KeziaTML

vCash: 279
Any news about how Trotman is faring?

KeziaTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 02:14 PM
jetsjets1028

vCash: 500
went to my 5th game of season saturday night in springifeld 2nd loss but omg that was an absolutely HORRIBLE AWFUL game by pbruins they looked AWFUL and overmatched... 2nd time losing to springfield in 1 week...
hutchinson WHY is he getting in 1 game per week? he is absolutely HORRIBLE...
where has sauve gone? not huge factor all of sudden after hot start to the year
i have no idea how that team that i saw saturday night had 5 goals friday just absolutely abysmal
krug has become 1 of their best players? thats not good...
bte robbins was way out of control easily the worst ive ever seen him

Last edited by jetsjets1028: 01-15-2013 at 07:06 PM.
jetsjets1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

And here we go again.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
And here we go again.
omg lolz we r so lucky 2 have this valuable insight rofl

MillerTime 86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
He's doing great ... Not flashy by any means (good for a defenseman), solid in his own end, and has a knack for getting the puck to the net which has landed him a pile of assists this season. Looking more and more like future NHL material ...

Old
01-15-2013, 05:47 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

Quote:
has improved alot since the start of the season, took a nasty blindside hit to the head on sunday and is going to be out for a couple of weeks

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Bri

Quote:
If you are asking about his injury, Mark Divver reports via twitter @MarkDivver:
Quote:
Still out indefinitely last I heard w/ upper body
As for his play...I like Trotman a lot and make a point to watch him each time I go to a game which has been only 3 this season. Solid, smart, will jump up at times, but first instinct is defense. Uses his size well and has a knack for getting his shots on net and in spots were his team can get sticks on it.

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

Retweeted by Mark Drivver

@NHLBruins will be sending Ryan Spooner, Jamie Tardif and Matt Bartkowski back to Providence.

SanDogBrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:34 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
We sat down by the goal the Bruins defend twice Friday night- second row (kinda near the corner). I say this because I had such a good view of Trotman getting nailed and me and my daughter could see the hit coming that you wanted to pull a Twilight Zone and freeze the scene and go tell him to look out.

I think it was Providence College's own Colin McDonald that hit him. He really nailed him coming around the net and Trotman went for his lower part of his face- chin. I wondered if he broke his jaw and still do. But he may have just got major dinged and have a concussion. He did make it back to the bench without wobbling or atleast I didn't notice. I'm not sure it was dirty but it was a bleeping killer of a shot- Trotman had no idea and that he stayed up was pretty impressive.

I like this kid alot has improved every game and hope he is ok.

As for the guys sent down not to suprising although I thought Bartkowski might get nod over Krugg since I figured they'd keep one. Krug is coming back from an injury and looked pretty good in the exhibition game and I'm hearing is doing well in Big Boy Camp. Haven't seen anything but he might be outplaying Hamilton right now- but Dougie is very young and Boston would be wise to keep him around and learn. I like Krugg's game though- very good under pressure in the limited games I've seen him; and a good skater. Is Warsofsky still up? He's another undersized D who has a lot of skills and has looked good in the Providence games I've gone to.

I figured MacDermid would stick around- he's improved and he is pretty tough, not super HW, but can go with most guys and can kill penalties and is overall got some decent skating and gritty skills.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Looks like Warsofsky and MacDermid made the Bruins. Rosters had to be finalized by 5pm.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Alan Ryan

Providence lost to Portland 3-2 in a shootout on Friday night. Spooner and Robins had the goals.

Game story: http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...n-shootout.ece

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Alan Ryan

Bobby Robins a cult hero in Providence

Here's a story on the P-Bruins resident pest and scrapper Bobby Robins. He is leading the AHL in fighting majors and is inspired by Shawn Thornton.

Since landing here a year ago on a tryout contract, he’s made an astonishing ascent from journeyman to P-Bruins cult hero, thanks not only to his performance and his engaging personality but to his vivid and insightful writing on bobbyrobins.com. He’s probably the most popular P-Bruin since Aaron Downey.

There are similarities between Robins and another tough right winger who toiled for many years in the AHL before making the big time — Shawn Thornton of the Bruins. Coach Cassidy was an assistant coach in Norfolk when Thornton was there. “They were both straight-line players. Thorty had better puck skills. Bobby’s a better body-checker on the forecheck. Thornton’s hockey IQ was ahead of Bobby’s. He fought a lot and did very well, just like Bobby does,” Cassidy said.

Robins has never met Thornton, though the two may have traded a chirp or two on Tuesday night.
“I have so much respect for Thornton. He embodies what I want to be. He can play the game, he’s a good player. He makes plays, he has a great shot. Then everybody knows what he can do with his gloves off. I know he’s worked really hard to get where he is. If definitely inspires me,” he said.
Robins, who leads the AHL in fighting majors (21) and penalty minutes (183 in 34 games), is closer than he’s ever been to getting a shot in the NHL, either in Boston or elsewhere.

Read it here: http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...r-p-bruins.ece

Check out BR's web site here: http://www.bobbyrobins.com/

Old
01-20-2013, 07:51 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Off topic but in the AHL last night....

Immediately though of Lou. I can just see Lou screaming, hit him, hit him, hit him !!!

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115080

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:59 AM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Warsofsky sent back to Providence today and Aaron Johnson sent back up. Happened a little sooner than I thought but they probably didn't want Warsofsky rotting in the press box under the false pretenses that he had "made the team". He'll be back in time to play in this afternoon's game vs. The Whale, which is good ... He'll still get a game in this weekend after all of the false hype in Boston.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:07 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Warsofsky sent back to Providence today and Aaron Johnson sent back up. Happened a little sooner than I thought but they probably didn't want Warsofsky rotting in the press box under the false pretenses that he had "made the team". He'll be back in time to play in this afternoon's game vs. The Whale, which is good ... He'll still get a game in this weekend after all of the false hype in Boston.
I am sure Warsofsky knew the deal He knew Johnson was going to be the #7, and I am sure was happy to pick up the NHL paycheck for a day, and be in Boston as part of the Bruins for opening night in the Garden even if only in the press box.

I am surprised it happened today, because I would have thought they would have wanted Johnson to get one more game in before coming back to Boston.

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:19 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post

I am surprised it happened today, because I would have thought they would have wanted Johnson to get one more game in before coming back to Boston.
Me too. Figured they'd trade places tomorrow ...

But great that Warsofsky is getting a game in this weekend

Old
01-20-2013, 05:20 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Bruins win 4-1. Warsofsky with a goal and an assist. Tardif scores his 18th ... Spooner and Florek with a pair of assists each.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Alan Ryan

Providence 4 Connecticut 1 in what looks like a dominant performance. Shots were 38-15 in favor of Providence.

The P-Bruins needed this win after two losses on the weekend.

Perhaps they will settle down now that the disruptions of the Bruins training camp are over. Only Bourque and MacDermid remain in Boston.

Goals: Tardif, Warsofsky, Camper (PP), MacKinnon

Assists: Spooner (2), Florek (2), Bartkowski, Warsofsky, Mink, Hanson

Stars: #1-Warsofsky, #2-Spooner, #3-Tardif

Goaltending: Svedberg had 13 saves on 14 shots

Gamesheet: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010464

Old
01-20-2013, 09:44 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Spooner looked great today, some real smooth moves. Also a couple of big scraps, including a near brawl when the PBruins ran over the Whale's goalie.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:42 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Spooner is having a heck of a first season, the last 20 year old who had a first season in Providence like this was Brad Marchand. Spooner is the first call up encase of injury, might be a year or two away from having an impact at the NHL, but it is earning his shot.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:53 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Spooner is having a heck of a first season, the last 20 year old who had a first season in Providence like this was Brad Marchand. Spooner is the first call up encase of injury, might be a year or two away from having an impact at the NHL, but it is earning his shot.
I agree for the most part, primary difference is that Marchand had the sandpaper game to break into the NHL as a 4th liner and work his way up. Don't think Spooner will be able to do that. The former PRO player I would compare him to is Krejci. Both are skill players who really need to be playing Top 6 in the NHL to be most effective. I would not be surprised to see a similar career path, full season in the AHL (hopefully near a point per game), followed by a 2nd year starting in the A And ending up in the NHL.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I agree for the most part, primary difference is that Marchand had the sandpaper game to break into the NHL as a 4th liner and work his way up. Don't think Spooner will be able to do that. The former PRO player I would compare him to is Krejci. Both are skill players who really need to be playing Top 6 in the NHL to be most effective. I would not be surprised to see a similar career path, full season in the AHL (hopefully near a point per game), followed by a 2nd year starting in the A And ending up in the NHL.
I mean from a production perspective, we haven't had a 20 year old play this well in Providence since Marchand. Spooner and Marchand are at opposite ends of the spectrum in playing style; Spooner could win the Lady Byng and Marchand probably took Lady Byng out for a steak dinner and never called her again.

Spooner is developing nicely, right now he’s 14th in AHL rookie scoring, about 4/5 of those players are older and many ahead of Spooner played more games. He is certainly amongst the best rookies in the AHL this year.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:13 AM
DaaaaB's

I haven't heard much about Cross the last couple weeks. Is he continuing to play well?

What about Camper? Haven't heard much about him this year but it looks like he's still putting points up.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
I haven't heard much about Cross the last couple weeks. Is he continuing to play well?

What about Camper? Haven't heard much about him this year but it looks like he's still putting points up.
Cross got in a fight with Ryan Bourque I believe Friday night

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote