HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL (Part XL)

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
So...Damien Brunner? Next Detroit gem?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Great hands by Brunner

Old
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

That was just sick.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

zuke had good shootout hands too.

doesnt translate into being able to play 5 on 5 nhl hockey though

Old
01-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
That was just sick.
rangers should scout some of these undrafted free agents from europe... oh wait they have tried with Zuccarello...

Old
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Slick.

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

This free Center Ice preview isn't going to help my sleep schedule, that's for sure.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:40 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
epic fail

mcilrath vs tarasenko wont even be close. such a joke.

terrible for this organization that struggles to score goals and has to import its best goal scorers to pass on a guy with that kinda skill.

this young russian was there on a platter for us and yet we choose a fighter with questionable hockey sense but so called "enormous upside"

unforgiveable.
What's this upside? It couldn't have been close to Tarasenko's even at the time.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
This free Center Ice preview isn't going to help my sleep schedule, that's for sure.
I have 3 exams this week. lol.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Tarasenko will slow down, as soon as teams figure him out. A lot of young guys tear it up their first year. He'll be good, no doubt but he'll come back to earth.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
SnowblindNYR

BTW, the Pens thread made me think of McIlrath. Brooks Orpik is a guy that any team in the NHL would love to have. Good physical D-man. McIlrath may become that. However, are the Pens perennial cup favorites because of Orpik or Crosby and Malkin?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Thinking Getzlaf and Perry should have good seasons. They're set to cash in next July.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
BTW, the Pens thread made me think of McIlrath. Brooks Orpik is a guy that any team in the NHL would love to have. Good physical D-man. McIlrath may become that. However, are the Pens perennial cup favorites because of Orpik or Crosby and Malkin?
Comparing him to Crosby and Malkin after two games?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
and some fans think Bickel is better than McIlrath.. McIlrath can actually skate.. when have you seen Bickel skate to make a big hit..

i dont see how McIlrath couldnt replace Bickel at this time..

Old
01-21-2013, 09:53 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
Tarasenko will slow down, as soon as teams figure him out. A lot of young guys tear it up their first year. He'll be good, no doubt but he'll come back to earth.
if you know talent. i mean pure hockey talent, then your statement is invalid.

tarasenko has "it". hes a player. a goal scorer, a dangler and a flat out scary "get up outa your seat" player. plus hes got emotion and flare. hes special.

i said he would be a stud. and i said gordie made a huge blunder. i stand by that

i hope im wrong. i doubt it.

he should have been a ny ranger

Old
01-21-2013, 09:54 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Comparing him to Crosby and Malkin after two games?
Oh man, I really forgot what kind of logic I'm dealing with here. It was an analogy. Tarasenko is not and probably will never be Crosby or Malkin. The analogy is do you fear teams because they have a physical defenseman or a world class talent? Tarasenko does have world class talent. He may not reach his potential, but the talent is there.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Jesus, people need to realize that just because a better player was picked later in the draft that it was a bad pick.
29 other teams had a chance to draft Ludnqvist, and Callahan, and Stepan. Just because they might have picked someone not as good doesn't mean it was a bad pick.

Someone posted a few days ago, that outside the top few picks, only like half/a third of all 1st rounders become full time NHLers
If McI becomes an NHL defenseman, he was a good pick

In simpler terms: you can't expect your team to get the best player every draft. Technically, they should get the best player every 30 drafts

01-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
if you know talent. i mean pure hockey talent, then your statement is invalid.

tarasenko has "it". hes a player. a goal scorer, a dangler and a flat out scary "get up outa your seat" player. plus hes got emotion and flare. hes special.

i said he would be a stud. and i said gordie made a huge blunder. i stand by that

i hope im wrong. i doubt it.

he should have been a ny ranger
Not saying he isn't, just saying it's been two games. Doesn't make my statement invalid lol.

Quote:
Oh man, I really forgot what kind of logic I'm dealing with here. It was an analogy. Tarasenko is not and probably will never be Crosby or Malkin. The analogy is do you fear teams because they have a physical defenseman or a world class talent? Tarasenko does have world class talent. He may not reach his potential, but the talent is there.
Wait so when I take things literal I lack logic... But if you were to do it? It's a horrible analogy if he isn't going to be a Crosby or Malkin don't name them specifically. Lest you want people to ask the exact question I did.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:00 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

bottom line is this

we know what tarasenko is. hes a scary goal scorer. he was that in the khl and hes that now. today . he just broke the ALL TIME blues record for points to start season.

we know what we want mcilrath to become. but today hes an ahl player with questionable hockey iq. could he develop ? sure he could. will he/ i say its 50/50

meanwhile, tarasenko will remind us every game what he can do. right now. today.

i know which guy we could use more right now in our top 6.

do you ?

Old
01-21-2013, 10:03 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
and some fans think Bickel is better than McIlrath.. McIlrath can actually skate.. when have you seen Bickel skate to make a big hit..

i dont see how McIlrath couldnt replace Bickel at this time..
He can skate? So what? If Tarasenko fulfills his potential then McIlrath better be a ****ing superstar, hell a generation defenseman considering how much more of a deficit we have at forward. McIlrath better be BETTER than Tarasenko. Considering his ceiling is a good physicaly D-man who can skate, not some superstar, this is a HUGE mistake most likely.

Our prized 28 year old seasoned vet Rick Nash who has been playing on the first line with Brad Richards hasn't looked as good as this rookie. We gave up replaceable players for him, but still decent depth. He's also 28, so he's not that young anymore.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
bottom line is this

we know what tarasenko is. hes a scary goal scorer. he was that in the khl and hes that now. today . he just broke the ALL TIME blues record for points to start season.

we know what we want mcilrath to become. but today hes an ahl player with questionable hockey iq. could he develop ? sure he could. will he/ i say its 50/50

meanwhile, tarasenko will remind us every game what he can do. right now. today.

i know which guy we could use more right now in our top 6.

do you ?
You called it back then, and I remember you fawning over Tarasenko. So you know him better than I do, I'm just not one to live in the past. Point is we have what we have right now, and McIlrath may turn into, and I think he will, a very solid shut down D-man with snarl. We lack that as well, hopefully he catches Tarasenko like Orpik caught Kreider at some point in the future. We shall see.

We have enough skill offensively, that isn't our problem.

Quote:
He can skate? So what? If Tarasenko fulfills his potential then McIlrath better be a ****ing superstar, hell a generation defenseman considering how much more of a deficit we have at forward. McIlrath better be BETTER than Tarasenko. Considering his ceiling is a good physicaly D-man who can skate, not some superstar, this is a HUGE mistake most likely.
Or else?

Quote:
Our prized 28 year old seasoned vet Rick Nash who has been playing on the first line with Brad Richards hasn't looked as good as this rookie. We gave up replaceable players for him, but still decent depth. He's also 28, so he's not that young anymore.
That's right, Tarasenko in 2 games has accomplished much more than Rick Nash and Brad Richards in the NHL right?

Let's see where everyone ends up at the end of the season.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:09 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Not saying he isn't, just saying it's been two games. Doesn't make my statement invalid lol.

Wait so when I take things literal I lack logic... But if you were to do it? It's a horrible analogy if he isn't going to be a Crosby or Malkin don't name them specifically. Lest you want people to ask the exact question I did.
Yes, not everything is literal. Unfortunately we have stupid faces like "". I named them by name and I named Orpik to illustrate a point. You're not afraid of teams because they have big bad boogeyman D-men. Unless maybe their name is Scott Stevens or something. You're afraid skill.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:09 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
What's this upside? It couldn't have been close to Tarasenko's even at the time.
clark fell in love with what mcilrath could be. weve been there before. paging mr jessiman. i blame gordie and him alone. he gambled. imo, he lost.

and vlady is russian. not saying this organization is anti russian but lets just say torts isnt gonna give his nod and wink for anyone with a first name of vladimir.

when it comes to drafting, this is a canadian or american only need apply team. the only exception would be for the occasional swede.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Kershaw

Orpik didn't break out til he was 27 years old as a top 4 dman. Just saying.

If Mac ends up like Orpik, then we hit a homerun with that pick. I think he has a good chance of hitting that level.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Yes, not everything is literal. Unfortunately we have stupid faces like "". I named them by name and I named Orpik to illustrate a point. You're not afraid of teams because they have big bad boogeyman D-men. Unless maybe their name is Scott Stevens or something. You're afraid skill.
Not really, I am afraid of a well rounded team. Which we are and so are the Blues. If Tarasenko was on the island or in Columbus we'd all be dazzled but would we really be that scared of him?

Quote:
clark fell in love with what mcilrath could be. weve been there before. paging mr jessiman. i blame gordie and him alone. he gambled. imo, he lost.

and vlady is russian. not saying this organization is anti russian but lets just say torts isnt gonna give his nod and wink for anyone with a first name of vladimir.

when it comes to drafting, this is a canadian or american only need apply team. the only exception would be for the occasional swede.
I don't think it will be a Jessiman situation, McIlrath will be a regular in the NHL. Hopefully more than just a journeyman.

Closed Thread