HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Agreed that the goalies in the east are the best in the business with Ryan Miller being the undisputed #1 in the NHL!

The issue is Luongo's contract is terrible and is he is not even close to being on Ryan Miller's level, neither is Schneider. No way Toronto takes any of Van's goalies, not much of an upgrade to what we have now.
Has Ryan Miller had a better season than Luongo more than once in his career?

Van's goalies are not much of an upgrade?

Too funny.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Browsing Twitter and a few people are saying Gillis just said that a Luongo trade is imminent.. but yet to hear any media "insiders" say anything of the sort.

Anything here?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Agreed that the goalies in the east are the best in the business with Ryan Miller being the undisputed #1 in the NHL!

The issue is Luongo's contract is terrible and is he is not even close to being on Ryan Miller's level, neither is Schneider. No way Toronto takes any of Van's goalies, not much of an upgrade to what we have now.
Is this thread also a time machine back to 2010?

Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
T M L
The Big Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Browsing Twitter and a few people are saying Gillis just said that a Luongo trade is imminent.. but yet to hear any media "insiders" say anything of the sort.

Anything here?
Please not to Toronto!

Old
01-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:

The team I saw tonight lost because the other goalie was better. Toronto had a good night and lost. They cant afford to waste the few good nights they are going to have and get zero points out of it.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
The team I saw tonight lost because the other goalie was better. Toronto had a good night and lost. They cant afford to waste the few good nights they are going to have and get zero points out of it.
When you score 0 goals for 57 minutes, you cannot reasonably expect to get points.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:10 PM
T M L
The Big Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Agreed, Toronto did lose because of Miller tonight, he was fantastic! Miller is the best goalie in the world, bar none and no matter what goalie is in net at the other end they will NOT be better than him.

Leafs have to be more relentless with their attack when your facing the best goalie in the world. They sat back the first 2 periods and did nothing. They turned up the speed in the 3rd and scored 2 goals with another nice one from Kadri (and then the tying goal being called off). You can't expect to play 1 period against Miller and win when he is having a strong night in goal.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:15 PM
crt

I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of Gillis' mouth.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I don't want us to trade Luongo until Schneider legitimately outplays him for 3+ games in a row.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:23 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Agreed, Toronto did lose because of Miller tonight, he was fantastic! Miller is the best goalie in the world, bar none and no matter what goalie is in net at the other end they will NOT be better than him.

Leafs have to be more relentless with their attack when your facing the best goalie in the world. They sat back the first 2 periods and did nothing. They turned up the speed in the 3rd and scored 2 goals with another nice one from Kadri (and then the tying goal being called off). You can't expect to play 1 period against Miller and win when he is having a strong night in goal.
Miller is not the best goalie in the world.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I don't want us to trade Luongo until Schneider legitimately outplays him for 3+ games in a row.
A "full" season may be nice too. Job stolen my butt.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:26 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post

Anything here?
Anyone legit saying this? Or just randoms?

Old
01-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
When you score 0 goals for 57 minutes, you cannot reasonably expect to get points.
I seriously can't understand how the point you make gets lost on people.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Anyone legit saying this? Or just randoms?
Gillis just said in an hour interview with the Vancouver sun that there's a deal on the table involving Lu with a team that's not being talked about and that have to " wait " for a player.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Crows*

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=7851324

Old
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
He legitimately outplayed him last playoffs for 3 games in a row. 4 goals in 3 games against the eventual cup champs with a .960 SV%. Or are you just talking about this season?

Old
01-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
A "full" season may be nice too. Job stolen my butt.
He does not even get 3 games in a row let alone a full season to prove himself with roberto around... you cant have a 5.3 million backup on the bench while cory tests the water for a full season.

How is he suppose to prove himself to robertos fans when they want roberto in net all the time, and av looks to be splitting duties again this season.

The only way cory gets a fair chance to prove himself is with roberto gone, and thats why trades are always a risk.

People say the market is unfair to roberto, his fans are going to make this market even worse for cory. Think about how many chances roberto got before he took this team to game 7. People are already calling him (cory) a bust after his first game when half the best goalies in the league got pulled themselves this opening weekend.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-21-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
He legitimately outplayed him last playoffs for 3 games in a row. 4 goals in 3 games against the eventual cup champs with a .960 SV%. Or are you just talking about this season?
This season, yes. Better safe than sorry. We can always trade Luongo later. We can't undo the trade if it turns out to be the wrong decision(which I'll admit is unlikely, but still)

Old
01-21-2013, 10:42 PM
luongo321

Quote:
This season, yes. Better safe than sorry. We can always trade Luongo later. We can't undo the trade if it turns out to be the wrong decision(which I'll admit is unlikely, but still)
I've never seen Schneider as rattled as I did in his post-game interview against the Ducks. I thought the reason we were getting rid of lu because he was a bit of a headcase at times, but Schneider looked like he was doing his best lu blackhawks meltdown impression in that ducks game. If Schneider can't take game 1 pressure of a regular season as a started just because Lu is sitting on the bench then I'd want to hold on to Lu for at least tiny bit longer to make sure Cory hasnt already cracked. Cory has such a strong head on his shoulders normally, but I was not impressed with any part of his game/interview in that ducks game.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
He does not even get 3 games in a row let alone a full season to prove himself with roberto around... you cant have a 5.3 million backup on the bench while cory tests the water for a full season.

How is he suppose to prove himself to robertos fans when they want roberto in net all the time, and av looks to be splitting duties again this season.

The only way cory gets a fair chance to prove himself is with roberto gone, and thats why trades are always a risk.

People say the market is unfair to roberto, his fans are going to make this market even worse for cory. Think about how many chances roberto got before he took this team to game 7. People are already calling him a bust after his first game when half the best goalies in the league got pulled themselves this opening weekend.
well written. It is a total distraction. Smiling for the cameras and saying it's not will not cut it.

Either trade Luongo or trade Schneider. Period.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:44 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Gillis just said in an hour interview with the Vancouver sun that there's a deal on the table involving Lu with a team that's not being talked about and that have to " wait " for a player.
Thanks. Good news for the Oiler and Leaf fans that aren't keen on Luongo's 10 remaining years on his deal.

I know the Canucks need some 2nd line help, but trading away RL after how both he and Schneider have started the season would be a ballsy move.

Edit: Here is the quote for those interested.
Quote:
“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis
I guess we'll see if another team moves a goalie in the next little bit.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Numbers

It says that team is waiting on another player. It means that, the player is probably a goalie and the team needs to trade him. Really wouldn't be surprised if it was Detroit and they were talking about Howard being the player the team has to do something about.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Thanks. Good news for the Oiler and Leaf fans that aren't keen on Luongo's 10 remaining years on his deal.

I know the Canucks need some 2nd line help, but trading away RL after how both he and Schneider have started the season would be a ballsy move.

Edit: Here is the quote for those interested.

I guess we'll see if another team moves a goalie in the next little bit.
Karlsson moved...just sayin'.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Teams that aren't talked about...Washington, Detroit, Ottawa, maybe Philly still counts?

I'm as curious as anything to see a deal get done, despite my reservations on how wise a move it would be.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
It says that team is waiting on another player. It means that, the player is probably a goalie and the team needs to trade him. Really wouldn't be surprised if it was Detroit and they were talking about Howard being the player the team has to do something about.
Brygalov...

Closed Thread