellllliotttttt"
"Theres only one. Jason Spezza"
"Ruutu... Ruuuuuuuuuuuutu"

Pretty lame and annoying. As were the Silfverberg chants in the playoffs last year.

Chant for the team, leave the personalized messages for when u watch with your buddies if thats what ur into.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:26 PM
  #29
v-man
Registered User
 
v-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,891
vCash: 500
How about you wait until Silf actual does something for the team before giving him a unique chant. He's done squat so far. Karlsson doesn't have a chant, and he's been the best d-man in the league for a couple years.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
  #30
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Karlsson doesn't have a chant, and he's been the best d-man in the league for a couple years.
Sounds like a challenge!!

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:34 PM
  #31
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Oh my... This sounds an awful lot like those RSU "songs" that never really took off a few years ago

"Ellllliotttttt"
"Theres only one. Jason Spezza"
"Ruutu... Ruuuuuuuuuuuutu"

Pretty lame and annoying. As were the Silfverberg chants in the playoffs last year.

Chant for the team, leave the personalized messages for when u watch with your buddies if thats what ur into.
Matter of opinion. Personally, I love the personalized chants. Nothing like a rousing rendition of "NEILER" or "Walking in a Spezza Wonderland" to get the blood pumping.

__________________
hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:35 PM
  #32
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
How about you wait until Silf actual does something for the team before giving him a unique chant. He's done squat so far. Karlsson doesn't have a chant, and he's been the best d-man in the league for a couple years.
Sorry I got excited about a prospect. My bad.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:48 PM
  #33
DylanSensFan
Walk On!
 
DylanSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,557
vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
That's what I was thinking, Deku. I think it'd be better if every time he scored a goal we chanted Oh Ah Silfverberg.
could also have the alfie affect. You cheer for Silf and then he scores.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:21 PM
  #34
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,353
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Or maybe knowing he has the support of the fans he is more likely to relax and be the player we know he can be and help alleviate and home sickness he might be feeling.
Think of it in terms of credit. You establish a reputation for being trusted with responsibility, and THEN you receive monetary credit. You aren't given money "in hopes" that you use it responsibly. I've heard this before with Lehner - people say "he's better suited for the NHL". NO that is not how it works - you earn it you don't have someone hand it to you. Either way he wasn't chanted tonight as it should have been.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
  #35
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Think of it in terms of credit. You establish a reputation for being trusted with responsibility, and THEN you receive monetary credit. You aren't given money "in hopes" that you use it responsibly. I've heard this before with Lehner - people say "he's better suited for the NHL". NO that is not how it works - you earn it you don't have someone hand it to you. Either way he wasn't chanted tonight as it should have been.
Looooooool, I love your posts, Main.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
  #36
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 232
I contributed to the Silfverberg chants from my couch.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:51 PM
  #37
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.
 
Goat Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Karlsson doesn't have a chant, and he's been the best d-man in the league for a couple years.
Just sing the Varldens basta Karlsson song, only anglicized. "Karlsson, Karlsson, World's Best Karlsson." Sing it nice and slow and it would sound amazing.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.